TX TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

The newly released details are weird. I have not read through this whole thread, but the article shared above says they are "newly discovered" by KHOU.

-A golf club and balls lined up pointing to the body
-Deflated balloons attached to the tree above Cheryl's body
-A $20 bill next to her body

Could be coincidental, but strange stuff indeed...

I think it was established early on that the golf club belonged to Andy. Possibly he and Cheryl were messing about playing, when they were attacked. The balloons sound like it may have been a hangout for people partying, and it would be interesting to talk to people who partied there. The twenty dollar bill sounds like a nasty, sick, calculated insult and I don't believe for one minute Andy was not intended to be killed. He was tied up then his throat was cut so deeply he was almost decapitated. There is no clearer intention of murder than that.

The 'coincidence' of the woman raped once working for Andy's dad shouldn't be considered a coincidence at all, imo. I think it's a clue. I wonder if Andy's Dad recalls anyone who was a regular at his club, who worked as a security guard/janitor or something? About the same age as Andy. I doubt the suspect could have worked directly for Andy's father, as he'd have recognized the sketch.

But maybe a delivery driver?

This case is soooooo disturbing! :(
(As so many of them are...)

Absolutely. These were really confident, controlled crimes. The killer may not have a high IQ but he definitely has cunning. Whoever did it is still out there too, and it really doesn't seem likely it was the first - or last - time they murdered someone.

*Andy and Cheryl playing golf doesn't add up with blood being found in the car. Not unless the killer found them in the field and marched them back to the car, then into the woods. Please tell me the killer didn't take the time to get the club and balls out of the car after the murders, then arrange them in a pattern in the field?

What if the killer was fixated on Andy rather than Cheryl. Andy was a model, wasn't he? Maybe he had an unwanted admirer who was very jealous.

He also made a point of mentioning her boyfriend, to the woman he raped. He asked where he was, by name.

The boyfriend was an airline pilot and likely to have been youngish and attractive too?

I always thought he hid upstairs in case the raped woman's boyfriend came into the apartment with her - now I'm wondering if he HOPED the boyfriend was with her.

It is over 50 miles away and seven years before ( making a 30ish suspect in his early twenties then), but what about this case? Two men and a 25 year old female, Beth Wilbur, brutally shot and stabbed ( though with a screwdriver, not a knife). Reinvestigated 2011 but inconclusive.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNMar11.pdf

I really think the primary target was Andy. I think he had an unwanted male admirer. He probably didn't realize the guy was obsessed with him. He may have recently turrned down an invitation by this guy (or maybe the guy never even asked him, but crazily expected him to just know).

Andy was tied up and throat was slashed. Andy's car was followed. Andy's golf club was at the scene (so maybe he played golf with this guy prior to this night).

Cheryl was left under semi inflated balloons with stuff thrown on her and. $20 beside her. All of the stuff done to her could be for the killer to show Andy how she was a disposable sexual commodity (to the murderer, I do not think this way about her). The fact she was beautiful would enrage the killer, too.

Looking for some obsessed with Cheryl hasn't solved the case. So, maybe it was Andy the killer wanted to punish. I am not casting stones at Andy, he seems like a nice guy.

Maybe this was a photographer or an agent or a client who thought Andy owed him something. This person will be inappropriate with other male models. And possibly rude to female models.

Moo!

I just stumbled upon this via clicking on another member's signature link. This is the first I've heard about this...horrible crime and so very sad that it still remains unsolved. I hope there are answers soon for the families and friends of this couple.

Mocity:

My name is Bill Thomas. My sister Cathy Thomas and her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders, in which four young couples were killed in lovers lanes in Virginia from 1986 to 1989. Has anyone ever mentioned this case to you? There are a number of similarities.

Please let me know if you would.

Many thanks.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

Just stumbled upon this case. I actually live in Houston currently and used to live right at Eldridge and Enclave and jogged the area many times (there is jogging/biking path nearby) and had never heard of this crime until now.

Definitely a horrendous crime; the area is built up tremendously now so hard to imagine something so horrible happened in the area.

Also hard to believe this killer has never been caught considering they have DNA. The motive obviously was not robbery and the tying to a tree and horrific slashing of their throats show extreme rage. I honestly think the killer was someone either Cheryl or Andy knew or were familiar with....just my guess.

I also do no think the note sent to law enforcement was from the killer. The real killer doesn't seem the type to be motivated by money, so do not believe he would all of sudden request $100,000. Maybe someone who knows who the killer is, but seems strange.

I do hope this monster is finally caught.

It's interesting to note that a 'table dance' at local strip clubs were $20 & Cheryl worked at Rick's in SW Houston. I think the cops are right about the perp being a familiar face in the clubs.

It would also explain how he knew the first rape victim's boyfriend's name--he could have talked to her fellow dancers to glean personal information at Gigi's.

Bumping for Cheryl & Andy. Is there any new information at all on the investigation?

There has goooot to be another similar crime(s) out there that can be linked...jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back