What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When KC was stealing money from her family she knew they would not call her on it. KC owed RM money and apparently he was trying to get it back from her. He let it be known he wanted the money back. What does KC do but openly use Amy's checkbook knowing that Amy would return. KC knew Amy was not going to just let her get away with it so why would she do it? KC did not care because at some point KC knew she was going to be held accountable for Caylee so she was living it up while she could without worrying about what the consequences would be. Using Amy's checkbook and writing her own name on the checks shows KC did not expect to get away with murder. She was enjoying her time in the Sun.

WillenFan - I think you are right on that. I think it's the only way they can keep her chances lower that she won't get the DP. It's all they've got. If they go for broke and try to prove her innocent, they're playing Russian Roullette with her life......IMO

That being said, they're going to have a tough time of it because of the computer searches.

"He finally cracked it at 3 a.m. on the Friday he was set to fly home.

"I found two results," Bradley told lawyers in his deposition. "One was for 'chloroform,' spelled 'c-h-l-o-r-o-f-o-r-m,' and that was dated March 17, 2008, at 14:43 p.m., 41 seconds. And there was one visit. And the second entry is for 'how to make chloroform,' and the same spelling on the 21st of March, 2008, at 3:16 p.m. and 30 seconds. One visit."

There was also a Google search on the same computer for the term "neck breaking," Bradley said."

"But defense attorneys are expected to argue there is no proof it was Casey who searched for those terms.

One of Casey's ex-boyfriends posted a picture on his MySpace profile with the caption: "Win her over with Chloroform."

Could they argue that it was the ex-boyfriend behind those searches?"

It's possible the DT will try to put the searches on RM to take the suspicion off KC but there's still a lot to explain after that. I say, either she takes the stand or tries to get them to accept a plea. I just don't think this DT has the hutzbah to pull this off, no matter what they do.

RM had a job so unless he could be in two places at once the only logical person, since there seems to be a high concentration of chloroform reported in her trunk, would be KC. In fact at the time.....KC was the ONLY one not working. Also, wasn't this search done on the home computer? jmo

RM had a job so unless he could be in two places at once the only logical person, since there seems to be a high concentration of chloroform reported in her trunk, would be KC. In fact at the time.....KC was the ONLY one not working. jmo

I understand that Lambchop. As I said, there would be a lot to explain after that anyway. My point is this. What we truly believed happened (which is KC's hand that punched those keys on that computer) and what the DT would have a jury believe may be two very different things. It all depends on what and how the DT presents it. That is what I mean by playing Russian Roullette with her life. If she is put on the stand and expected to explain things away, it's just going to be lie after lie, as it has been all along. The rest of the evidence will not support an "accident", IMO no matter what they do.

I agree with them pulling a wild card suspect out of their arses.

I have always wondered if they are going to imply that Ricardo was upset because she moved on so fast to Tony.
And there is that picture of Caylee wearing that same pink tshirt in his bedroom, with a bruise under her eye. And stories of Casey letting caylee sleep between them in bed. Makes me wonder if they are going to try a blind side on the guy during the trial...

With great respect, I do not think HHJP is going to allow anyone to blindside anyone. He simply won't allow any sort of ambush or defense unless it has been revealed already. Their case so far is to bring in witnesses and to refute their statements, this is all they have to offer.

This is why Baez and Co. couldn't reveal their defense because it is totally dependent on what the witnesses are going to say, they are more or less going with the, no she didn't, that's not true, never happened unless you have pictures to prove it, defense.

The only strategy the defense has left. They should have used insanity and did not. So they are going to have to use sexual abuse. And blame it on George. George probably does not even realize how they are going to use him. They are going to say she is not well because of the ongoing every day non stop sexual abuse. Only option they have. They have nothing else.

What if the defense is planning to throw Tone under the bus? Afterall he would be the least likely to be accused as Casey herself stated " no Tone had absolutely nothing to do with this "

I do see that my fellow posters, for whom I have a great deal of respect, are saying over and over that the bus is heading for George, and the defense the DT is going to use is George sexually abusing ICA.

For that to have any influence at all during the guilt phase, the DT would have to have some kind of evidence or confirmation it actually happened. To imply is not enough of a reason to bring someone to the witness box. The DT would need experts to testify to the effect this had on ICA and we know the DT has no mental health experts in the guilt phase, and I believe ICA would need to testify as to the actual events. None of these things is going to happen.

What I think the DT is going to do is attack the forensic evidence and make the decision the jury is going to make between was this an intentional or accidental event. If the DT chips away, they may find a juror who has more than reasonable doubt ICA is responsible.

The sexual abuse angle may be introduced in the penalty phase, but if ICA has been found guilty, the fact she was "afraid of her aggressive mother" or the imply she was abused by her brother and/or her father will have not one iota of influence on the jury at this point. Those will IMO be "so-what?" factors, not points causing a young mother to take her child's life.

WillenFan - I think you are right on that. I think it's the only way they can keep her chances lower that she won't get the DP. It's all they've got. If they go for broke and try to prove her innocent, they're playing Russian Roullette with her life......IMO

That being said, they're going to have a tough time of it because of the computer searches.

"He finally cracked it at 3 a.m. on the Friday he was set to fly home.

"I found two results," Bradley told lawyers in his deposition. "One was for 'chloroform,' spelled 'c-h-l-o-r-o-f-o-r-m,' and that was dated March 17, 2008, at 14:43 p.m., 41 seconds. And there was one visit. And the second entry is for 'how to make chloroform,' and the same spelling on the 21st of March, 2008, at 3:16 p.m. and 30 seconds. One visit."
There was also a Google search on the same computer for the term "neck breaking," Bradley said."

"But defense attorneys are expected to argue there is no proof it was Casey who searched for those terms.

One of Casey's ex-boyfriends posted a picture on his MySpace profile with the caption: "Win her over with Chloroform."

Could they argue that it was the ex-boyfriend behind those searches?"

It's possible the DT will try to put the searches on RM to take the suspicion off KC but there's still a lot to explain after that. I say, either she takes the stand or tries to get them to accept a plea. I just don't think this DT has the oomph to pull this off, no matter what they do.

I believe they are going to show that Cindy and George were working and the only person who was not working was KC. This was on the home computer so how could Ricardo get there - that is a ridiculous defense, but anything is possible with Jose -

Also, when they add in that three days prior, KC was CUT OFF from the bank and could not transfer money, might add some flavor to the mix.

KC could care less about Cindy and George. George is going to get used big time -

When KC was stealing money from her family she knew they would not call her on it. KC owed RM money and apparently he was trying to get it back from her. He let it be known he wanted the money back. What does KC do but openly use Amy's checkbook knowing that Amy would return. KC knew Amy was not going to just let her get away with it so why would she do it? KC did not care because at some point KC knew she was going to be held accountable for Caylee so she was living it up while she could without worrying about what the consequences would be. Using Amy's checkbook and writing her own name on the checks shows KC did not expect to get away with murder. She was enjoying her time in the Sun.

Interesting perspective. I tend to disagree though. I just think she was a stupid, narcissistic, sociopath. Didn't she use her own name when she stole from her grandma? :waitasec: And Cindy? :waitasec: And anyone else she stole from? :waitasec:

I see it more as she thought she would never be held accountable. She never in her life that I have seen, was held accountable for anything, EVER! If caught, she could just lie her way out of it, or as she had done in the past, say "I'm sorry". "Want me to clean your house, to make it up to you?"

Now with her trial approaching, it has to be pissing her off to no end, that she can't talk her way out of this one. :yes:

It's almost comical when one thinks about the journey the defense team has taken over the last 2 years. From JB going along with the Zanny story to hints about RK somehow being involved, then perhaps KC had PPD to innuendo that some sort of accident happening, and the latest is trying to get the two psych docs to testify that KC was possibly suffering from PTSD or having "ugly coping." The problem with each of these strategies never seems to quite cover all of the behaviors of everyone from KC to each A family member. Like a shrunken fitted sheet that now only reaches over 3 corners.

They are reaching and reaching quite deeply into a shrinking magic hat.

I think Baez is going to say that ICA created the nanny in her mind and made herself believe that Caylee was okay....that Caylee was at Sea World, that Caylee was at Universal...etc. etc. ....and that is why she went on as if nothing happened, because she literally believed (in her mind) that Caylee was okay with the nanny.....what else could sum up her actions in the first minute of opening statements?
With that being said, I do not agree that this as an excuse is excusable, I'm just sayin' that this is something the DT might try to use....

Good theory...
In order to present this strategy, does the DT need to have a mental health expert to examine her, diagnose it and testify to this?

I honestly do not for a minute believe that the DT has a strategy yet. At least not one that will or has stuck. The SODDI will not work. If they are truly aiming at GA, or any one else in the Family it will not work. And as far as her friends or exe's go that it just as bad a shot as many or most of them loved and adored little Caylee more than ICA. As far as any type of accident story from ICA herself, the mere thought of it is laughable! Can you imagine what any of the juror's would think after seeing all of the videos, audio interviews and pictures?! Good grief it will not fly.

Maybe they are going in and just going to attempt to shoot down the evidence one by one. So far I have not seen an indication of anything cohesive strategically.

I honestly do not for a minute believe that the DT has a strategy yet. At least not one that will or has stuck. The SODDI will not work. If they are truly aiming at GA, or any one else in the Family it will not work. And as far as her friends or exe's go that it just as bad a shot as many or most of them loved and adored little Caylee more than ICA. As far as any type of accident story from ICA herself, the mere thought of it is laughable! Can you imagine what any of the juror's would think after seeing all of the videos, audio interviews and pictures?! Good grief it will not fly.

Maybe they are going in and just going to attempt to shoot down the evidence one by one. So far I have not seen an indication of anything cohesive strategically.

So agree with you! :rocker:

The Defense has a mess on their hands - too little work too late! Baez was so hoping the mental health experts were going to be able to slide into the guilt phase to create some doubt, but that sure fell by the wayside in a hurry.

Now they have nothing but a guilty defendant on their hands who cannot in the slightest sense be seen as "likeable" by jurors, and a number of blind exits they have used up. Nothing, nada, no place to hide.

I thinnk he is going to open up with sexual abuse. e.g. This is a story of a tragedy that happened and one that also started some fifteen years ago with the sexual abuse of this defendant by her father - ongoing and daily.

At that point, we should be watching George biting through his cheek with the word "unbelievable" trying to get out of his mouth.

It is all they have and they pretty much said so in last night's show. They certainly did not deny it.

So agree with you! :rocker:

The Defense has a mess on their hands - too little work too late! Baez was so hoping the mental health experts were going to be able to slide into the guilt phase to create some doubt, but that sure fell by the wayside in a hurry.

Now they have nothing but a guilty defendant on their hands who cannot in the slightest sense be seen as "likeable" by jurors, and a number of blind exits they have used up. Nothing, nada, no place to hide.

I do not for one mili second believe that CM or JB actually believed their little mental health experts trick was going to work. I think that the number one problem for them is the client herself, none other than ICA! IMHO she is most likely making things very, very difficult for them. If not impossible. It seems that they are in a real quandry as far as this trial goes and how on earth they will present this case. One big fat disaster headed straight for them. Yes they may be thinking of throwing GA under the bus but all it will accomplish is the reverse imo. That bus is heahed straight for them. It should be real interesting to hear JB make us all "Get It" within for first 30 seconds of his opening arguments. It is almost laughable.

I thinnk he is going to open up with sexual abuse. e.g. This is a story of a tragedy that happened and one that also started some fifteen years ago with the sexual abuse of this defendant by her father - ongoing and daily.

At that point, we should be watching George biting through his cheek with the word "unbelievable" trying to get out of his mouth.

It is all they have and they pretty much said so in last night's show. They certainly did not deny it.

Yes I agree 100%. I saw it too. It is so utterly disgusting. All the SA's got to do is present ICA's little jail videos where she manipulates and proclaims how her father is the "one person" she is so close to yadda yadda and that will bury that theory/story in a heart beat. They will look like fools for doing it imo.

But he can't do that with nothing to substantiate it - this is the trial, not the media. He has to be able to back it up to show this influenced ICA's decision to kill Caylee or has any bearing on it at all.

He needs proof - not hearsay - George would have to admit it in detail - and I just do not see that happening. And some expert would need to say yes, this level of abuse can cause a psyche break, blah blah. And then there would be cross, which would fail miserably - at least from my perspective.

I just don't see the Anthony family being major players in this trial - at all. Obviously they are a troubled family but this is a murder trial - it's about evidence.

Yes I agree 100%. I saw it too. It is so utterly disgusting. All the SA's got to do is present ICA's little jail videos where she manipulates and proclaims how her father is the "one person" she is so close to yadda yadda and that will bury that theory/story in a heart beat. They will look like fools for doing it imo.

If they do this in the guilt phase, then bingo - they are admitting ICA killed Caylee - and that's all they need for a guilty verdict. They may attempt to fly it in the penalty phase, but she will already have been found guilty.

But he can't do that with nothing to substantiate it - this is the trial, not the media. He has to be able to back it up to show this influenced ICA's decision to kill Caylee or has any bearing on it at all.

He needs proof - not hearsay - George would have to admit it in detail - and I just do not see that happening. And some expert would need to say yes, this level of abuse can cause a psyche break, blah blah. And then there would be cross, which would fail miserably - at least from my perspective.

I just don't see the Anthony family being major players in this trial - at all. Obviously they are a troubled family but this is a murder trial - it's about evidence.

Why would George have to admit it? Baez said on last week's hearing that they have a psychologist who will talk about an experience happening years ago - (but he is not going to put him in).

But again why would George have to admit it?

Why would George have to admit it?

To have one juror find any credibility to "the story" - and why introduce sexual abuse in opening statements when you claim your client did not kill her child?
What does possible sexual abuse have to do with innocence in a murder trial. This trial is not about family ties, it is about the murder of Caylee. The guilt phase is about "How" the penalty phase is about "Why".

How could sexual abuse be introduced that went on and on and have anything to do with ICA's guilt or innocence of murder? George has not been charged as a co-conspirator in this murder trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr