CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was alive when she was placed in the car, and that was what the yelling/screams was from with her probably seriously hurt from all the blood. As for the bedding, its possible it was put on her as he ushered her out of the house. I sure hope we get more details soon and this perp is brought to justice[/QUOTE]

My understanding is LE has said they are quite sure she was killed at home and then put into the car. Also the screaming came from her house before she was murdered again according to LE.

Did anyone else read this?

Dear Posters:

Please remember that WS does not allow direct cut and pastes from social networking sites.

Instead, please provide a link.

If you want, you may also paraphrase (state in your own words) what you read at that link.

Thanks!

Hoppy
mod

My understanding is LE has said they are quite sure she was killed at home and then put into the car. Also the screaming came from her house before she was murdered again according to LE.

Did anyone else read this?

I read it.

police believe a single suspect killed Sonia Varaschin, 42, inside the Orangeville townhouse where she lived alone, and then used her vehicle to transport her body to a remote location.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/fam...west/F228+(The+Province+-+News)#ixzz10PTqnjyM

These women are claiming they saw Sonia's car parked at their work parking lot.

According to a posting on FB this is a different location than we were lead to believe. The workplace is Greenhawk Harness and equestrian.

From newspaper article: They allege they were fired because Greenhawk Harness & Equestrian Supplies feared negative publicity would result if its name was linked to Varaschin’s murder, which could hurt sales.

Is this a different location to what has been previously thought is my question? Someone good with the mapping needs to get this on for us all.

[/B][/I][/I]

According to a posting on FB this is a different location than we were lead to believe. The workplace is Greenhawk Harness and equestrian.

From newspaper article: They allege they were fired because Greenhawk Harness & Equestrian Supplies feared negative publicity would result if its name was linked to Varaschin’s murder, which could hurt sales.

Is this a different location to what has been previously thought is my question? Someone good with the mapping needs to get this on for us all.

[/B][/I][/I]

No, that's the place where her car was found, behind Greenhawk Equestrian Supplies. We were able to figure that out using the photos that were released in the media. There are several photos of her car posted on this thread. I can't believe that this happened to those women? WTH???? I need to reread this article, unbelievable.

Here is the Toronto Star interview and I think it's very suspicious that they were fired but that's only my opinion!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...-for-helping-with-a-murder-investigation?bn=1

While I have to agree that the timing was insensitive, there is a lot of "restructuring" going on in the work place. This is a family owned business and it's likely that the decision to cut a couple of positions was made before this happened. But IMO it doesn't look good on the company for doing this the same week as the commotion around the business regarding the car was going on.

I don't believe for a minute that they were dismissed for the reason that they are claiming in the lawsuit. I guess it will all sort itself out in court.

The one thing I did find interesting in the article is that another employee actually saw the vehicle before these ladies did around 10am. Considering that the business opens at 9am, can we assume from this that the first time the vehicle was seen was sometime before 9am? I wonder what time the first employee actually saw it? He/She likely didn't know what to make of it and mentioned it to these other two ladies who headed out there to check it out and then decided to call it in. Of course none of them had any idea of the significance at the time.

MOO

[/B][/I][/I]

That's my question as well WTH if it was Greenhawk why did LE say the Town Hall?

That's my question as well WTH if it was Greenhawk why did LE say the Town Hall?

I believe it was only ever reported that the vehicle was found in an alleyway or laneway near the town hall. LE doesn't usually give specific details about where evidence was found in a case for obvious reasons. I don't believe Greenhawk was ever mentioned in any news reports. I think it was sleuthers here and on other sites who recognized the Greenhawk building based on the photos of the car.

There was no negative publicity for Greenhawk because they were never mentioned in any articles regarding this case until today in the Star article.

MOO

I believe it was only ever reported that the vehicle was found in an alleyway or laneway near the town hall. LE doesn't usually give specific details about where evidence was found in a case for obvious reasons. I don't believe Greenhawk was ever mentioned in any news reports. I think it was sleuthers here and on other sites who recognized the Greenhawk building based on the photos of the car.

There was no negative publicity for Greenhawk because they were never mentioned in any articles regarding this case until today in the Star article.

MOO

Here is the link to the National Post article that says the car was found behind the Town Hall. I beleive I read it a couple of other places as well.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/blog..../gruesome-finds-in-cases-of-two-missing-women

I think these women are trying to make some easy money by exploiting the situation. I don't believe that Greenhawk fired them because they reported the car to police. Greenhawk obviously has a business to run and needed to trim their staff. Perhaps the timing wasn't the greatest but that is business. I work as a manager and I'm sure these women won't have a leg to stand on in court.

I just realized that Sonia's younger brother was named after her older brother who died. This family has certainly had a great deal of sorrow.

Pat, one of the sisters of the two women sueing Greenhawk has stated that her sister and colleague said the police gave out the wrong location of the car it was indeed infront of the business. The car was not in the condition it was revealed to the public. The first person who saw the car is still employed whereas they are not.

Go to the discussion section on FB if link does not work.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=150855371605879&topic=197

Pat, one of the sisters of the two women sueing Greenhawk has stated that her sister and colleague said the police gave out the wrong location of the car it was indeed infront of the business. The car was not in the condition it was revealed to the public. The first person who saw the car is still employed whereas they are not.

Go to the discussion section on FB if link does not work.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=150855371605879&topic=197

Not sure why she is broadcasting this info when she states herself that the 2 women and herself were told by LE not to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23