TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...this RSO sure does seem interesting....is RSO in Benton Co. which is north of Decatur. I'll have to look at the map to see if you would take 69 to get there....BUT....currently in Jackson (Henderson Co.) for stalking two women in malls and making inappropriate sexual comments to them and also being publicly indecent....AND Dickson has pending charges of indecency, simple assault and attempted kidnapping...!!!!....Dickson county is due North of Hickman County where HS's attacker was frightened off in January. A possibility for sure

Yes a big possibily!

Now there was an interesting question on NG about google earth or google maps... is there a way to look at past dates? Like an archive? Or is it strictly semi real time with just a delay. Example being could you look back at Holly's house two weeks ago and see if any cars were around, people outside etc.

The question was asked in regard to another case but interesting...

Im listening to that this cop is good? he is asking ppl that have checked google earth or maps and saw anything on the satellite. he is giving alot of info without giving details....

Now there was an interesting question on NG about google earth or google maps... is there a way to look at past dates? Like an archive? Or is it strictly semi real time with just a delay. Example being could you look back at Holly's house two weeks ago and see if any cars were around, people outside etc.

Most Google Earth images are taken once a year or so when their vans go through. So, as far as looking back to two weeks ago to see, no. But to look back a year ago, or two, yes there is a way to do that. I don't remember how, but there is a way.

I don't know if there is a real time satellite service available to the public that updates often enough to be of use that way.

ETA: Oops, that 's street view I'm thinking of. Never mind. I had a brain fart.

I do google earth and it shows cars on the road trucks etc. it depends what time the satellite takes the pics

After all the cases we hear of evidence being discarded... and all the things that could be done to ensure that would happen... why would someone who doesn't want to be caught carelessly throw things around town knowing they'd be found?

One reason that comes to mind is the possibility they get some sick pleasure misleading LE and having hundreds of volunteer searchers scouring the landscape while he (the abductor) (and possibly Holly) are miles away in another direction. MOO

I don't think that article has any validity. I would believe a searcher saying they found it at 100 Eaton St. over a blog that says it was a mile further down the road.

Green, where does Dana Bobo run his business? I have a strange feeling that this guy is or was employed by him at one point. Quite a few small businesses come up via Google but Bobo's Timber Service comes up with nothing. Do we know how many people he employs approximately?

This is a good observation. As an industry many good boys (more so than men ..its HARD physical work) work for tree services but the industry as a whole has a lot of "day laborers" not career type guys. Low minimum wages usually, and probably a higher than average amount of drug abuse. I live in an area of many loggers/ tree guys and this is my observation. Sometimes there are disputes about pay, how many trees they brought in etc. if it is logging. Im not sure if Mr. bobo has more of a "logger" or "tree trimmer" type company.

If Holly Bobo had a child, NG would never shut up about the case, I'm just saying.

I think she just moves on...pregnant Bethany sure dropped off her radar after she was so indignant about the husband being in Afghanistan, etc...and she has been missing 3 months, baby would be born about now or soon...

If Holly Bobo had a child, NG would never shut up about the case, I'm just saying.

No i dont thinlk so Char,,,She needs someone to come on the show and talk to her give her info... last week it was like watching a ship sink so i really think she gave up.... Im not a big fan of Nancy but hey we have to give the woman credit for everything she does for the missing.

I feel bad for the woman with the baby also! JMO

I am still going to "buck the trend" and "controinvest" in the belief that Holly was taken by a intelligent perp who does not intend to kill her. Ever.
I don't think he was raised in the area but may have come from another part of the country.
I think he has medical/military background. Possibly he returned to Ft. Campbell on the TN/Kentucky border after a deployment a few years ago.
I'm also thinking that he is at least 30. Not as young as most seem to think.
I also think there was another intended victim closer in location/timeframe with Holly's abduction besides Heather. Don't know whether Heather was targeted by the same perp.
I know that statistics would tell us that this is someone totally local, but if so why hasn't he been missed? I believe it is because he lives off the grid and has done so for at least a couple of years.
He is familiar with high tech and has "geocached" Holly. But I think he doesn't intend for someone else to find her as a prize.
I think he may have killed or lost a family (i.e. wife/partner) and he was seeking a "forever" (although unwilling) mate.
Just look at what is happening. The searchers are thinning out, even though some is because of the weather.
Eventually they will have to stop and he will make what I believe is his 4th move since taking Holly. Step 1 was at her home, step 2 was the initial stopping place until late into the morning hours of the next day. While LE were still gathering their thoughts.
I believe step 2 was an abandoned shack. And that step 3 is a bunker built inside an unmapped cave.
All of this is just my opinion and not meant as a statement of fact.
Be strong Holly. I believe you hear the searchers. And I believe your captor is waiting for you to get Stockholm Syndrome.....

Most Google Earth images are taken once a year or so when their vans go through. So, as far as looking back to two weeks ago to see, no. But to look back a year ago, or two, yes there is a way to do that. I don't remember how, but there is a way.

I don't know if there is a real time satellite service available to the public that updates often enough to be of use that way.

ETA: Oops, that 's street view I'm thinking of. Never mind. I had a brain fart.

By looking back at images from a year or so ago, experts can find new clearings and places of interest. It has helped to find graves before.
JMO

Don't know if you can look back or not, but I do know that Google Earth normally takes a shot, and it stays up for quite sometime before being updated. The GE of my house is from 2011, and I have no idea when they put it up. When I looked a few months ago, they still had a shot with a pic of a car in my driveway that I haven't owned in 3 years. I'm in a rural area, and I don't think areas like mine are updated very often.

Well like the one service I am thinking of is a real estate progam. We used it when we were selling a house. You can zoom in on properties in a neighborhood in pretty much real time. And really zoom in. It was basically a live feed on the property you were looking at. But I dont know if it keeps a history?

I am still going to "buck the trend" and "controinvest" in the belief that Holly was taken by a intelligent perp who does not intend to kill her. Ever.
I don't think he was raised in the area but may have come from another part of the country.
I think he has medical/military background. Possibly he returned to Ft. Campbell on the TN/Kentucky border after a deployment a few years ago.
I'm also thinking that he is at least 30. Not as young as most seem to think.
I also think there was another intended victim closer in location/timeframe with Holly's abduction besides Heather. Don't know whether Heather was targeted by the same perp.
I know that statistics would tell us that this is someone totally local, but if so why hasn't he been missed? I believe it is because he lives off the grid and has done so for at least a couple of years.
He is familiar with high tech and has "geocached" Holly. But I think he doesn't intend for someone else to find her as a prize.
I think he may have killed or lost a family (i.e. wife/partner) and he was seeking a "forever" (although unwilling) mate.
Just look at what is happening. The searchers are thinning out, even though some is because of the weather.
Eventually they will have to stop and he will make what I believe is his 4th move since taking Holly. Step 1 was at her home, step 2 was the initial stopping place until late into the morning hours of the next day. While LE were still gathering their thoughts.
I believe step 2 was an abandoned shack. And that step 3 is a bunker built inside an unmapped cave.
All of this is just my opinion and not meant as a statement of fact.
Be strong Holly. I believe you hear the searchers. And I believe your captor is waiting for you to get Stockholm Syndrome.....

Snow, in keeping with your theory what is your take on the scattered evidence being recovered?

Well like the one service I am thinking of is a real estate progam. We used it when we were selling a house. You can zoom in on properties in a neighborhood in pretty much real time. And really zoom in. It was basically a live feed on the property you were looking at. But I dont know if it keeps a history?

Good point.
When I look at property for sell in the area of Holly's abduction I see many large plots that list numerous small caves and springs.
They are so common there.
Interesting just to google Decatur County or Tennessee River real estate.
Also as far as the perp being a soldier who returned to Ft. Campbell, it really isn't much of a stretch for him to end up on the TN river or any of it's adjoining areas.
JMO and will be back tomorrow still praying for an alive Holly Bobo!!!!

No i dont thinlk so Char,,,She needs someone to come on the show and talk to her give her info... last week it was like watching a ship sink so i really think she gave up.... Im not a big fan of Nancy but hey we have to give the woman credit for everything she does for the missing.

I feel bad for the woman with the baby also! JMO
in most cases, where LE doesn't release much, there's only so far NG can take a case without it veering into rumor tabloid stuff. If something happens, she'll be all over it.MOO.

This man has been ruled out as a suspect per statements made by LE and published in the Jackson Sun, only last Friday, I do believe. I am certain of the statement, not of the link. It's the article that details everyone with their various injuries and illnesses that are helping in the search, and was at the top of the second page of that article. He is not related.

I don't know I read he not been connected to Holly...doesn't mean he rule out.
The reason he was arrested was because of Holly.

snip
It was confirmed with the TBI spokeswoman that just yesterday, the arrest of xxxx *advertiser censored* in Madison County came about based on leads that the Bureau had played out while investigating Holly Bobo's disappearance.

snip
According to Helm there has been no connection made to Nickell in the Holly Lynn Bobo disappearance.

but it doesn't say rule out...IMO

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/thp-qnew-tacticsq-in-holly-bobo-search.html

Snow, in keeping with your theory what is your take on the scattered evidence being recovered?

I have to leave for a while, but I have been thinking all along that the perp intended to confuse LE by scattering evidence.
I think, for example, that he probably tazed Holly, leaving her able to walk after a few minutes. And I believe he carried her belongings himself, not her.
I also think LE has found at least several items connected with him that cannot be traced.
I do not think he has a criminal record and I don't think the blood on the scene was human at all.
He can get out of where he has Holly, but I believe he scattered the evidence before the full search even started. Probably in the timeframe it took for the brother to come downstairs, realize something was wrong and call 911.
All JMO and I think this points to the perp's intelligence.
To be blunt, he isn't Billy Bob Hillbilly.....he's educated.

Good point.
When I look at property for sell in the area of Holly's abduction I see many large plots that list numerous small caves and springs.
They are so common there.
Interesting just to google Decatur County or Tennessee River real estate.
Also as far as the perp being a soldier who returned to Ft. Campbell, it really isn't much of a stretch for him to end up on the TN river or any of it's adjoining areas.
JMO and will be back tomorrow still praying for an alive Holly Bobo!!!!

What's the prices like Snow? See ya molly, will add my prayers too....:clink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members