Does TH's FB give us any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
We're going to open up discussion on TH's Facebook. Her FB is private and WS rules are that when a social network page is private - IT IS PRIVATE.

What we can do now is discuss TH's Facebook if it is mentioned in the main stream media. Here's a list of sources you may draw from using links:

Main stream media, including Willamette Week

Television

The Levi Page Show

ETA: Links to comments made by our members during the time the FB was public

If you know of another source to be considered, contact us privately and we'll look into it for you.

Remember, TH is not a POI and LE has asked us to be kind when posting on the internet. We can discuss suspicious behavior, but we can't bash or accuse anyone of a crime, or anything along that line. No matter what you believe, think of TH as innocent as you post peculiar behavior.

I don't think the facebook thing shows guilt... some people use FB to "talk out loud" I have an enormous amount of "I think I shall eat a sandwich today" or "I just crapped out a turd that looked like Virgin Mary" and all kinds of other "updates" and such..

While I will agree with the majority and say that if it were MY child missing, I wouldn't even have the strength to go online, let alone FB or to the gym... but if it were my step child, or niece/nephew.. I wouldn't quite be as upset.. regardless of whether or not I raised them from birth. Don't get me wrong.. I'd be upset... but I wouldn't feel as if a piece of me were missing.. like I would if it were my own flesh and blood. There's a little less attachment imo.
Not only that, she may have posted about hitting the gym to let friends and family know where she'd be.. if they needed to contact her for anything.. or if maybe they wanted to join her there to offer some support maybe?
I don't know.. I think some people just read into things too much. When you look hard enough... you'll see kitties... IF that's what you're looking for.

Many sources have discussed her comment about going to the gym. I have a friend whose daughter is a body builder. Her daughter got her "hooked" on going to the gym everyday. Even on a weekend trip, she wants a motel with a gym available.

(If anyone wants a link to the "going to the gym" comment, let me know and I'll get it :))

I don't think there is anything wrong with going to the Gym...Great for stress!~ Not what I would of done..
BUT NO WAY Would I of posted it ~there could be some NUT after my family..reading my Facebook..
noone knows at this point who is out there... so why post it?
COULD she have been posting it hoping someone was reading it and would meet her there?

JMO

"Terri Horman's Facebook activity has also been deemed suspicious by a bevy of armchair detectives – people leaving comments online – wondering why she was "hitting the gym" a few days after her stepson disappeared or why she failed to quickly change her profile picture from her biological daughter to Kyron."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/missing-boy-stepmom-terri_n_619494.html

Moderator approved site - go ahead and discuss the pic swap. Was it important?

The only clue, for me, that her FB gives us is, POSSIBLY, her state of mind before and after Kyron went missing and, maybe, her feelings about her children.

Of course everyone reacts differently to stress, but taking these things and adding them to the other things (not speaking out for more than a week, for example) just make you go hmm...

And it's things she DIDN'T do on FB that are questionable, such as not changing her profile pic.

I don't want to get a TO, so I'm not going to be specific, but I do have screen shots of her FB when it was PUBLIC so I can go back and look and tell myself that I wasn't imagining some of the things I was thinking on June 9th about her FB.

Kimster, do you have a link to the actual "hitting the gym" quote with post date and time? That I would love to see.

I agree that Facebook postings aren't reliable accounts of a person's true thoughts and feelings. I will say that if my child, step-child, niece, nephew, cousin's kid, friends kids or any kid that I know went missing, you can bet that minute I heard their picture would be my FB profile pic. Some people don't like FB or don't understand it, but the amount of people that can be reached quickly via FB is tremendous. I am not saying that TH not changing her profile pic makes her look guilty, but if she spent the time to post on her facebook, she most certaintly could have changed her profile pic.

the times and manner of her posts count to me. I have submitted a blog that has a screen capture of her wall but I do not see it approved yet.

Body Building or fitness can be an addiction. Some people don't miss a day going to the gym for anything. Not saying that her behavior is or isn't strange, it's just some people DO NOT MISS A DAY AT THE GYM. I sort of used to panic if I wasn't able to get to the gym at least 5 or 6 days a week. Just saying! However, if my step child were missing - I think I would forgo the gym and focus my energy on leads to finding my step child, but that's just me! Maybe she was going for stress relief?

I'm still looking into other avenues to draw references from with the FB. See what you all can find in the MSM for now.

my husband is an ironman triathlete for the all army triathlon team. He wouldn't miss a ride or a run for the world but if our son was missing that is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT situation and I can bet money that he would not be out on the road running or biking but looking to find his son!!!!!!!

"Terri Horman's Facebook activity has also been deemed suspicious by a bevy of armchair detectives – people leaving comments online – wondering why she was "hitting the gym" a few days after her stepson disappeared or why she failed to quickly change her profile picture from her biological daughter to Kyron."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/missing-boy-stepmom-terri_n_619494.html

Moderator approved site - go ahead and discuss the pic swap. Was it important?

BBM...

It's more of what she DIDN'T post. Missing Info of Kyron. I find that odd. You share you're going to the gym, but not PLEASE help look for our little boy. Check your barns, porches, backyards...

Odd...

Can you just imagine searching for your child's body and finding it? I don't think that's a good idea, what about the forensic evidence? I had a hard enough time searching for someone not related. Yikes! :eek:

BBM...

It's more of what she DIDN'T post. Missing Info of Kyron. I find that odd. You share you're going to the gym, but not PLEASE help look for our little boy. Check your barns, porches, backyards...

Odd...

It was established at the time she wrote that, that the gym was a distribution area for posters, t-shirts etc. Maybe when she wrote that it was to notify others she would be there. We don't know anything for sure. mhoo mho

I don't think there is anything wrong with going to the Gym...Great for stress!
BUT...I would NOT post it...there could be some NUT after my family..
noone knows at this point who is out there... so why post it?
COULD she have been posting it hoping someone was reading it and would meet her there?
JMO

Respectfully bbm - that was my initial thought at the beginning Celt. Because that was the only explanation I could come up with, that made any sense to me, because in my heart, as a grieving mother who has lost a child in tragic circumstances, I just knew there was something wrong with it.

also observation:

body builder/addicted to gym/needs time to work out (SM)

-doesn't have weights or a pullup bar at home?
-goes out in public where media is already hounding her
-refuses to stop and talk to them
-posts to her face book that she is hitting the gym

do I just puke or what? I already did in my mouth a little bit! (more like a lot! and my husband is saying to me from the sidelines of my IMAC... what????)

I want to mention that the times that you see on Facebook is linked to the time on your own computer.

I'm on the east coast. If I post something on facebook right now - 9:35pm - and someone on the west coast reads it - the time will show as 6:35pm.

It was established at the time she wrote that, that the gym was a distribution area for posters, t-shirts etc. Maybe when she wrote that it was to notify others she would be there. We don't know anything for sure. mhoo mho

I think that's great that the gym was passing out flyers...but in a few seconds that info could have been sent out to all her facebook friends/family.

Hitting the Gym....vs...Kyron is MISSING.

Just my opinion!

I think that's great that the gym was passing out flyers...but in a few seconds that info could have been sent out to all her facebook friends/family.

Hitting the Gym....vs...Kyron is MISSING

Just my opinion!

I meant: The gym is/was a distribution center for missing Kyron in the community. How is that.... Gym vs. Kyron? And how does going to the gym to organize distribution materials and use the gym translate into her being a murderer? TIA

What concerns me is that @4:34pm on the 4th Terri was playing "treasure island" on facebook. She received a "Pretty Pirate" reward and she traded in the "Lost Adventuress treasures."
At 3:45 hadn't she just realized Kyron was missing...so what did she go home and play on facebook? I'd be real curious as to exactly what time she arrived at the school...she did go to the school, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie