Can we discuss Carol Tranmers statement please....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found this bizarre a WTF moment in my head.

I can understand why they went for all this funding it seems unseemly some how and did nothing to find their daughter. Actually i think it had the opposite affect.

Gee, ordinarily a "summative overview" is exactly what it takes to find a missing person!

Gee, ordinarily a "summative overview" is exactly what it takes to find a missing person!

I too find this business strategy over your own childs disappearance a bit sickening.....to say the least

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT Carol Tranmer's statement. EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE REMOVED. STAY ON TOPIC.

Salem

This statement has been back and forth between english and Portuguese several times now more than likely with a mix of British and american english. There is going to be confusion.

As for the Paynes daughter. I don't think it is right to link to her photo and discuss her. Besides which there is no way of knowing if that girl is really her. I know the implication was could she have been swapped with madeleine, but she was at the kids club according to the files, and she is not that similar to madeleine. The nannies identified madeleine as being at the kids club that day, they had sent the previous few days with her and the Paynes child. They are not going to be fooled, and its unlikely a four year old would have the ability to pretend to be someone else for the day.

As for madeleine falling down the steps, why would the mccanns cover that up? They did not cover up being out for the evenings so why cover up a fall? And they still had to come up with and execute a plan to hide her in about five minutes.

Where are there pictures of the Paynes' child? I'm not seeing them.

The pictures need to be resized here because they are blowing the margins. To whomever, please pm me the link to the pictures so they can be replaced.

Salem

Where are there pictures of the Paynes' child? I'm not seeing them.

The pictures need to be resized here because they are blowing the margins. To whomever, please pm me the link to the pictures so they can be replaced.

Salem

The very first post links to a photo that is claimed to be the Paynes child. It is just my opinion but I don't agree with involving other children like this. And as far as I am aware there us no proof its their child anyway, they certainly did not give out photos themselves.

This statement has been back and forth between english and Portuguese several times now more than likely with a mix of British and american english. There is going to be confusion.

Totally incorrect and misleading! This was a rogatory interview. This statement was given and recorded in English in England given by an English woman to an English policeman and the transcript is the original police English transcript.

!

Totally incorrect and misleading! This was a rogatory interview. This statement was given and recorded in English in England given by an English woman to an English policeman and the transcript is the original police English transcript.

:banghead:

On the site linked to it is a retro translation. The rogatory interview was conducted in English, then translated into Portuguese. The Portuguese translation was then released and translated back into English.

Yes and read and reread on the net by folks who are fluent in both languages.

If there were any inaccuracies they would be duly noted and/or corrected by now. You cannot blame the translator any more like you could back in WWII.

On the site linked to it is a retro translation. The rogatory interview was conducted in English, then translated into Portuguese. The Portuguese translation was then released and translated back into English.

No, you are wrong. The original English police rogatory documents were released...they are in English and not translated back and forth, that a portuguese translation exists also in the files is by the by...thats it

Yes and read and reread on the net by folks who are fluent in both languages.

If there were any inaccuracies they would be duly noted and/or corrected by now. You cannot blame the translator any more like you could back in WWII.

LOL!

This is a pretty basic fact, that anyone would use "mistranslations" or "poor interpreters" when they werent ANY, to argue aganst any contentious points is so tiresome now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288