GUILTY NJ - April Kauffman, 47, Linwood, 10 May 2012

Many remember April Kauffman during candlelight vigil

One month after the death of veterans advocate April Kauffman, friends and family gathered to remember her life. The streets of Linwood were packed as they held a candlelight vigil, just one block from the home where she was brutally murdered.

The article quotes April's daughter, Kimberley Peck, but there is no mention of April's husband.

"Because law enforcement is taking the time that it needs to solve what has been, a lot of people believe justice is being denied April, and I am confident that the law enforcement will solve this,” said local radio talk show host, Harry Hurley.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/22727/

ETA: video available at link

It is downright scary to think that this woman (who had a talk show & was prominent in the community) was killed almost a year ago....AND NO Arrests!

What is going on? No tips, no leads, no forensics? :what:

.....lots of rumors flying in the local community where AK lived but no suspects, no killer, no arrests.

Wow!

An article on the husband's hiring of an attorney:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/151650005.html

Within the article is a large picture of the husband outside of the crime scene. I understand the concept of being in "shock"--really I do--but I see no tears or for that matter horror at learning of the death of his wife. Just sayin'. Makes for an odd reaction. JMO

I'm just reading this thread now. Yup, looks like he's making a grocery list in his head.

I don't have a link but I remember reading about the anniversary of AK's death and it seems there were pictures of a ceremony but it showed NO headstone, no tombstone. It's been a year and there's still basically an unmarked grave?

Can this be true, really????

Another NJ resident here!
There is an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer dated May 10th that says that has a photo of her grave with a caption that reads, "April Kauffman's grave in RoAdef Sholom Cemetery in Egg Harbor Township still lacks a gravestone - to her daughter's dismay."

It doesn't say why there is no stone. Does anyone know?

This article was the first I've heard of the case. Was the husband cleared, it doesn't really talk about whether he was/is a suspect.

Welcome circe221! Usually when there is no tombstone it means the estate has not been settled yet. Not sure why here, but if the daughter wants one the husband might be holding it up due to estate (or other) issues.

I don't think anyone has been cleared yet, no poi named either.

The article mentions the pillow over the face also, which I thought was strange...

I hope that the prosecutor can make a case against whoever ended this poor woman's life so that her family can at least have some closure and her grave can be properly marked. I can't imagine what that must be like for her family...

From Eileen's article: Stepdad auctioned off all of April's things including family heirlooms and trying to collect $600,00 on life insurance. Life insurance company still not giving him the money...

Pack says she is speaking out now after being brought in to a civil lawsuit filed by James Kauffman, who has been attempting to collect the $600,000 in life insurance taken out by his former wife. Both Pack and her step-father are beneficiaries.

Kimberly Peck's lawyer D’Arcy said his firm has conducted an investigation into the case and has set up a toll-free hotline, 844-DJD-TIPS, to collect tips about the on-going murder investigation. They have also set up a Facebook page.

Nice picture of April and Kimberly at link.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...hter-My-Step-Father-Killed-Her-241682611.html

Pack had never previously said publicly her stepfather killed her mother, but she did take issue when the doctor auctioned off her mother’s belongings, including those that should have been family heirlooms. Several friends got together and bought some of those items to give to Pack.

Since his wife’s death, James Kauffman has remarried and is no longer living in the Linwood home.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_dd8cd448-844b-11e3-bd72-001a4bcf887a.html

And per the Justice for April Facebook page, he got married August 30, 2013 to his "fiancee of over a year". So that's at least August, 2012.

April was murdered in May, 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/AprilKauffmanUpdates

Yes and he says he did not kill April!

Seems he had the GF long before April died and it also seems he did not want to give her
any of his ASSETS!
Im sure she would have taken him for everything he had!

Murder of popular radio host remains a mystery

http://6abc.com/news/murder-of-popular-radio-host-remains-a-mystery/1974124/?utm_content=buffer0f6e9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wednesday marks the five year anniversary of the murder of April Kauffman at the Jersey Shore.

While there have been no arrests or suspects in the case of the popular radio host and veterans advocate, law enforcement wants it known that the case file has not been closed.

But for Kauffman's daughter Kim Pack, she had hoped to have an arrest by now.

"I miss my mom a lot. Even though I walk around with a smile on my face, there is a big hole in my heart," Pack said.

Over the years, little information about the case was released.

Two weeks ago, Prosecutor Tyner's office filed a motion requesting the DNA of April's husband. The prosecutor's office says Dr. Kauffman's attorney is opposing it.

"We are asking for a sample of his DNA so we can use that as part of our investigation," Tyner said.

Tyner confirms Dr. Kauffman has not been named a suspect.

"And we are not naming him as a suspect at this time," Tyner said.

Dr. Kauffman's attorney, Ed Jacobs, maintains his client's innocence saying, "We have encouraged prosecutors to follow all investigative leads they may have in hope of finding the person responsible for April's death."

Her husband is getting himself in trouble. The FBI is involved; I wonder if it has to do with her case or something else. Any reason for FBI to be involved with April's murder? Seams like it would be just a state/local thing. What else has he been up to?: https://patch.com/new-jersey/gallow...radio-hosts-husband-busted-after-cop-standoff

South Jersey Doctor, Slain Radio Host's Husband, Busted After Cop Standoff
A South Jersey doctor whose wife, a radio host, was killed five years ago was arrested early Tuesday after a standoff with police at his office, authorities said.

Dr. James Kauffman, 69, an endocrinologist in Egg Harbor Township, displayed a Ruger 9mm handgun when the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office, with the assistance of agents from the FBI and local police agencies, executed a search warrant at his office.

Ultimately, a hostage negotiator was successful in getting Kauffman to surrender to authorities. He was taken into custody of the Psychiatric Intervention Program for monitoring and was arrested, according to the ACPO.

The ACPO is considering charging him with unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, possession of hollow point bullets and obstruction of the administration of law.

The ACPO did not say whether the search warrant was connected to the murder of April Kauffman, a local radio host who was shot to death in the Linwood home she shared with her husband in 2012. "We are investigating all leads pertaining to suspected criminal activity," according to a statement form the office.

"As a result, our investigation will continue based upon the information gleaned from today's search and other leads," according to the ACPO. "There will be no further comment regarding this matter until such time that we deem appropriate."

Kauffman's attorney has maintained his client's innocence while April Kauffman's daughter, Kimberly Pack, is in a legal battle with the doctor, her stepfather, according to ABC6. The dispute was sparked by his attempts to claim April Kauffman's two life insurance policies.

... and why the heck does he even own hollow point bullets?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back