CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if this was the kind of test they were giving ...

Two companies plan to market the first lie-detecting devices that use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and say the new tests can spot liars with 90% accuracy.

polygraph and harm to fetus - Google Search

Checked on pregnancy and MRIs too.

http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/safety/index.cfm?pg=sfty_mr
Pregnancy and MRI

If you are pregnant or suspect you are pregnant, you should inform the MRI technologist and/or radiologist during the screening procedure. In general, there is no known risk of using MRI in pregnant patients. However, MRI is reserved for use in pregnant patients only to address very important problems or suspected abnormalities. In any case, MRI is safer for the fetus than imaging with x-rays.

Just wonder if she's not afraid of failing the polygraph. And they are not proof of guilt or innocence ...

IIRC, a neighbor hasn't seen since Aug 6th?

I did catch that, thanks! So, have we heard anyone that saw him after that? Or maybe family that talked to him on the phone?

Or maybe he actually went missing early morning or at night

This is along the lines I was thinking. If Hissani really was last wearing a sweatsuit, I'd say either he was last seen at night or during a cooler time of the year . . . .

I did catch that, thanks! So, have we heard anyone that saw him after that? Or maybe family that talked to him on the phone?

This is along the lines I was thinking. If Hissani really was last wearing a sweatsuit, I'd say either he was last seen at night or during a cooler time of the year . . . .

Do we know what time the aunt was working till? Could be it was gonna be cooler when they were leaving later?

I am really disturbed that the little sister was taken into protective custody. Does anyone know of any other missing child case when this happened?

Do we know what time the aunt was working till? Could be it was gonna be cooler when they were leaving later?

I believe they were there so the dad could give her the kids and rush off to his class, and that she was finished for the day at 4. Perhaps they were going elsewhere afterwards, though.

I am really disturbed that the little sister was taken into protective custody. Does anyone know of any other missing child case when this happened?

A few pages ago, someone noted this was standard procedure for foster kids until the parents are cleared in the dissappearance, but that this might vary from state to state. Didn't have time to find the post link, but it's back there in the middle, I think.

ETA: Found it - post #89

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hassani Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09.

Do we know for sure that a neighbor said they hadn't seen him since Aug 6? The article I read says that the neighbors had NEVER seen the boy.

Re the sweatsuit: Since Hassani supposedly was with Ross all day on Aug 10, and the neighbors say they have never even seen the boy,and Ross was the last one to see him (per the flaky story), then all we have to go on is Ross' statement that he was wearing a gray sweatsuit when he was supposedly left in the alleyway of the shoe store at app 4:15. Foster mom probably does not know what he was dressed in since I assume she was at work since morning.

Do we know for sure that a neighbor said they hadn't seen him since Aug 6? The article I read says that the neighbors had NEVER seen the boy.

Re the sweatsuit: Since Hassani supposedly was with Ross all day on Aug 10, and the neighbors say they have never even seen the boy,and Ross was the last one to see him (per the flaky story), then all we have to go on is Ross' statement that he was wearing a gray sweatsuit when he was supposedly left in the alleyway of the shoe store at app 4:15. Foster mom probably does not know what he was dressed in since I assume she was at work since morning.

It wasn't the neighbour, it was one of the shoe store employees IIRC.

Possibly because they were planning to adopt. I would imagine home visits would have been done regularly before adoption could be finalized. One child in the home waiting to be adopted disappears...can't blame them for taking the other at least until the investigation is finished.

ETA: been answered...boy am I slooooooow.

It bothers me, too. I've never heard of this happening, although, it may be sop for foster kids. Typically, DCF must feel a child is in imminent danger to take them away . . . .

IIRC, a neighbor hasn't seen since Aug 6th?

Suzi, that statement alone (after reading about so many missing children) made my heart drop into my stomach. Poor baby boy.

ETA: Thanks to everyone that went out of their way to show me LDT's and pregnacy facts, I appreciate it.

"At that point in time, um, I put (undecipherable) in the crib and she was placed in the store"

Store owner John Riker said he was surprised to learn that Campbell ever had her foster children with her at work.

"Jen's six months pregnant, She has an 18-month-old and a handicapped son," said Riker. "This is not a day care center; it's a shoe store."

However, Riker said he didn’t have a problem with Campbell having the children at the store on rare occasions

In Ross's statement to LE, he said he put the baby in the crib in the store. If there was a crib in the store for the baby, it would mean the children being there was quite commom. But the owner seemed surprised to hear about this. I'm sure the store owner would've noticed a crib. He didn't seem too keen on the idea of them there so would the mom take any chances? Or wouldn't she check with him first to see if he minded?

What I'm getting at . . . . maybe whatever happened did happen a few days, weeks prior. They were just waiting for the perfect scenario. To claim Hassani went missing from home might seem too suspicious, so, voila! A more public and plausible story.

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/blogs/missing_boy_case_is_strange/Content?oid=1175016

Missing Boy Case Is Strange

The case of the disabled Fremont boy who allegedly went missing in Oakland's tony Rockridge district has been strange from the start. And it appears authorities, including the FBI, have been justified in questioning the version of events put forth by the child's foster father, including searching the family home in Fremont, despite his claim that the kid went missing 30 miles away.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=THURSDAY-MIDDAY-NEWS-ROUNDUP-12-02

Authorities are continuing to investigate the disappearance of a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who was last seen in Oakland on Monday afternoon.

Oakland attorney John Burris said today that he was contacted earlier this week by Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, the foster parents of Hassani Campbell, because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=MISSING-BOY-11-57

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

In Ross's statement to LE, he said he put the baby in the crib in the store. If there was a crib in the store for the baby, it would mean the children being there was quite commom. But the owner seemed surprised to hear about this. I'm sure the store owner would've noticed a crib. He didn't seem too keen on the idea of them there so would the mom take any chances? Or wouldn't she check with him first to see if he minded?

What I'm getting at . . . . maybe whatever happened did happen a few days, weeks prior. They were just waiting for the perfect scenario. To claim Hassani went missing from home might seem too suspicious, so, voila! A more public and plausible story.

Thanks for this post, cuz I wanted to post something similar earlier. I was curious about the crib part earlier and also that he said they left her in the crib and went to look for him, so did they leave her alone in the store?

Though, he also did mention a stroller and not wanting to go in the front of the store with a stroller and 2 kids cuz it was her workplace, so maybe he meant to say stroller?

BTW - what shoe store doesn't often have 2 kids, a Dad and a stroller enter it through the front door?:confused:

So, maybe she wasn't done work, afterall. I assumed she was done work at 4-ish and was going to take the kids home while the dad went to class...

I bring my baby to work with me when I can, but I'm not in customer service, and I mostly do my work at home anyway (just take him to my office hours for students and to meetings). Who would risk having to watch two (possibly soon three) children while trying to serve in a store, unless they owned the place and had employees there? Must not be a very busy store.

Thanks for this post, cuz I wanted to post something similar earlier. I was curious about the crib part earlier and also that he said they left her in the crib and went to look for him, so did they leave her alone in the store?

Though, he also did mention a stroller and not wanting to go in the front of the store with a stroller and 2 kids cuz it was her workplace, so maybe he meant to say stroller?

BTW - what shoe store doesn't often have 2 kids, a Dad and a stroller enter it through the front door?:confused:

BBM

One that the owner of which doesn't know his store is being used this way, I reckon...

We have three seperate neighbors saying they'd never seen Hassani. So reminds me of the Aarone Thompson case! Also, remember the Adam Hermann case not too long ago? Authorities found out he'd gone missing 10 years ago when he was 11, but his foster parents never reported it and kept collecting the money.

Was family suddenly pressuring them to see Hassani? Were questions being asked so they had to figure out a story?

We have three seperate neighbors saying they'd never seen Hassani. So reminds me of the Aarone Thompson case! Also, remember the Adam Hermann case not too long ago? Authorities found out he'd gone missing 10 years ago when he was 11, but his foster parents never reported it and kept collecting the money.

Was family suddenly pressuring them to see Hassani? Were questions being asked so they had to figure out a story?

I hate to say it, but perhaps they wanted to keep the payments coming as long as possible, but figured they had to do something before they were caught.

(Totally just random supposition on my part, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77