GUILTY WA - Six Anderson family members slain in Carnation home, 24 Dec 2007

Paraphraising, The parents planned on spending xmas eve with Michelle, Joe, Scott, Erica and the kids. Michelle and Joe went there with plans on killing everyone. Michelle was upset with Scott that he supposedly owed her money and her parents wouldn't support her regarding that. After the parents were shot, they layed in wait for Scott and his family to arrive. Shot Scott, Erica while she dialed 911. Then sat down the children and apologized because they were going to have to kill them too.

DP is on the table, but no decision on it today.

They tried to flee to Canada, but then returned to the house to pretend that they were shocked and not involved. All murders happened in the living room.

Notes from the PC. Sorry, not perfectly transcribed. Very chilling crime here. :(
Christmas Eve plans w/Michele, Joe, Scott's family for that evening
5:00 arrival time scheduled
While Judy was wrapping presents, defendents were in trailer arming themselves w/handguns they bought last summer. Michele 9mm concealed the 9mm in her sweatshirt. Joe had a 357mag handgun and was at her side.
Motive may never be understood, Michele was angry at Scott who she believed owed her money, angry at parents over lack of support for her.
Michele confronted her father Wayne, fired at his head and missed, Joe stepped in and fatally shot Wayne in the head.
Judy heard and ran from the back room where she was wrapping gifts, she was shot twice by Joe.
For the next 30-45 min, the 2 defendents prepared for the arrival of Scott's family. Dragged bodies away, used towels and carpets to clean, and burned evidence on the firepit.
Then they waited.
Scott was immediately confronted by Michele and was shot multiple times by both.
Erika witnessed and she ran for the phone and called 911, Michelle shot her twice, Erika was not able to speak and Joe took the phone away and shot her two times.
The kids witnessed this. Joe spoke to each child and apologized for what he was about to do, then he shot each child in the head.
Christmas day the Anderson ppty was silent. The investigation as to what they did after is ongoing.
First they drove north to Canada, then south towards Oregon arriving at neither destination. Then decided to return and pretend to be surprised at the crime. No guns have yet been discovered.
When Judy didn't show up for work the next day, co-worker discoverd crime scene.
Defendents drove up several hours later in their pickup truck, claimed initially to be unaware of the murders. After being questioned together and separately LE decided to seek charges.
(missed this part)
aggravated 1st degree murder
murders were committed to conceal the commission of a crime
Life in Prison without possibility of release or the DP
30 days to file notice re DP defense/mitigating factors
During this time will consider any issues defense will present
(He thinks the decision should be DP apparently from a comment he made)
The Mantle family lives in Snohomish (Erika's family)
Q&A's
Evidence seems to show they were going to kill the entire family.
They believe all the victims were dead before the 2 deputies arrived (911 call)
Charging papers will be provided in a few minutes.
Wishes of family will be considered re: DP or LWOP
Main living room where all murders took place.
A lot of crime scene evidence to still go through.
Each defendent used each gun, so ongoing investigation.
Erika tried to crawl away, but couldn't get to a door.
Commotion, no talking on 911 tape

Very good Taxi, thank you for detailing the presser.

Agreed! What I find interesting is Joe and his mother don't seem like there would have been much money to have a falling out over. :waitasec:

There's no amount of money too little for Joe and his ilk to have a deadly falling out over.
A Kansas City man has been charged with murder and assault in an October shooting death police say came during a dispute over five dollars.
Two sentenced in brutal gang attacks; Victim: 'Five dollars. I would have given it to you if you asked me.

When Mr. Weathers continued to demand his ten dollars change, Mr. Jones walked over to the car pulled out a gun and shot Mr. Weathers in the neck.

"From what we understand, this is a dispute over ten dollars. The [murder] suspects in this case were owed ten dollars by the victim for whatever reason he had not paid them ten dollars," Inv. Tom Johnson said.

... and on and on . . .

You're welcome.

Here's the part I missed about the charges:
SEATTLE - Michele Anderson and her boyfriend, Joseph McEnroe, have been charged with six counts of aggravated first-degree murder in the Christmas Eve slaying of six of Anderson's family members.
If convicted, the penalty is either life in prison without possibility of parole or the death penalty. Prosecutor Dan Satterberg now has 30 days to decide whether or not to request the death penalty. (more at link)
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_122807WAB_carnation_murders_LJ.5d72c299.html

LE "believes" that everyone was dead when the deputies arrived? :confused: :eek: :mad: I have a prediction: those deputies will resign and possibly commit suicide. I would be horrified to think that I had gone up to that gate and those kids were possibly being "apologized to" during the time I turned and drove off. Horrible, absolutely horrible. I am always pro LE, but sometimes they make mistakes too......just like all of us. This crime is an example of the ripple effect crimes have on SO many lives.

$50 bucks says they are tweekers. I fear this is what will happen to my sister and her family with a meth head as a daughter.

Thanks, Taximom, for posting the press conference.

Those two are even worse than I could have imagined. Remember last year when that family in Virginia was killed on New Years? Michelle and Joe are that evil. Apologizing to the kids before killing them??? :furious:I wish there was a death penalty with pain.

Thanks, Taximom, for posting the press conference.

Those two are even worse than I could have imagined. Remember last year when that family in Virginia was killed on New Years? Michelle and Joe are that evil. Apologizing to the kids before killing them??? :furious:I wish there was a death penalty with pain.

This reminds me of the Harvey family too. Heartless.

Thanks Taximom for the information on the PC. Makes me sick. I am completely for the DP. I do not want to waste taxpayers money paying for these 2 complete losers to live in prison for life. I would take them out myself if I could. I'm sorry - but killing those poor children is the sickest thing I've heard of - never mind killing your own parents and brother. That's sickening as well. I also don't know how they know they were all dead before the LE arrived @ the scene. They could have been hanging on to life - who knows???

Thank you Taxi for filling us in on the presser. I too feel sick...the part about him sitting the kids down ,telling them he is sorry and then shooting them in the head. That is after they see their parents gunned down! What a couple of animals these 2 are, not an ounce of humanity in either one of them.

My heart is melting for those sweet children. How could it be humanly possible for someone to first kill their parents in front of those angels and then try to apologize for what they are going to do to them (at close range). I think the DP is TOO EASY on those pieces of garbage.

Oh gosh Suzi I remember the Harveys, that just broke my heart. That was last new years day wasn't it.

Yes, the DA managed to keep alot of the worst details out of the public. For that I am glad.

*speechless*

i can only hope for some jailhouse justice to be served. I have a relative who is in prison, next time I talk to him i'll ask him what kinds of things are likely to happen to them while they are guests of the state.

~lightwaveryder~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back