Stranger Abduction Theories #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have kids at home, but my neighbor has a boy, 16 that is home schooled. He has been for the last 2 yrs. I understand that he has certain guidelines to follow to get his diploma, and the school knows he is home schooled. I think (but not sure) that the program has to coordinate with the school he was last attending, but I may be wrong. In any case, FL is supposed to check up on these kids and what progress they make. I don't know if it is done, or what is required but she has to keep a progress folder and all his test results and grades in case someone would decide to check on him at home. But if the child moves into a trailer park, with a single dad who would question him being home schooled? Maybe no one. I am still sending out flyers, it cost a few cents in stamps and some paper and ink. Makes me feel like I am doing something to help. Nothing is going on with the case, no news of any kind and no one is talking, so maybe a few flyers will help out on the East Coast. Noting is impossible, just some things are more likely than others!

I do think you have some points, Bern, but times have changed so much just in the years since Stephen that I think it is harder to get into a school without records, etc...may be easier to change an identity but I have doubts as to whether would Kyron, if alive, would be in any public place like a school this "soon" after being taken, JMO.

I live in a rural area, where some farm tasks are commonly done by migrant workers. The parents often know that education is the way out for their kids, so they enroll them in whatever school they can for however long they can stay in the area. Those parents are doing the best they can with the resources that are available to them.

The local school (K-8) gets kids who have records from 15+ different schools.

I still think it would be simple to make up a set of homeschooling records, for that matter. I know someone who homeschooled her kids until they were ready for 9th grade. As they reached that age and decided they wanted to go to high school, she would enroll them in the local school. She showed the local school her records of educational levels achieved in various subjects, her kids would go through standardised testing to make sure they were educationally ready for 9th grade and that was it.

I imagine there are significant local variations in how difficult it is to enroll a child in school. Areas without migrant workers and states that discourage homeschooling are probably more likely to scrutinize school records than areas where there is a sizable population of kids moving in and out of school.

I finished the book this morning and I cried at the end. Actully I cried though out the book, as it really tells what the whole family goes though and what Steven endured and the readjustment into his home and school, it was hard for all. But the one school he was in, had a flyer, but it never got put up and no one knew it was him. I just feel like if Kyron is in this situation, it is possible he is in school, and no one realizes it is him. If a stranger would take him, he would have to have a job to support him and Kyron, unless he has unlimited funds and then why do this? If a stranger took him or TH gave him to a underground group or something like that, a person still has to work. Kryon would have to be with someone or be in school. The child is so scared or convinced that they are with this person for a reason, that they comply and don't tell what is going on. After awhile they can be "trusted" to have friends, go to school, be without the kidnapper all the time. Sean Horbeck was also like Steven where he had friends and went out after a period of time. I think it is important to at least consider the idea that Kyron is out there and maybe after 6 months able to be in school and not say a word as to what is going on. I am trying to keep an open mind about this, because I just feel it is a possibility.

I think the kidnapper would be taking a huge risk by having Kyron in school. All it would take would be for one parent or faculty member to watch an episode of NG or read an article in People about Kyron and then realize that Kyron is the new kid at school. Also, whenever someone is new, the teachers always ask them to share a little bit about themselves. The kidnapper would have to get Kyron to memorize and repeat some fraudulent story about himself and can he really trust a 7-year-old to not mess up?

I think the kidnapper would be taking a huge risk by having Kyron in school. All it would take would be for one parent or faculty member to watch an episode of NG or read an article in People about Kyron and then realize that Kyron is the new kid at school. Also, whenever someone is new, the teachers always ask them to share a little bit about themselves. The kidnapper would have to get Kyron to memorize and repeat some fraudulent story about himself and can he really trust a 7-year-old to not mess up?

"I'll kill your parents/ little sister/ dog if you tell the truth" yeah, I can expect a 7 year old not to mess up. Brain washing doesn't really take that long, especially for someone that was being taught to listen to adults.

I finished the book this morning and I cried at the end. Actully I cried though out the book, as it really tells what the whole family goes though and what Steven endured and the readjustment into his home and school, it was hard for all. But the one school he was in, had a flyer, but it never got put up and no one knew it was him. I just feel like if Kyron is in this situation, it is possible he is in school, and no one realizes it is him. If a stranger would take him, he would have to have a job to support him and Kyron, unless he has unlimited funds and then why do this? If a stranger took him or TH gave him to a underground group or something like that, a person still has to work. Kryon would have to be with someone or be in school. The child is so scared or convinced that they are with this person for a reason, that they comply and don't tell what is going on. After awhile they can be "trusted" to have friends, go to school, be without the kidnapper all the time. Sean Horbeck was also like Steven where he had friends and went out after a period of time. I think it is important to at least consider the idea that Kyron is out there and maybe after 6 months able to be in school and not say a word as to what is going on. I am trying to keep an open mind about this, because I just feel it is a possibility.

I heard an interview some years back with a woman who was one of Steven Stayner's friends while he was being held. She said that her impression of the situation was that Steven's family was strict but she never dreamed he'd been abducted or abused.

Of course, she was only ten years old at the time. Still, Steven was allowed to go over to her house on occasion and her parents never saw anything suspicious either.

Other long term abductors have also let their captives interact with the public. For instance, Jaycee Dugard was basically acting as a clerk in Garrido's printing business, had access to email as part of her business duties, used the phone, etc.

I think the key would be for the captor to convince Kyron that the situation was normal, that he was supposed to be there, etc. Seven to eight year olds are still in the developmental stage where they are prone to magical thinking and are not always clear on the difference between reality and fantasy. They don't have enough life experience to know when they're being told something highly unlikely, such as "I was lonely and wanted a little boy to live with me, so your parents decided to give you to me. They want you to be good and to be helpful and to do what I tell you to do."

There was, BTW, a case quite a few years ago where a boy was abducted by a mentally challenged man specifically to help his mother (the abductor's mother) around the house. As in the case of Steven Staynor, that boy was allowed out of the house and to have friends pretty quickly. He just accepted that what these adults told him was the truth.

Back in the beginning when there were sightings of Kyron being reported from all over, I remember not feeling surprised because to me, he had sort of a generic boy look. Whenever I go to the store, I see little boys much like Kyron: short hair, slight build, permanent teeth growing in, etc. Put a pair of rectangular wire rims on them, cut their hair short, put them in a slightly oversized CSI T-shirt and I think they'd look a lot like Kyron.

Just the fact that his teeth were clearly in the process of growing in would change his look fairly quickly. As his teeth finished growing in, his face would look longer because his jaws would be a tiny bit further apart.

Add that to changing his hair and changing the type of glasses he wears and I think he could be unrecognisable to most people.

Yes, there would be some risk involved but if this was in any way a premeditated crime, the perpetrator is clearly not averse to taking risks.

Thanks for the post, I feel this is entirely possible with Kyron's situation. I don't know if we have a thread that would detail TH and time frame so we could reenact how she would have killed him and disposed of the body and be the only one involved. I tried to do this with the maps, the drive to the drugstores, with the baby, meet someone at the next one and chat and show a picture of Kryon all the while I either had him in the trunk or killed him as I drove the car. I just have it in my head for some reason, the whole thing feels so tight, that she may have just arranged to have him taken from the school. If that is the case, what would these people do and how do they do it? Steven's book really made me think more on the lines of a stranger/ arranged kidnapping. I want to know or envision how this would play out and what is the most likely place he would be if this is the case. Would they live in the state, or just far enough out that no one would notice them? Here we have areas, that are so bad, I pray a child doesn't live in one of those trailers. Some day I will take some photos and you will be shocked at how people live, just off the highway, down in the woods, no neighbors near by, in such poverty it it heart wrenching. But think of a child living there, would anyone notice it?

Thanks for the post, I feel this is entirely possible with Kyron's situation. I don't know if we have a thread that would detail TH and time frame so we could reenact how she would have killed him and disposed of the body and be the only one involved. I tried to do this with the maps, the drive to the drugstores, with the baby, meet someone at the next one and chat and show a picture of Kryon all the while I either had him in the trunk or killed him as I drove the car. I just have it in my head for some reason, the whole thing feels so tight, that she may have just arranged to have him taken from the school. If that is the case, what would these people do and how do they do it? Steven's book really made me think more on the lines of a stranger/ arranged kidnapping. I want to know or envision how this would play out and what is the most likely place he would be if this is the case. Would they live in the state, or just far enough out that no one would notice them? Here we have areas, that are so bad, I pray a child doesn't live in one of those trailers. Some day I will take some photos and you will be shocked at how people live, just off the highway, down in the woods, no neighbors near by, in such poverty it it heart wrenching. But think of a child living there, would anyone notice it?

Absolutely, and Kyron could be hidden, just like Jaycee Dugard was for 18 years of her life. Until LE comes forward with something that says Kyron is NOT alive, I will not give up hope and none of us should quit looking. Think of how many people in Phillip & Nancy Garrido's neighborhood, sat at breakfast and looked at a milk carton that had a picture of a missing little girl on it that unknowingly was the same little girl in their neighbor's backyard. It's heartbreaking.

I see little boys ALL THE TIME that I think look like Kyron. I do a double take about once a week. Skinny little 8 year old with glasses, not hard to come by.

But he defnitely has a magic that is all his own.

This “excerpt” (it is not, according to the intro, the entire transcript) of an Oregonian interview with Staton published on July 2nd, is IMO worth a re-read. This hit the MSM between the time Kaine vacated his home and the July 4th article by Maxine Bernstein revealing the alleged MFH. A re-hash of this interview six months later might make for an interesting “new” thread. But, in the meantime, the interview addresses MCSO’s investigation of predators. It’s, mostly, “I can’t comment on that.” However, thought I’d throw it out here for review.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

(beginning of snip)
Jung: "Has there been an effort to look at sexual predators in the area or have you called that off?"

Staton: "Helen, that's kind of a ridiculous question."

Jung: "Why is that a ridiculous question?

Staton: "I think you kind of have an answer to that already in your own mind."

Jung: "OK, well —"

Staton: "Why would any investigator not look at every aspect? When we bring in our investigators, we're bringing in investigators that are child abuse experts, they're homicide experts, they're experts in abduction — they're experts across the board. They start outlining what the plan's going to be and we're going to look here, here, here, here and here, and they gather all of the sources and information."

Jung: "And are they still doing that?"

Staton: "Obviously."

Jung: "In terms of looking at sexual predators right in the area?"

Staton: "That I can't comment on. But what I can say is when we employ investigators in this type of an investigation, not knowing and not having any direction as to what actually happened, you're bringing in experts from every category to start building the plan of what we're going to do and how we're going to do it."

Jung: "Have they interviewed sexual predators in the area?"

Staton: "I can't comment on that."

Jung: "And can you say whether they've ruled them out?"

Staton: "I can't comment on that."

(end snip)

Bern, I lean toward thinking that TH either handed Kyron off, or led someone to him and somehow "looked the other way" while someone did whatever was done. However, I have never completely made up my mind, and still believe it's entirely possible that a SO took him.

Especially considering this: How often do we hear of an arrest in our community of some middle-aged or older person who has abused dozens or hundreds of children over many years or a lifetime--without having been discovered? Then, as soon as news comes out about the victimization that led to the arrest, evidence comes out that there are many other victims.

There could have been an SO at the school that day who was not identitided as a SO ... and still might not be identified as one.

But the reason I want to post right now is to comment on how much I admire your hope, your instinct to take action, and your obvious compassion for Kyron that leads you to extending any feelers you can out to him.

I was very moved by what you wrote about your own childhood experiences, and I think it serves as a reminder to all of us concerned how isolated a child can feel, and how a little one can be overwhelmed with conflicting emotions to the point where the child just needs to trust the adults nearby and go along with instructions. I think we sometimes forget how little and vulnerable and lacking in resources the kids are, when the adults around them are evil, blind, or just plain lax.

Bless you for all of your postings, Bern. Thanks for bringing your own special take to his forum. No question about it, you are a powerful voice for Kyron.

Bern, I lean toward thinking that TH either handed Kyron off, or led someone to him and somehow "looked the other way" while someone did whatever was done. However, I have never completely made up my mind, and still believe it's entirely possible that a SO took him.

Especially considering this: How often do we hear of an arrest in our community of some middle-aged or older person who has abused dozens or hundreds of children over many years or a lifetime--without having been discovered? Then, as soon as news comes out about the victimization that led to the arrest, evidence comes out that there are many other victims.

There could have been an SO at the school that day who was not identitided as a SO ... and still might not be identified as one.

But the reason I want to post right now is to comment on how much I admire your hope, your instinct to take action, and your obvious compassion for Kyron that leads you to extending any feelers you can out to him.

I was very moved by what you wrote about your own childhood experiences, and I think it serves as a reminder to all of us concerned how isolated a child can feel, and how a little one can be overwhelmed with conflicting emotions to the point where the child just needs to trust the adults nearby and go along with instructions. I think we sometimes forget how little and vulnerable and lacking in resources the kids are, when the adults around them are evil, blind, or just plain lax.

Bless you for all of your postings, Bern. Thanks for bringing your own special take to his forum. No question about it, you are a powerful voice for Kyron.

:blushing1:

Your post made me cry, in a good way. If anyone is interested in sending out flyers or getting a copy of a letter to send to schools you can let me know. I only do 3 a week, and I just got the flyer from here, in the stickies I think. I did a letter and each time I just change the school name and address and send it off. I started with NJ because if you know me, I have hunches but they are not always correct, but I wanted to start somewhere.

Send out flyes, do a cover letter and send where you live or where you "feel" he might be. I don't know if we are allowed to start a thread with places we send too, or name the schools in the areas so we don't double up on one place? I think a thread "Hope for Kyron" would be nice and we could list where we are covering. Maybe a sample letter and the flyer would get people interested in covering some ground. Mods if it is okay, please let us know and we can get going.

Back in November the admins of the MKH Facebook page posted a note http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264#!/note.php?note_id=158530150851084 in which they were looking for volunteers to help with a flier campaign to keep Kyron's face and name out there. They were looking to get volunteers from every state. If interested you can get more information through the above link and sign up at the http://bringkyronhome.org by filing out the volunteer form and specifying you want to help with the flier campaign.

I think it would be pretty easy for someone to have Kyron in basically plain sight. Change his hair color and style, replace his wire glasses for plastic and he has a whole different look. Not to mention how much children his age looks change anyway in a matter of months.

It seems to me someone (stranger) who abducts/helps abduct a child from a busy school really wouldn't be worried about being caught with him, especially when searchers have been looking in water and fields and many/most thinking he is deceased after all this time...

Thank you so much for this post and info. I signed up and they will get back to me. Maybe others will do this and we can get him home with his mom and dad.:woohoo:

Back in November the admins of the MKH Facebook page posted a note http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264#!/note.php?note_id=158530150851084 in which they were looking for volunteers to help with a flier campaign to keep Kyron's face and name out there. They were looking to get volunteers from every state. If interested you can get more information through the above link and sign up at the http://bringkyronhome.org by filing out the volunteer form and specifying you want to help with the flier campaign.

I think it would be pretty easy for someone to have Kyron in basically plain sight. Change his hair color and style, replace his wire glasses for plastic and he has a whole different look. Not to mention how much children his age looks change anyway in a matter of months.

It seems to me someone (stranger) who abducts/helps abduct a child from a busy school really wouldn't be worried about being caught with him, especially when searchers have been looking in water and fields and many/most thinking he is deceased after all this time...

I got a set of return labels from March of Dimes on Saturday; they have a big green frog with a flower and bumble bee on them. They also had stickers with the frog and bees, so now when I send out my letters and flyers, they are more about Kyron than before. LOL, what are the chances? So I am doing NJ area for now, will concentrate on another state when this is done. Just wanted to share.

Good Morning,

This is my 2nd post on WS . . . (still new to posting and learning the site). :woohoo:
For the past several months, I have been reading the posts and threads daily on WS looking for any new information on Kyron.

It is soooooooo heartbreaking that Kyron has not been found.:furious:

As to a stranger abducting Kyron . . . I have never believed it was a "stranger abduction."

Do I think it was possible ? Yes -- anything is possible. If a "stranger" did abduct Kyron, had to be someone familiar with the school, etc.

Do I think a stranger abducted Kyron ? NO -- it just does not add up with the evidence -- what very little evidence we know.

I have always believed that TH is the person who did something to this adorable little boy . . . to me, her silence speaks volumes . . .

This is my opinion.

Hope

Good Morning,

This is my 2nd post on WS . . . (still new to posting and learning the site). :woohoo:
For the past several months, I have been reading the posts and threads daily on WS looking for any new information on Kyron.

It is soooooooo heartbreaking that Kyron has not been found.:furious:

As to a stranger abducting Kyron . . . I have never believed it was a "stranger abduction."

Do I think it was possible ? Yes -- anything is possible. If a "stranger" did abduct Kyron, had to be someone familiar with the school, etc.

Do I think a stranger abducted Kyron ? NO -- it just does not add up with the evidence -- what very little evidence we know.

I have always believed that TH is the person who did something to this adorable little boy . . . to me, her silence speaks volumes . . .

This is my opinion.

Hope

If a stranger took Kyron I think his body would have been found. I think TH set this child up for a person to "take" him. Not to kill him but to get rid of him. I have posted before, that the time frame for her to have killed him, disposed of him along with stops at the drugs stores and having a chat with a friend all with a baby doesn't add up. So they think she had help. Help with what? There was no evidence of blood or trauma in her truck or the car. So when did it take place and where? I really feel strongly he is alive and living with another person. Now I don't know who this person is, or if it is a family who wanted a child, or a group (cult) or some underground movement that took him because she claimed he was abused, I just don't know. So I send out flyers. I hate when people say " I told you so", but if one flyer brings him home from any where, I am going to scream it so loud here, with Joy, Joy, Joy......So I don't know if this is considered a stranger abduction, but to Kyron it would be a stranger.

If a stranger took Kyron I think his body would have been found. I think TH set this child up for a person to "take" him. Not to kill him but to get rid of him. I have posted before, that the time frame for her to have killed him, disposed of him along with stops at the drugs stores and having a chat with a friend all with a baby doesn't add up. So they think she had help. Help with what? There was no evidence of blood or trauma in her truck or the car. So when did it take place and where? I really feel strongly he is alive and living with another person. Now I don't know who this person is, or if it is a family who wanted a child, or a group (cult) or some underground movement that took him because she claimed he was abused, I just don't know. So I send out flyers. I hate when people say " I told you so", but if one flyer brings him home from any where, I am going to scream it so loud here, with Joy, Joy, Joy......So I don't know if this is considered a stranger abduction, but to Kyron it would be a stranger.

I agree that if a "stranger" took Kyron that his body would have been found by now. And by "stranger" I mean a "total stranger" -- someone unknown to Kyron and also unknown to the family, TH, the school . . .

A "stranger" can mean someone unknown to Kyron, but known to TH, family, school.

My opinion is that if a "stranger" abducted Kyron, it was someone definitely NOT known to Kyron, but a "stranger" known to TH . . .

:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member