Email Scam

Juliana

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I received this email today. Wish I knew of a government agency I could contact to try to stop this. Someone will fall for it I'm sure. Beware.

"Micheal Chambers Justice
Avocats & Avocats-Conseils
Lot ,1583, Cocody
Abidjan , Cote d'Ivoire
Dear Att:

I am Barrister Michael Lawson a solicitor at law. the personal attorney to Mr Kenneth Gardner,a national of your country,who used to work with British/Dutch Shell petroleum-development Company Pty in Cote d 'Ivoire. after referred as my client.On the 21st of April 2005, my client, his Wife and their three children were involved in a car accident along sandton express road.All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.

I am contacting you to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to claim hiscontract sum which he executed under Cote d 'Ivoire National Petroleum Corperation(SNPC) before his sudden death. Particularly, the Federal Ministry of finance(FMF) and the Finance Company where the deceased had his contract fund valued at about [76,000.000.00USD][Seventy Six million United States Dollars] has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next fourteen official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for almost 2years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you are foreigner, so that the proceeds of this account valued at [76,000.000.00USD][Seventy Six million United States Dollars] can be paid to your bank account.For God sake, I will acquire all necessary legal documents in your name that can be used to backup any claim we may make.

We will start the first transfer with Thirty Six million[$36,000.000] upon successful transaction without any disappointment from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining amount to your account. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through.I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate
arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

I need your full co-operation to make this work fine.because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this business.
At the conclusion of this business,you will be given 35% of the total amount,60% will be for me,while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring. I amreposing my confidence in you now beliving that you will never let me down.

Barrister Michael Lawson
Micheal Chambers Justice
Avocats & Avocats-Conseils
Lot ,1583, Cocody
Abidjan , Cote d'Ivoire "

LOL..yep scam. Go ahead and report it to your ISP.:razz: Hope you have a nice day Juliana. :D

My brother got one such as this and replied to it with as much B*LLSH*T as it gave. And in the end it was obvious the other person was getting screwed. He never got a reply... imagine that :crazy:

No doubt this is a scam. I have gotten these before. These have gotten a lot of people in serious trouble. They may send you a check which will turn out to be worthless. You will have to send them a sum of money which you will never see again in many of these cases. Have you ever wondered why they picked you to do this out of all the people in the world?

I have gotten a few of these lately - seems like the run in spurts.

To be frank, you should NEVER open an email if you do not know the sender personally or are expecting an email say from a company you deal with.

It not only could contain a virus, but it could also send a "signal" of sorts back to the sender indicating that this is a valid email addy. Then, you get set up for an invasion of spam. Just delete the unopened email(s) and empty your trash.

I get a bunch of those every day. I can't believe people actually fall for that stuff.

I get a bunch too.

All you have to do is send them your checking account number and other personal information, and they'll help you out by stripping you of your identity.

In no time you'll have no money and more bills than you can possibly pay off in your lifetime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back