2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a Bugs Life.... seriously how old does he think the jury is? Really dumbed down this too much! JMO

Oh give me a break. Diabetics check their glucose before meals and at bedtime. More shenanigans!

Don't hit me. Diabetics can all be different and when their glucose starts to drop their brain starts to get foggy. I'm guessing this expert might need to stay on top of that on the stand. I'm betting this scientist has an insulin pump.

I'm not a chemist ,but lived with a mother with Type 1 diabetes for 50+ years.She took excellent care of herself.

fyi Hamburger has blood, there was none.

should I just start shoving bamboo slivers under my finger nails now or should I go water the garden first?

I have a feeling today is the day that JB really steps in it :fence:

HA! He just said, "I don't know if you have cicadas in Florida"!

Really? Drawing the life cycle of insects. Why not go to a teacher supply store and pick some up. Better than this.

Funny isn't it, that when Dr. Haskell gave his court lecture on the subject, he didn't need to draw everything out, and I got an A in that class anyway. :floorlaugh:

I bet when the jury was seated they didn't realize they'd be playing Pictionary with the defense.

Honestly though, are they really going to look at this when they are back in the jury room deliberating? I bet not.

Baez is assisting the professor with his lecture. Do we get credit for watching?

Interesting that LKB contacted this guy the day Caylee was found. Before she was even identified.

Has anyone ever said what CA is doing? Is she reading something or writing something?

Uggghhh...not the drawing again!

It would be more timesaving to everyone if Baez has his defense experts (and himself) come with prepared exhibits, graphics, Powerpoint presentations for the jury/audience.

Not only is watching someone draw boring, I think that it is archaic and he will lose his audience, especially when they have a "dry" drone, like Tim Huntington. This guy knows his stuff, but the information he presents is not "catchy" with his voice, KWIM??

Just look at what he's drawn....do you think the jury can see or read that??:maddening:

Jeff Ashton has moved to the right of the jury. You prob can't see him on tv. He is right next to a deputy so he can watch Huntington.

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:28 AM

Multiple colors. Nice.

Now kids, draw a line from 1 to 2 and so on until you get a picture.

What a waste...a huge waste. Here we go with the handy dandy easel and wrinkled paper. Looks like today is going to be a repeat of yesterday. SURPRISE, SURPISE ! I loved the way HHJP asked JB how long he was planning on keeping the expert witness on the stand ( JB had asked for more frequent breaks because this witness has diabetes and needs to check blood sugar ).
:maddening:

It really perplexes me that the DT's witnesses seem to be giving college lectures. The way in which they present their information doesn't seem to fit the courtroom.

Not to be disrespectful, but the way LDB and JG are reacting is like bored students in a lecture hall, watching the clock.

trinalgrant‎ RT @JonFranchino: @VinniePolitan #CaseyAnthony
"Coming up: Eight more hours of boring condescension, subterfuge & down-right malarkey courtesy of the defense!"
Twitter - 4 minutes ago
‎
MiddleAgedJock‎ RT @Britchick13: #caseyanthony
"this guy is putting me in a diabetic coma and I'm not even diabetic"
Twitter - 4 minutes ago

Is this normal in trials? It's like 1st grade. I am out today...going shopping. Not everyone is a dummy, Mr. Baezzz.

I think JB is thinking that the computer published images get put up, and then taken down. His giant pad, however, stays there, facing the jury the entire time the witness is testifying. It's a trick designed to burn the image into the mind of the jury, in hopes that it makes it seem more important.

A public speaking course I took, always said to leave the overheads/pictures up as long as possible, and, if possible use regular whiteboard drawings so that the information stays in the forefront of the presentation the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard