Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That case is listed as being a woman age 30-50, not a girl from MJDs age range?
I'll look around later and see if I can find anything on it though.
It looks like there are a few other unidentified women kind of around her age range though (not identified yet), one from 2002, one from 1992, 1997 etc. but nothing from 1999 at least thats still on the site? Where did you find that? Maybe its the girl from 2002? She's the closest in age to MJD but not yet identified that I can tell.

Here's the Maricopa link again for anyone who hasn't seen it. Something about the girl from 1992 seems familiar- can anyone recall a case of a missing woman/girl with pink glasses? I feel like I've seen that on Doe Network or somewhere? http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx

Thank you, lorelei-let me show you all where I went astray:
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20070223_jane-doe.7fa5448.html

This is a story of a 13-18 year old girl, assumed prostitute, that was discovered 2/19/2007. When I clicked on the link in the story, it brought me to the M/E website, where I looked at UID's without processing the date of the story.

What compels me about the story I linked is the physical description of the child...

:crazy:

The case number of the child in the story is No. 07-1122.

I found a link to the story of what happened to this child:
http://missingandmurderedchildren.f...08/03/04/from-runaway-to-jane-doe-no-07-1122/

Four adults gave her a huge amount of vodka and she was raped either before or after she succumbed to the alcohol poisoning. (She seized and died.) They dumped her body in a dumpster....(Check out her eyebrows however!)

I am not sure if this holds true for MJD case since it has been almost 10 years..

But before I made a call to obtain a form to get excess to her medical examiner report, I called my step father who is a federal law enforcement agent and asked him some questions regarding the situation.

I explained the situation to him, and told him what we were doing here and he said that I probably would not be authorized access to her ME report because her case is still being investigated.

Even he himself wouldn't have access because he needs probable cause to obtain those records (i.e. probably reasons beyond just identifying her)

Although in some cases he said that ME/autopsy reports can become public records.. it probably won't hold true in her case because it seems as though her case is still pending investigation.

I did, however email Suzi Dodt and ask who had authorization to view MJD's medical records just in case we are allowed to see them.

Also, for South Mountain graduating class of '00, no D.M.A. initialed people that I couldn't find on myspace or facebook were listed in the yearbook, unfortunately.

I am not sure if this holds true for MJD case since it has been almost 10 years..

But before I made a call to obtain a form to get excess to her medical examiner report, I called my step father who is a federal law enforcement agent and asked him some questions regarding the situation.

I explained the situation to him, and told him what we were doing here and he said that I probably would not be authorized access to her ME report because her case is still being investigated.

Even he himself wouldn't have access because he needs probable cause to obtain those records (i.e. probably reasons beyond just identifying her)

Although in some cases he said that ME/autopsy reports can become public records.. it probably won't hold true in her case because it seems as though her case is still pending investigation.

I did, however email Suzi Dodt and ask who had authorization to view MJD's medical records just in case we are allowed to see them.

Also, for South Mountain graduating class of '00, no D.M.A. initialed people that I couldn't find on myspace or facebook were listed in the yearbook, unfortunately.

I have done some research on this, just in case my step father made a flaw in his explanation, and it doesn't seem too far off at all.

I read that if a person other than next of kin asks to view the ME report, a brief explanation of cause/manner of death is released. And that has already been released about our MJD.

Why would they make the statement about the form to obtain it, though? I guess they are assuming you're law enforcement?

I have done some research on this, just in case my step father made a flaw in his explanation, and it doesn't seem too far off at all.

I read that if a person other than next of kin asks to view the ME report, a brief explanation of cause/manner of death is released. And that has already been released about our MJD.

Why would they make the statement about the form to obtain it, though? I guess they are assuming you're law enforcement?

I thought this might be the case. My feeling was that because they were instructing us to call and ask for a request form, the report most likely was not a matter of public record. How can we get around the fact that we're not interested in the COD or how it happened, but just the potentially identifying factors? Any ideas? Suzi knows what we're doing here....

I thought this might be the case. My feeling was that because they were instructing us to call and ask for a request form, the report most likely was not a matter of public record. How can we get around the fact that we're not interested in the COD or how it happened, but just the potentially identifying factors? Any ideas? Suzi knows what we're doing here....

Suzi must be thinking, "how the hell is knowing the toxicology information and the weight of her lungs going to help these people identify her?!"

I guess making an inquiry to the ME office and stating just that.. that we don't want any information on her initial examination for death-related purposes.. but want additional information pertaining to features she may have had prior to death.

Did she have any scars?

Did she have any birthmarks?

What, exactly in detail did her tattoo look like? How big was it?

Was her hair naturally straight/curly/wavy?

What did her teeth look like? Were they gapped, crooked, straight?

Besides the location where she was first picked up, what on her body makes them believe she may have been a prostitute or living on the streets?

Those are all questions I want to know, and I think are important in identifying her, and I believe they have that information somewhere!

Suzi must be thinking, "how the hell is knowing the toxicology information and the weight of her lungs going to help these people identify her?!"

I guess making an inquiry to the ME office and stating just that.. that we don't want any information on her initial examination for death-related purposes.. but want additional information pertaining to features she may have had prior to death.

Did she have any scars?

Did she have any birthmarks?

What, exactly in detail did her tattoo look like? How big was it?

Was her hair naturally straight/curly/wavy?

What did her teeth look like? Were they gapped, crooked, straight?

Besides the location where she was first picked up, what on her body makes them believe she may have been a prostitute or living on the streets?

Those are all questions I want to know, and I think are important in identifying her, and I believe they have that information somewhere!

Suzi has already implied that we know everything there is to know from the ME report. That's why this "new" information about the ring is so disturbing to me. If there actually was a ring, then we don't really know everything there is to know. And....it makes me wonder what else has been overlooked or omitted. AND, it has also been implied that Alonzo and Lindsay have nothing more to add and have obviously never been charged. If this case is still under investigation - other than determining her identity - WHY???

Suzi has already implied that we know everything there is to know from the ME report. That's why this "new" information about the ring is so disturbing to me. If there actually was a ring, then we don't really know everything there is to know. And....it makes me wonder what else has been overlooked or omitted. AND, it has also been implied that Alonzo and Lindsay have nothing more to add and have obviously never been charged. If this case is still under investigation - other than determining her identity - WHY???

Plus, if the A and L said she was getting high, then she should have tested for it when they got her to the ER-they would have looked for other drugs as well so they knew how to treat her...

This case just doesn't seem like it was combed over too well. I am only implying that her case may still be being investigated because I have read various times they were "not satisfied" with AF and LD's stories/answers and they have recently been involved in a follow up of the case.

What else is there to follow up on?

Plus, if the A and L said she was getting high, then she should have tested for it when they got her to the ER-they would have looked for other drugs as well so they knew how to treat her...

Yes, if she tested positive for THC then AF and LD were probably telling the truth about that, but it was never mentioned if she did have that or any other drug in her system. I don't think it's relevant to identifying her, though. I mean, it could be if she was a regular pot smoker or something and she was known for it.

It's just that if the ring was mentioned then, and the ME office claims that all of the information they can possibly give to identify her is posted on the site, I'm not quite sure I believe that if other possessions are just coming up because people have paid for newspaper articles. If no one had done that, the ring still wouldn't exist to us.

I wonder if they searched Alonzo's car for anything that may have been hers..

Yes, if she tested positive for THC then AF and LD were probably telling the truth about that, but it was never mentioned if she did have that or any other drug in her system. I don't think it's relevant to identifying her, though. I mean, it could be if she was a regular pot smoker or something and she was known for it.

It's just that if the ring was mentioned then, and the ME office claims that all of the information they can possibly give to identify her is posted on the site, I'm not quite sure I believe that if other possessions are just coming up because people have paid for newspaper articles. If no one had done that, the ring still wouldn't exist to us.

I wonder if they searched Alonzo's car for anything that may have been hers..

That's what I mean - whatever drugs may have been in her system are really not relevant to determining her identity. If she had anything with her in that car, my guess is they threw it somewhere in the desert! Do we know if anything's ever been found? LE may not be totally happy with the answers they got from A & L, but it's been 9 1/2 years and no charges have ever been filed. AND, Suzi Dodt claims they have been questioned again recently and nothing new was uncovered. I'm beginning to lose hope....

That's what I mean - whatever drugs may have been in her system are really not relevant to determining her identity. If she had anything with her in that car, my guess is they threw it somewhere in the desert! Do we know if anything's ever been found? LE may not be totally happy with the answers they got from A & L, but it's been 9 1/2 years and no charges have ever been filed. AND, Suzi Dodt claims they have been questioned again recently and nothing new was uncovered. I'm beginning to lose hope....

We're pretty much stuck right now. If we have all of the information needed to determine her identity, I don't know what else to do. LE is obviously as baffled about this case as the rest of us. And sadly, some cases do go unsolved. I guess sometimes they just weren't meant to be solved. Although I want an outcome to this case, a name, and closure for her.. it seems pretty impossible at this point. The two people in the car are sticking to their story, and MJD is not alive to tell what really happened.

Maybe she did jump out. Maybe she just didn't want to live anymore. And in 10 years, having no one step forward to give her an identity..I can kind of see why..

We're pretty much stuck right now. If we have all of the information needed to determine her identity, I don't know what else to do. LE is obviously as baffled about this case as the rest of us. And sadly, some cases do go unsolved. I guess sometimes they just weren't meant to be solved. Although I want an outcome to this case, a name, and closure for her.. it seems pretty impossible at this point. The two people in the car are sticking to their story, and MJD is not alive to tell what really happened.

Maybe she did jump out. Maybe she just didn't want to live anymore. And in 10 years, having no one step forward to give her an identity..I can kind of see why..

Oh that makes me want to cry! But it's true. Hard as it is to believe, there really doesn't seem to be anyone looking for her. And with that in mind, we can't overlook the fact that any family she may have had allowed her to go out into a hard world at a very young age to fend for herself. If they didn't care then, it stands to reason they don't care now. Poor little baby. And there are so, so many more just like her out there - and plenty of scumbags waiting for them... :furious: :furious: :furious:

I found this article and am glad to see someone is helping these girls. Has anyone contacted the founder about MJD? She might be able to help.

http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/200805/fighting-child-prostitution/

This is AWESOME!!! Great find Auburnmommy. Every major city in the US should build their own center based on this model. FGS - it sure seems that underage prostitution is an epidemic - and not just in Phoenix! Frightening to think how many sick, freaky bast**ds are patronizing this trade.

And I definitely think we should contact the founder and see if she has any ideas about what direction we should take. Sounds like this center is only for adults, so maybe some of the residents were around when MJD was "working" - if she really was???

This is AWESOME!!! Great find Auburnmommy. Every major city in the US should build their own center based on this model. FGS - it sure seems that underage prostitution is an epidemic - and not just in Phoenix! Frightening to think how many sick, freaky bast**ds are patronizing this trade.

And I definitely think we should contact the founder and see if she has any ideas about what direction we should take. Sounds like this center is only for adults, so maybe some of the residents were around when MJD was "working" - if she really was???

I agree! And, even if she was working as a prostitute, there is no reason to demean her just because that's what she did to survive. If she had no family to care for her, that's probably all she thought she had. And it's so sad to think about. :(

There are many sick, perverted and downright disgusting individuals out there who prey on helpless, innocent children. Promising them jewelry, marriage and a better life, but just using them and taking away any profit they make, and making them believe they can never better themselves. It sickens me to read how much they brainwash, abuse and belittle them, and treat them as "property". AND the johns who hire them for their own selfish pleasure disgust me. I've been reading up on this, too. Because, MJD really does sort of fit the profile, from what we know, anyway. I mean we could be totally wrong, but I guess it's best to rule the worst case scenario out first, right?

What ever came of that theory that she may have been trafficked from Russia? Did they do a DNA comparison between MJD and that young girl?

I agree! And, even if she was working as a prostitute, there is no reason to demean her just because that's what she did to survive. If she had no family to care for her, that's probably all she thought she had. And it's so sad to think about. :(

There are many sick, perverted and downright disgusting individuals out there who prey on helpless, innocent children. Promising them jewelry, marriage and a better life, but just using them and taking away any profit they make, and making them believe they can never better themselves. It sickens me to read how much they brainwash, abuse and belittle them, and treat them as "property". AND the johns who hire them for their own selfish pleasure disgust me. I've been reading up on this, too. Because, MJD really does sort of fit the profile, from what we know, anyway. I mean we could be totally wrong, but I guess it's best to rule the worst case scenario out first, right?

You're right. But even if she was a prostitute, it's not relevant to what we're trying to accomplish. If she was, the best we can hope for is that someone from that world remembers her, knows her name, where she came from and maybe some of her story. That's why I believe going to the founder of Natalie House (is that right?) might be our best bet right now. What do you think? It doesn't sound like we can rely on A or L for any valuable information.

You're right. But even if she was a prostitute, it's not relevant to what we're trying to accomplish. If she was, the best we can hope for is that someone from that world remembers her, knows her name, where she came from and maybe some of her story. That's why I believe going to the founder of Natalie House (is that right?) might be our best bet right now. What do you think? It doesn't sound like we can rely on A or L for any valuable information.

You're right. I think that sounds like a very good idea, perhaps all of us should compile something together about our MJD, and send it to Natalie's House, and ask some of the women who may have been working around that time if they recognize her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong