17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but in this case even the legal experts can't seem to agree.

And most of these TH's are former prosecutors, LE, FBI, defense attorneys. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they can't agree, lol, maybe they are all a bit biased based on how they see these cases, either from a prosecution or defense standpoint.

JMHO

Yeah, that's a good point. I totally can see that.

IMO this case is far from "the norm". There are so many things that we don't know and I'm not quite sure anybody knows.

That's why, in my ordinary person mind, I have a hard time thinking 12 jurors, in thier ordinary people minds, will find GZ guilty of 2nd degree murder.

IMO there will be TONS of doubt.

This case is very complex. IMO

Great point. IMO
There are a lot of people who believe that the State of Florida has only brought this case to the courts to appease the 600,000++ people who signed the petition and the many people who believe that SYG is a dangerous law.

I'll wait to see how hard the prosecution works to get a conviction.

Reports say that his insurance business failed by 2005. That is a very short amount of time to be in business (11/10/2004) to 2005, WOW!

What am I missing. I thought he had a license but did not own an insurance company/agency.

Most insurance agents work for other companies under a broker.

I don't see where he had a broker's license.

Wouldn't he need a broker's license to own and operate an agency?

Just how many steps of seperation are there between Corey and the SFD? If one can accuse the SPD of such actions, is outside the realm of possibility Corey is doing it to?

I wasn't speaking about the SPD.

~jmo~

What am I missing. I thought he had a license but did not own an insurance company/agency.

Most insurance agents work for other companies under a broker.

I don't see where he had a broker's license.

Wouldn't he need a broker's license to own and operate an agency?

IDK, the poster found the link which corroborates, to some degree, the story (Reuter's) about GZ opening an insurance office. But it does not say that it was an Allstate satellite office. That's all I can figure.

But, I also read that GZ took the necessary classes required to be an insurance agent. In Virginia, one can be sponsored by an agency and there are no college classes required. However, there are State certification courses and tests that the applicant, for licensing, must complete and pass.

Just how many steps of seperation are there between Corey and the SFD? If one can accuse the SPD of such actions, is outside the realm of possibility Corey is doing it to?

I do not think AC would jeopardize her career to do anything that isn't by the book. The investigator made it quite clear in his testimony at the bond trial that statements made by GZ were not consistent with the evidence. We know the homocide detective at SPD felt GZ was lying because his statements were inconsistent. MOM is the one who called Inspector Gilbreath to the stand and the inspector laid it right on the line why GZ was charged. I know I did not have any problems understanding that there is a problem with GZ's statements regarding what happened. jmo

I do not think AC would jeopardize her career to do anything that isn't by the book. The investigator made it quite clear in his testimony at the bond trial that statements made by GZ were not consistent with the evidence. We know the homocide detective at SPD felt GZ was lying because his statements were inconsistent. MOM is the one who called Inspector Gilbreath to the stand and the inspector laid it right on the line why GZ was charged. I know I did not have any problems understanding that there is a problem with GZ's statements regarding what happened. jmo

But unless they can prove 2nd degree murder I wouldn't think statements (true or false) would convict/aquit.

There has to be evidence right? They can charge him with telling lies to LE (like ICA) but not 2nd degree murder without evidence to back it up.

Just My Opinion

I fear that TM and his family and friends will never get the justice they deserves...from the courts, the media, and so many in the public. It just breaks my heart.

I haven't read anything anywhere about "church friends". Could you possibly supply a link for that? TIA

poor Trayvon :( poor, poor Trayvon...
When he woke up that morning he could have NEVER imagined... sigh. He was with his DAD with his little brother and the day or 2 before (I think it was?) He was surrounded by his his family and church friends. NO ONE could have ever imagined... Sorry.. my emotions took over for a minute.
This was a senseless, senseless crime (IMO.. CRIME) Just wanted to take a minute for the victim and his family....
:sigh: carry on

Right! and at the same time MOM also heard from Gilbreath about the "head" trauma GZ received.

ACory has an impeccable reputation, not so for SPD, which is why they are coming under fire...It appears SPD might need an overhaul...if you 'google' them, you will see...

There are a lot of people who believe that the State of Florida has only brought this case to the courts to appease the 600,000++ people who signed the petition and the many people who believe that SYG is a dangerous law.

I'll wait to see how hard the prosecution works to get a conviction.

Actually Just K, there are 2,269,252 signatures on the petition at Change.org right now. However, I refuse to believe that Angela Corey would risk her career to appease anyone. I feel 100% sure that there is evidence that points to Zimmerman doing exactly what he is charged with.

http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-the-killer-of-our-son-17-year-old-trayvon-martin

~jmo~

IDK, the poster found the link which corroborates, to some degree, the story (Reuter's) about GZ opening an insurance office. But it does not say that it was an Allstate satellite office. That's all I can figure.

But, I also read that GZ took the necessary classes required to be an insurance agent. In Virginia, one can be sponsored by an agency and there are no college classes required. However, there are State certification courses and tests that the applicant, for licensing, must complete and pass.

Ok, so it came from a friend and maybe you don't need a broker in a satellite office. Learn something new everyday:

He grew friendly with Sanford attorney John Donnelly, whom he met through a co-worker.

“George impressed me right off the bat as just a real go-getter,” Donnelly said. “He was working days and taking all these classes at night, passing all the insurance classes, not just for home insurance, but auto insurance and everything. He wanted to open his own office — and he did.”

In 2004, Zimmerman partnered with an African-American friend and opened up an Allstate insurance satellite office, Donnelly said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...e_to_aid_acj8TBRV1K2T3VbQZYo9JK#ixzz1t9qmU15x

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

This article mentions the burglaries 14 months prior to TM shooting, what about more recent accounts...and all are involving 'black' persons...

I believe this personal attack of GZ's property is another reason GZ over reacted as he did, besides the mentality of not wanting another to get away. Is this what fueled the fear in this community? Is this the reason for GZ to take it as far as he did? He targets a lone teen and uses the burglary as an excuse to follow him, not giving up even when told not to follow..Is his personal stolen property his vigilante reason to over react to TM?

This gives me more cause for concern, that the mentality developed in GZ is due to the personal stolen property on his porch...and the paranoia growing to an hysterical level of fear that those who live there are very suspicious of those who they deem do not belong...GZ can't possibly know every resident who rents or owns there...

BBM

Another reason why he didn't retreat when told to...LE doesn't respond quick enough and the alleged burglary fled the scene...well, not this time...GZ was determined to not let another one flee the scene...even tho' TM didn't do anthing for him to suspect him of doing anything nefarious, TM just walking alone was enough to push his paranoia to the point it did... it's in his mentality, one he created for himself out of his own personal property being stolen...

Well, he will now have to defend that for the murder of TM...it's his mentality that gets in the way of thinking clearly, is my belief..he's a loose cannon and if this didn't happen to TM, it would have happened to someone elses child..I believe his propensity for violence, his boundry and impulse control issues will be front and center....:maddening:

Great post.

Petty crime is everywhere. Posters have discussed things that have happened in their own neighborhoods, I've had my GPS stolen out of my car twice while it was sitting right in my driveway, other neighbors have had things stolen out of their open garages and off their porches and decks. I equate that to those burglaries. No one here chases after any kid that they don't recognize with the assumption that because they don't recognize them, they must be up to no good.

So many excuses for why it's ok that GZ did what he did, FT even needed to embellish facts, to make it appear that what GZ did was perfectly acceptable. They need to embellish that a stolen bike is somehow on the same level as an armed robbery.

And they don't know that they were all committed by black kids as MR Taaffe likes to claim on every show he can.

None of it makes it ok or acceptable. He may get off it in the end, due to their laws, but it still doesn't make what he did ok. I'll never cheer that just because their screwy laws helped get him off, it makes it all ok, because had he just stayed in his car, Trayvon would be alive and on his way to fulfilling whatever dreams he may have had. He deserved to live out his life just the same as anyone else.

JMHO

I'm more concerned over the fact that someone is saying GZ was told by LE to get a gun to shoot a dog that was in his yard when GZ was living in a community of row homes where children reside, play in the street and walk down the sidewalks. If this is true that a police officer would give that advice instead of telling him to formally complain to the HOA to have the dog removed is unbelievable. jmo

I think AC has already put her career out there by charging a 12 year old as an adult.

BBM

I agree, but in this case even the legal experts can't seem to agree.

And most of these TH's are former prosecutors, LE, FBI, defense attorneys. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they can't agree, lol, maybe they are all a bit biased based on how they see these cases, either from a prosecution or defense standpoint.

JMHO

Those TH's do not have the evidence the SP has to decide this case. I believe the SP team had the autopsy report at their disposal besides talking to the last person TM spoke with on the phone, SPD never did...they made a decision to not charge, even as the homicide detective asked for a manslaughter charge. They dismissed it before they truly looked at all the evidence, or dismissed it without looking for futher evidence..I believe SPD dropped the ball, especially with not testing GZ for alcohol, which could have fueled his aggressive attitude towards a lone teen talking on his phone..I blame GZ for the position he's in today...it's all his own fault, he should have allowed LE to handle this, but his determination of not letting another get away, got in his own way of freedom...

Reports say that his insurance business failed by 2005. That is a very short amount of time to be in business (11/10/2004) to 2005, WOW!

--he then apparently got into the mortgage business, and made big $$$'s.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/u...ple/T/Tavernise, Sabrina?ref=sabrinatavernise

After graduating from high school in 2001, Mr. Zimmerman moved to Florida, into a home that his parents had just bought for their retirement in Lake Mary, near Sanford. He began working as an insurance agent with an uncle, but he became a mortgage broker when the real estate market started booming. According to his father, he was making at least $10,000 a month by his early 20s.

Actually Just K, there are 2,269,252 signatures on the petition at Change.org right now. However, I refuse to believe that Angela Corey would risk her career to appease anyone. I feel 100% sure that there is evidence that points to Zimmerman doing exactly what he is charged with.

http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-the-killer-of-our-son-17-year-old-trayvon-martin

~jmo~

Many people would of said the same thing (about not wanting to risk a career) about Mike Nifong before Duke Lacrosse turned out how it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong