Stain in Trunk May Show Outline of Child**REVISIT FOR READING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what is causing the smell if there is no decomp fluid?? So confused......

So what could cause something like this? I mean, short of being soaking wet (from water, or some other substance), it seems impossible to me that the outline of a body would materialize, since it's been noted that it was not caused by any body fluids....unless...the carpet of the car had recently been treated with something.

Chlorine from a POOL?

some sort of crazy chemical acceleration method may have happened with the gasoline
cans and the fumes. i think she had gasoline cans in her car at many different times

kind of like the super glue test ( cyanoacrylate fuming method )

that poor little child...

Quote:
The e-mail was addressed to Erin P. Martin of the FBI, and can be found on page 34 of this document.

But two days later, on Oct. 2, FBI supervisory photographic technologist Richard W. Vorder Bruegge told Cowan the lab would not speculate about what left the image: "Others can draw their own conclusions about that."

The stain Cowan observed was found not to be caused by any biological liquid, such as blood or fluids from decomposition. No DNA was found in the stain

Then I wonder what in God's name caused the image!!
hmmmmSmiley.gif

I have read the comments by Richard Bruegge, but where are you finding in the documents released that there was no DNA in that impression/stain?
All I see is a report from 'Click Orlando' which states that as fact...
Thanks

my concerns about this stain are great. So far, I think RobotDog is on to something. I swear I recall reading that the gasoline amount found in the air sampling was much too large to have been caused by simply an open container. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might have read that? I know it was a previous doc dump, not todays if that helps at all? And AZ Lawyer, I too need more clarification on bodily fluids vs blood evidence. I didnt seem to read that part correctly either I guess. TIA WSers

One possibility for the source of the stain could be condensation between a heavy plastic bag and the truck carpet, which would facilitate the growth of mold, the accumulation of dirt or dust in the pattern of the damp spot. Sorry to be grisly, but imagine a heavy plastic trash bag filled with liquid placed against a carpet for several days of varying hot (day) and cold (night) temperatures.

Mike G on HLN is about to talk about outline in trunk at 4pm CST

see, i maintain the gasoline cans were never meant to be put into the gas tank.

rather, they were dumped in the trunk to get rid of the smell...from the "smell of a damn dead body"

What is the area of carpet felt that is lighter than the other areas?

Wasn't that a photo submitted to show what the inside of a Pontiac Sunfire would look like when the crawlthrough / air matress / sleeping in the car theory was in full swing? I may be drinking Koolaid and having trouble remembering.

That liner that comes off the tire cover in the above picture has obviously been thoroughly cleaned, as evidenced by the surrounding filthy carpet in the non-removable area. jmo

Wasn't that a photo submitted to show what the inside of a Pontiac Sunfire would look like when the crawlthrough / air matress / sleeping in the car theory was in full swing? I may be drinking Koolaid and having trouble remembering.

Might of been...now that you mention it...but I was thinking these came from a previous doc dump.
Maybe it is I who is drinking the Koolaid.

rather, they were dumped in the trunk to get rid of the smell...from the "smell of a damn dead body"

I've always felt the same because Scott Peterson dumped gas and fertilizer on the tarps he used to wrap Lacy when he found out LE was bringing cadaver dogs to the house. I'm sure she thought gasoline would kill the smell as well as destroy decomp evidence.

Did anyone actually see anything in the documents stating that the stain was not caused by bodily fluids? All I've seen is a news report. For example, was the reporter just extrapolating from an FBI report saying the stained liner tested negative for BLOOD? I saw there were numerous FBI reports that various things tested negative for blood. I didn't go over them very carefully, because I didn't expect anything to test positive for blood.

There was a short paragraph stating no DNA in the stain in the FBI report. I was really surprised to see it. I'm looking for it again.

C, as an RN for a home health care agency & G, as a former sheriff's deputy that still kept in contact with associates in LE, sure know how to clean a trunk and eliminate evidence and wash the gray pants.

my concerns about this stain are great. So far, I think RobotDog is on to something. I swear I recall reading that the gasoline amount found in the air sampling was much too large to have been caused by simply an open container. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might have read that? I know it was a previous doc dump, not todays if that helps at all? And AZ Lawyer, I too need more clarification on bodily fluids vs blood evidence. I didnt seem to read that part correctly either I guess. TIA WSers

I don't recall anything about gasoline levels -- only chloroform.

What is the area of carpet felt that is lighter than the other areas?

From the pictures Momtective posted it appears to be the lid to the spare tire cover. jmo

I agree RD wholeheartly! I am going to find that gasoline level air sampling thing I read, if its my undoing! I honestly think that she used the gas to cover the smell of decomp...perhaps she even debated throwing in a match, but decided it would be too noticable. maybe I give her too much credit for being able to think that far in advance...:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth