TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
where was that article I read that said LE looked at blood drops inside the RSO's house??? I know I read it somewhere...

IIRC, nurse, Lt. Penshorn said it on Monday morning's radio show at KGNB...it's in one of my posts upthread.

The search radius is still 2 miles.

Emmett Trapp weighed less than Joshua but was 12 inches taller.

He walked 3-4 miles, barefoot, in up to 90 degree temperatures, through washes, thickets, over hills before ending up a mile from home again.

Emmett was only missing for 40 hours.

Joshua has been missing for 94 hours.

He could easily be outside that 2 mile radius. I don't think he is too far outside it, but he could be outside it.

Combine that with the fact that they are not using actual SAR dogs...

I'm not surprised they haven't found him, even if he did just wander away and even if he is within the search area.

I have a feeling that once they do find him... we will find that if they had brought in real SAR dogs... they may have led them to Joshua in time... that will haunt people just like knowing Emmett Trapp could have been found in time.

http://www.kvue.com/news/SEARCH-CONTINUES-FOR-MISSING-TODDLER-115595194.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/emmett-trapp-wandered-off/story?id=11323106

I have some questions that may have been answered in the past, but I am behind in reading the posts
The 6 year old brother...Is that mom and dad's child, or who's ?
When is mom due ? I hope she is being monitered with all this stress.
Are there any other siblings, stepsibling in the picture?
Could the 6 year old have gone outside with Joshua earlier in the evening, and Joshua wanted to go out and 'play' again ?
Are there certain homes that Joshua and his family frequeted nearby? Maybe a friend of the 6 year old brother lives nearby and Joshua was used to walking over there with mommy to pick up/drop off big brother ?
Have any nearby families been away for a few days, before Joshua went missing ? Did he find his way into an unoccupied home ??

I only know the answer to two of your questions.

Dad keeps referring to the six year old as his son. That leads me to assume he is the bio parent and SB is the step.

Mom is due Feb. 28th. (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001127199068&sk=wall)

They may have *said* they cleared the RSO, but is LE held to a higher standard? Can't they misdirect and out-and-out lie about stuff during an investigation if they think it's to their advantage?

I don't get the vibe that the parents did anything. There were too many people there for all to cover up something like that and I just don't get that feeling from this young couple. I'm getting the feeling that he somehow wandered off (and as some have said, the wrong dogs have been used to track him) and is lying in a ditch or culvert or under a house or someplace, or, he left the house and was snatched up by a coyote, a la the famous case of Azaria and the dingo in Australia, or, someone wanted a child and stole the baby from the party somehow. It has happened in the past. That would be our best case scenario at the moment.

I don't get the vibe that the parents did anything. There were too many people there for all to cover up something like that and I just don't get that feeling from this young couple. I'm getting the feeling that he somehow wandered off (and as some have said, the wrong dogs have been used to track him) and is lying in a ditch or culvert or under a house or someplace, or, he left the house and was snatched up by a coyote, a la the famous case of Azaria and the dingo in Australia, or, someone wanted a child and stole the baby from the party somehow. It has happened in the past. That would be our best case scenario at the moment.

I know what you're saying but in the same token, there were too many adults 7 total in that house for this child to just walk away. I don't think he walked away at all. jmo

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS CHILD HAS NOT BEEN FOUND YET! WTH is going on.... I need to go back and catch up..... Did I read TES is coming in ? Oh I hope so................

The prayer vigil is starting now, adding my prayers...can't find live coverage, anyone have it?

I've thought about that too belimom. I keep going back to the dad saying he was watching a foorball game and Joshua kept messing with his hat-something to that effect.. Well, did Joshua mess with his dad's hat, pestering him as little ones sometimes can do? Did the dad get irritated and hurt Joshua on accident?

I keep going back to this scenario because of the dogs not picking up a scent at the home.
If Joshua left on foot, wouldn't the dogs be able to track him? That part really confuses me.

BBM:

I keep thinking about this also, lillys. I have never felt this precious baby wandered out a door.

I wonder what kind of chair the Dad was in, and wondered if it was maybe a rocker/recliner. Could there have been an accident?

May well have been an accident, but I do think Joshua was hurt inside that home somehow. It might have been earlier than reported. The mother was in another room with him, so I would like to know just how many 'guests' saw him that evening.

I am too cynical, I suppose. I just do not think that this is a case of an 18 month old wandering outside the house. Something is very wrong here, IMO.

MOO

I think the problem when you have alot of adults in the house is that people always think that another adult is keeping an eye on the little one and so on and so on ...They will relax a bit more

There have been times at family get togethers with my family I thought DH was watching the kids and come to find out he thought I was, I mean they were fine, my family always has one eye on my kids because my son has autism and likes to wander so eagle eyes prevail.... I am rambiling but you get what I am saying I hope ...lol.

It would also be an easy time IF someone wanted to take Joshua to step out the door with him because no one is really paying alot of attention. moo

"Although the primary focus of this investigation is that the child was somehow able to exit the residence and wander off, we are still looking at all of our different options and possible scenarios as to what may have occurred that night," said Lt. Michael Penshorn, with the New Braunfels Police Department.
Investigators have interviewed everyone with ties to the child, with some family members receiving polygraph tests. None of that information has been released. FBI units along with Texas Rangers joined in the search today, using helicopters to try to find clues.
"As of right now, we still have a number of teams out in the area just double checking some of the specific locations that we may have had questions about," said Penshorn.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26795647/detail.html

BBM:

I keep thinking about this also, lillys. I have never felt this precious baby wandered out a door.

I wonder what kind of chair the Dad was in, and wondered if it was maybe a rocker/recliner. Could there have been an accident?

May well have been an accident, but I do think Joshua was hurt inside that home somehow. It might have been earlier than reported. The mother was in another room with him, so I would like to know just how many 'guests' saw him that evening.

I am too cynical, I suppose. I just do not think that this is a case of an 18 month old wandering outside the house. Something is very wrong here, IMO.

MOO

But how do you get 7 adults to cover up the death of a baby? It is not all family, there were just friends there too. Wouldn't someone talk by now--esp since the polygraphs began?

I think the kid may have been lured away by one of the visiting friends, or escaped thru the door after one left, and was nabbed by the RSO or an opportunist. JMO

They may have *said* they cleared the RSO, but is LE held to a higher standard? Can't they misdirect and out-and-out lie about stuff during an investigation if they think it's to their advantage?

Of course, we know that they have done that. However, we have to go on what LE and the media says.

My understanding is that if LE comes out and says someone is NOT involved in a case, we have to take that as the truth. Even if we believe they are lying.

However, I am not a mod and it may not apply since he is an RSO. He may be open to being sleuthed even if LE does clear him. I just wanted to make sure it was known that LE had said he was NOT involved... before it went too far, in case he is off limits because LE said he's not involved.

Mary, Joseph and all others do we all realize that the one listed sex offender lives directly across the street from where Joshua lived? Maybe this has been mapped previously and posted?

I think the problem when you have alot of adults in the house is that people always think that another adult is keeping an eye on the little one and so on and so on ...

There have been times at family get togethers with my family I thought DH was watching the kids and come to find out he thought I was, I mean they were fine, my family always has one eye on my kids because my son has autism and likes to wander so eagle eyes prevail.... I am rambiling but you get what I am saying I hope ...lol.

It would also be an easy time IF someone wanted to take Joshua to step out the door with him because no one is really paying alot of attention. moo

I completely agree. That is why if you have kids playing out near a swimming pool you need ONE specific person watching each child. If there are a dozen adults, all watching together, chances are a kid would drown unnoticed.

I agree that someone could have snuck the boy out. The adults in the livingroom where he was last seen were busy watching the game/ Bet they had their backs to the door. One friend, who the mother was suspicious of because his story changed, left briefly, then returned. He had returned and was there when the child was found to be missing. Convenient for him imo.

katydid23, what I am suggesting is that maybe something happened before all of those people got there. If the mother was in another room watching a movie 'Toy Story' with baby Jaohus in the room, then how many people actually saw him? They could have been told he was in the room with his mother.

I am not thinking that 7 adults did a coverup at all. That is not what I think may have happened.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member