Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca Nalepa’s Knots May Solve Case
LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – Rebecca Nalepa was found with her hands and legs bound. Those knots may now solve her case, investigators told news today. Rebecca Nalepa (photos below) aka Rebecca Zahau was found with her arms still bound behind her back in one knot, and her feet bound with another knot. She was not hanging in a noose when she was found, even thought that is how Adam Shacknai (photo below) reportedly found her. As detailed on Sunday, most readers contend it would have been physically impossible for Rebecca Nalepa to get into a hanging state unless she utilized certain types of knots. Today, local investigators confirm much the same in a statement to news.
Disturbingly, there are many suicide manual sites on the internet. It took me only a few seconds to find one site with precise instructions on how to tie slip knot noose for a short drop suicide hanging. RN could have read these sites. :( (I am intentionally not posting the reference link.)

Just today (don't remember where), I read a brief one-liner that investigators' focus was on the "knot". It seems we're getting more out of LA news, now that the local news is no longer camped in front of the mansion. I notice a lot of the AP news comes from LA.

I've read knot info for awhile, now...not sure if it came from police, but it has been out there. Maybe a retired detective, iirc...?

There was this 2 days ago from Radaronline:

“The investigation is still ongoing. Rebecca's toxicology report, and autopsy result are still pending. Cops are also looking very closely at the knots that were used in the chords that Rebecca was bound with,” another law enforcement source says.

Notice? "Chords"? ;)

Link to a pharma discussion forum on the deaths...interesting, imo...

[ame="http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=470815"]Death at Shacknai's house....where was he?? - Cafepharma Message Boards[/ame]

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-27-mansion-woman-hang_n.htm

Woman's hanging investigated in Coronado, Calif.
--snipped--

Investigators with the San Diego Sheriff's Department, who are probing the suspicious death in Coronado this month, await toxicology results from Zahau's autopsy.

Sgt. Roy Frank of the department's homicide unit said, "We're still weeks out" from concluding whether Zahau committed suicide or was murdered.

Frank said his department has spoken with Zahau's family and has had 15 investigators working the case, along with additional forensic technicians and investigators from the California Department of Justice. He said the probe "is progressing well."

"It's real important to let that evidence come out first before we pass any judgment," Frank said.

Zahau's family has set up a charity fund in her memory for the benefit of orphans in her native country, at www.burma-orphans.com.

The statement by police really tells me so far they just aren't seeing a homicide. Homicide would have the earmarkings at the scene, imo. It would not be consistent with a suicide. They would already know if it was possible for her to do this or not.

It sounds like they do think this is a suicide but want to wait until the full autopsy results are in. In the end they may think she was highly intoxicated at the time and may have done this compulsively without any planning.

IMO

Disturbingly, there are many suicide manual sites on the internet. It took me only a few seconds to find one site with precise instructions on how to tie slip knot noose for a short drop suicide hanging. RN could have read these sites. :( (I am intentionally not posting the reference link.)

On the one hand, for the suicide scenario to be plausible, in any fashion, imo, I must believe she was distraught...extremely distraught. Now, would it be SO important to this distraught, suicidal woman that her hands and feet be bound? That she have a seat and research HOW TO? I have a hard time swallowing that one, bud...but, maybe, its just me.

Honestly, I feel it's completely irrelevant...cause I THINK she will have many signs of struggle and wounds on her body...that were not self-inflicted. And, imo, the same person tied the knots.

From the article posted upthread and linked below:

Rebecca Nalepa (photos below) aka Rebecca Zahau was found with her arms still bound behind her back in one knot, and her feet bound with another knot. She was not hanging in a noose when she was found, even thought that is how Adam Shacknai (photo below) reportedly found her.

Have we seen mention of this before?

Rebecca Nalepa’s Knots May Solve Case

But WHO would she be having these sex games with? I really doubt Max's dad was into intense sex that night, after spending the day watching his son, clinically dead, laying connected to tubes in intensive care. I really don't think he would be there having wild sex that night. imoo

The article references another Asian female (Tom's comments).

imo, Does.Not.Compute, for more than one reason

Just had a wicked thought:

IF DS did this:

A jilted woman could hold two people responsible, the husband and the mistress, for the break-up of her marriage and family.

The jilted woman could also hold two people responsible for the untimely death of her child: the mistress (now girlfriend) who was caretaker at the time and the now ex-husband who brought the new girlfriend into all of their lives.

As elementary previously posted and which gave me immediate shivers:

Originally Posted by elementry
Perhaps notably, the spot at which this hanging was staged, at the end of the side wing, would be an ideal spot to be viewed from the master bedroom window. Either for JS to discover in horror; or for someone to witness an execution?

The jilted woman and mother of a now clinically dead child could have exacted revenge by the murder of RN and the pain slammed on the ex-husband by the discovery of the public, naked, humiliating, hanging display which was intended for him to have found.

Double-whammy!

From Tom, an accountant:
"I don’t have a clue what happened in this case, but I’m guessing they were playing a [sex] game and it got out of hand."

Mmmm I don't think any one of us here at WS has posted this theory! And I thought we had every theory covered!!!

Seems to be rather extreme for a sex game. Hands and feet bound and hanging from the balcony? How can someone possibly survive in such a game?

I thought the same. And, wondered if a computer, IPhone or other media device, was among the evidence taken. Searching 27 rooms, a small gadget could be missed.

My impression of this persons full statement is that he was implying that JS was working out alone two days after RN was found (Wed) - that would make it Fri and two days before MS' official death (Sun).

If so, someone may have seen whether or not he had any scratches, cuts, bruises on his hands, arms, face, etc.

I just wondered if the initial purpose was to get Rebecca's belongings.

Also, Max's sister posted R.I.P on FRIDAY.
As far as I'm concerned, that is the day he "died." I don't know if that is the day they donated his organs, or if that was Sunday... but his teenage sister knew Friday that her little brother was dead.
I think it is likely that Friday is when they knew he was dead and gave the doctor's the okay to donate the organs. Then it took till Sunday to coordinate the surgeries for the 3 patients who needed those organs.

If you have just made the decision to donate your little boy's organs... your girlfriend is now dead... and your other kids are states away... and you are a fitness fanatic?? I can see going to the gym as being an "escape" if you are capable of moving enough to get there.

Work out anger... frustration... anything.

Some people drink... some people smoke... some people self injure... some people are healthier and they work out.

was found with her arms still bound behind her back in one knot, and her feet bound with another knot. She was not hanging in a noose when she was found, even thought that is how Adam Shacknai (photo below) reportedly found her.

I also read her arms were NOT bound after he cut her down at another news site. I don't know how credible these reports are, as they differ from the initial reports.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Children or not, I would never want anyone to experience what I did interviewing with JS or regretfully working for this disgraceful company - ask anyone in the Phoenix area, especially local Psychiatrists who treat people from MRX, what they here from women here . . . All directed from JS. Amazing what money can do - Fool!

Gossip? Yes, but repeated by 3 different posters...

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=470815&page=2

As far as I'm concerned, that is the day he "died." I don't know if that is the day they donated his organs, or if that was Sunday... but his teenage sister knew Friday that her little brother was dead.
I think it is likely that Friday is when they knew he was dead and gave the doctor's the okay to donate the organs. Then it took till Sunday to coordinate the surgeries for the 3 patients who needed those organs.

If you have just made the decision to donate your little boy's organs... your girlfriend is now dead... and your other kids are states away... and you are a fitness fanatic?? I can see going to the gym as being an "escape" if you are capable of moving enough to get there.

Some people drink... some people smoke... some people self injure... some people are healthier and they work out.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your original post. :seeya:

Just had a wicked thought:

IF DS did this:

A jilted woman could hold two people responsible, the husband and the mistress, for the break-up of her marriage and family.

The jilted woman could also hold two people responsible for the untimely death of her child: the mistress (now girlfriend) who was caretaker at the time and the now ex-husband who brought the new girlfriend into all of their lives.

The jilted woman and mother of a now clinically dead child could have exacted revenge by the murder of RN and the pain slammed on the ex-husband by the discovery of the public, naked, humiliating, hanging display which was intended for him to have found.

Double-whammy!

Not to mention the possibility of framing her ex for the murder.

Connections, a little history...I hope it doesn't bore too many of ya'll ;)

In 1978, Mr. McGreevey entered the night program at Georgetown Law School. He worked during the day at the United States Justice Department, reviewing tax appeals. And, he says, he spent every other waking moment hitting the books.

Jonah Shacknai, a classmate, said Mr. McGreevey always sat in the front row and was always ready with the answers. ''He was probably the equivalent of a computer nerd, but he was always pleasant -- jovial, self-effacing,'' he said.

Mr. Shacknai remembered one nightmarish professor who relished humiliating students but was fond of Mr. McGreevey because ''he was the only one who had the time and patience to master the minutiae of medieval property transfer rights.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/01/n...precation-heart-true.html?pagewanted=3&src=pm

I've read the entire threads, just hoping that RZ's death is not swept under the carpet. In any case my two cents on MsFacetious's comment: I've learned that when it comes to handling these matters, especially involving a crisis like this with LE involved, a normal behavior in a human going through so much, can be pretty much anything. Some handle it better, some don't. Some workout, some can't do anything but stay in a shut up room, some want to be with family, some are even suicidal, some go about their daily lives, some completely change, etc.

With that said, I theorize she was murdered. If it was me, well I would never do that in the first place, but I would like to look my best when found. In Asian culture, she wouldn't have wanted her family to know she did this naked. No, even in Burma they are quite modest. Her family sounds old fashioned, even if she has become modernized since arriving in the US 10 years ago. She wouldn't want to do that to her family. And if she was distressed and actually contemplating this, she would IMO consider what this (in the nude) would do to her family. And I wouldn't go for the orange electrical cord in the garage. That stuff is difficult to work with, even for a strong woman.

IMO I feel like the police are trying to keep this stretched out in the hopes that interest wane and the media stops/drastically decreases its coverage. This is something they want to forget. So I worry that the truth may not come out of the investigation, but I do hope I'm wrong.

For RZ to mention to the doggy daycare guy that her daughter (GS) was hurt, is interesting. Makes me wonder if she was involved in the "accident." Not on purpose, but they may have been playing a game...and she was whisked out of there pretty quickly. Very convenient for a person who knew something was wrong... Anyway I do think the child's accident was purely that--an accident. I don't think RZ would hurt the child in any way and risk losing JS. My top POIs are: JS, DS, AS, or unknown professional hit man.

Okay, sorry for the long comment.

Read this old Art Buchwald piece, it mentions Art's run in with Jonah at a party, years ago...REALLY...it's worth the click, imo. ;)

to finish reading the article, you need to move UP a bit...for those who don't know how, you can move the bluish area on the article, on the far right, to move viewing area...if that made any sense. I tried.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...k0NAAAAIBAJ&dq=jonah shacknai&pg=5050,1753321

Connections, a little history...I hope it doesn't bore too many of ya'll ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/01/n...precation-heart-true.html?pagewanted=3&src=pm

Thanks Paladine, I really enjoy reading all your comments on this case.

As for Georgetown, it's the most pretigious school in the Washington DC area. It's the Who's Who of politics, law, medical school, etc. Georgetown graduates have a particular bond and it can last throughout their lives. They will help one another out, etc. I've seen it personally. So to say he has connections, is an understatement! If he was smart, which I think he would consider himself, he would have already made phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member