2010.04.15 Presser Video: Sheriff, Haleigh Likely Dead; POI Identified

Not only that but LE does this on a regular basis to gauge a persons reaction to such news.

They do it all the time and this case is no different.

I hate to bring up Casey, but they put her in a room and told her about Caylee being found and it's obvious she is responsible for her death.

The difference is that Ron was told of the probable death of Haleigh together in the same room with the rest of the family members. In Casey's case, she was told alone in a room by herself. In Ron's case, they allowed him to be together with his mother, sister, and Grandmother, as well as the child's mother. This indicates to me that they wanted all these family members to be together to support and console each other. Conspicuously absent was the child's ex-stepmother.

The difference is that Ron was told of the probable death of Haleigh together in the same room with the rest of the family members. In Casey's case, she was told alone in a room by herself. In Ron's case, they allowed him to be together with his mother, sister, and Grandmother, as well as the child's mother. This indicates to me that they wanted all these family members to be together to support and console each other. Conspicuously absent was the child's ex-stepmother.
We have had no confirmation of who was where when the families were called in. I highly doubt both families were put in the same room together. I'm quite sure that Crystal and her family were in one room and the Cummings clan in another - but even RC's attny last night on NG said he wasn't sure if RC had been allowed to be in the same room with his familiy.

I thought it was quite strange that his atty didn't even know the logistics of where the families were put that day.

We have had no confirmation of who was where when the families were called in. I highly doubt both families were put in the same room together. I'm quite sure that Crystal and her family were in one room and the Cummings clan in another - but even RC's attny last night on NG said he wasn't sure if RC had been allowed to be in the same room with his familiy.

I thought it was quite strange that his atty didn't even know the logistics of where the families were put that day.

Yes both families were together including Ron

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-15/no-results-two-day-search-haleigh

Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy brought the families together to update them on the investigation. Connie Sheffield, stepmother to HaLeigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, said Wednesday that about a dozen members of the Sheffield and Cummings families, including Ronald Cummings, were together for the latest updates.
Though the two families have been at odds during the past year, she said they were all in the room together crying. She said it was the first time the families had been called together as a group.

It was probably video tapes so they could play it back and watch the expressions of each family member individually. I'd be looking for some side-way glances, or rolling of their eyes at each other, or any body language that seemed out of the ordinary. Later, GGMS said she wouldn't believe it until a body was found and shown to her. Almost makes you think she knew nothing would be found in the river. When she was asked what she wanted done to the people responsible, you would think she would say, the death penalty, or spend the rest of their natural life in prison. Instead, she said she just wanted justice for Haleigh. Why is she being so soft on the person that murdered her grandchild? Could it be because it's her grandson, and she knows it? I would love to hear TN answer this same question! These statements would come in on sentencing day!

If I am not mistaken he had said he punched the wall at the mh that night he found out Haleigh was missing. LE took swabs from his hand and the wall. Please correct me if I am wrong anyone. TIA

Actually Ron punched the back door and I remember reading an article with a photograph of the door with a slight dent in it. The door was swabbed for blood as well as Ron's hands were swabbed. According to a post on Ws by a friend of Ron, when asked how he hurt his hand, he showed a slight dent in the car fender and smiled.

I'm sure that all of Haleigh's family members were being observed as they received the news. I have a feeling that since Leonard Padilla commented about yellow rope being found at Tommy's house a while back that this latest reveal wasn't exactly a surprise to most if not all of the family members. Brown the PI was also suppose to have been working for Crystal and he knew earlier than this family meeting. He supposedly met with Tommy and his attorney following the latest poly (reportedly)

You're not mistaken (though I'm not sure about the swabs). We were also told by "a friend" of Ron's that he'd hurt his hand when he hit the bumper of his car in frustration.

There is never just one story regarding Ronald Cummings.

I don't know HOW he did it, but he dang sure busted his hand up. debs, I wonder if LE was ever able to confirm and we just don't know? I had just been looking at some very early videos and came across what I *believe* to be the 1st one he did. It's the one of Ron and TN.. where he's gonna take out the trash..he would give his life for his daughters life BACK..the tears stop and start like he has a button that he pushes when he wants to squeeze a tear out..At the very end, like the last few seconds..the camera pans down to his hands for a couple of seconds.

Even though I've seen it many times, the whole thing is quite..umm..interesting...
MOST bothersome of all imo is when his cell phone rings and he doesn't even look at it. That just sends me right over the edge..I don't care how different people are, can you imagine anyone who has a child missing, totally ignoring a phone call..ANY phone call, no matter what..whether you recognized the ring tone or not. That COULD have been someone that had just found HaLeigh. Ron had no way of knowing that it wasn't and imo might even assume it was a call concerning his daughter under the circumstances. Or did he? Of course it's no secret that I believe he knew it wasn't, because he knew where she was. If he actually thought she was 'stold' just hours prior, what do we chalk the complete dismissal of the call to? Too distraught to think about answering the phone? Just figured 'whoever' it was would call back? IDK, this is just all so sad..Poor HaLeigh..:(

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone, but I don't feel that I'm crazy as a bed-bug for feeling the way I do either..:crazy:

I tried to take an objective look at Ron in this, I really did. I'm still left with that knot in the pit of my stomach though..take a listen..
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

I don't know HOW he did it, but he dang sure busted his hand up. debs, I wonder if LE was ever able to confirm and we just don't know? I had just been looking at some very early videos and came across what I *believe* to be the 1st one he did. It's the one of Ron and TN.. where he's gonna take out the trash..he would give his life for his daughters life BACK..the tears stop and start like he has a button that he pushes when he wants to squeeze a tear out..At the very end, like the last few seconds..the camera pans down to his hands for a couple of seconds.

Even though I've seen it many times, the whole thing is quite..umm..interesting...
MOST bothersome of all imo is when his cell phone rings and he doesn't even look at it. That just sends me right over the edge..I don't care how different people are, can you imagine anyone who has a child missing, totally ignoring a phone call..ANY phone call, no matter what..whether you recognized the ring tone or not. That COULD have been someone that had just found HaLeigh. Ron had no way of knowing that it wasn't and imo might even assume it was a call concerning his daughter under the circumstances. Or did he? Of course it's no secret that I believe he knew it wasn't, because he knew where she was. If he actually thought she was 'stold' just hours prior, what do we chalk the complete dismissal of the call to? Too distraught to think about answering the phone? Just figured 'whoever' it was would call back? IDK, this is just all so sad..Poor HaLeigh..:(

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone, but I don't feel that I'm crazy as a bed-bug for feeling the way I do either..:crazy:

I tried to take an objective look at Ron in this, I really did. I'm still left with that knot in the pit of my stomach though..take a listen..
That video shows so much deception. Phony. He doesn't make eye contact, has to squeeze tears out and obviously KNOWS she is dead. How many times does he have to say I WAS AT WORK.. yeah, Ron. We get it, you have an alibi. But he caused it no doubt, and is speaking directly to the "trash" he KNOWS that took her.

That video shows so much deception. Phony. He doesn't make eye contact, has to squeeze tears out and obviously KNOWS she is dead. How many times does he have to say I WAS AT WORK.. yeah, Ron. We get it, you have an alibi. But he caused it no doubt, and is speaking directly to the "trash" he KNOWS that took her.

Wow, I don't think I had seen that video yet. From the first second I didn't believe a word he said or any of his actions. When asked how he knew Haleigh was missing he had to think for a minute and the tears turned off. He couldn't stand just seconds before that. I COMPLETELY agree with the poster who said it sealed the deal for them when he didn't even look at his phone when it rang. I would be staring at that phone every second of every day and jump at every phone call, especially in the first days! He also jumps to wanting his daughters "life" back. I would never say something like that if I had a child missing, I would hold out hope unless I had proof otherwise. Then again, maybe he did.
I feel guilty for even judging his actions in this video! I hate to point fingers at parents (and usually refrain) but in this case he hasn't sat well with me from the beginning. I'm here for Haleigh and I want to know what happened to her!

BBM Scott Peterson also ignored his cel phone ringing during an interview when his wife was "missing". He could have answered it, and should have given the circumstances, and the interview could have continued afterward. But there wasn't any urgency because he knew she was dead.

Goldie

Wow, I don't think I had seen that video yet. From the first second I didn't believe a word he said or any of his actions. When asked how he knew Haleigh was missing he had to think for a minute and the tears turned off. He couldn't stand just seconds before that. I COMPLETELY agree with the poster who said it sealed the deal for them when he didn't even look at his phone when it rang. I would be staring at that phone every second of every day and jump at every phone call, especially in the first days! He also jumps to wanting his daughters "life" back. I would never say something like that if I had a child missing, I would hold out hope unless I had proof otherwise. Then again, maybe he did.
I feel guilty for even judging his actions in this video! I hate to point fingers at parents (and usually refrain) but in this case he hasn't sat well with me from the beginning. I'm here for Haleigh and I want to know what happened to her!

I had not seen that video in its entirety but something just ain't right. Him not answering his phone....He seem to not care who was on the other end. But he's looking for someone who stole his daughter...Okay, Ron..don't answer phone they might call back. Gawd, he makes my stomach turn.

Pondering Mind- I think you should put that video in the other thread "Ron knew what happened". that video is an eye opener, for sure.

There are aspects of the Shell Harbor search this week and information developed that makes very little sense to me on several different levels. One of the most troubling, for me, is the area itself being a PUBLIC boat ramp in a densely populated part of the county. Look at this image, there are houses all over the place, why would anyone wanting to dispose of a body come to a place like this:

shellpond4.jpg

When any number of places, with almost certain isolation, offer many times the privacy, like Shell Pond as Ger has shown us on page 7 of the Pictures thread?

shellpond3.jpg

Who would have ever seen anything back here?

shellpond1.jpg

shellpond.jpg

shellpond2.jpg

Or possibly the access road under Dunn’s Creek Bridge?

shellpond5.jpg

shellpond6.jpg

For me, the single most perplexing item of this particular location being where Haleigh’s body was taken deals with the depth of the water adjacent to the docks and ramp. On Nancy Grace this week, Granny Flo told a disturbing tale of Joe and Tommy tying a yellow rope to a cinder block and Haleigh then dropping her in the water.

The water is not over 4-5 feet deep and is very clear. What kept her body from being seen? I realize once you get out a short distance a sharp drop off occurs, but how are these two alleged perps supposed to get a 40 lb body and one or two 40 lb cinder blocks out to the drop off? If Granny Flo is to be believed, her words were “dropped her in the water”.

shellpond7.jpg

I'm not buying this particular bill of goods. IMO, something's not right.

Tell us something we don't know. LE assigned to this case could not investigate their way out of a paper bag.

"Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy brought the families together to update them on the investigation. Connie Sheffield, stepmother to HaLeigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, said Wednesday that about a dozen members of the Sheffield and Cummings families, including Ronald Cummings, were together for the latest updates.

Though the two families have been at odds during the past year, she said they were all in the room together crying. She said it was the first time the families had been called together as a group."

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-15/no-results-two-day-search-haleigh

Im guessing that while misty was at home with the kids something happened to haleigh and so she asked jo to help get rid of her body with her. Im also guessing she told jo she would pay him off with ronalds prize gun. BUT! when they got home they couldnt find this gun and jo was so pissed he held a knife to misty and must of told her if she told anyone he would kill her and everyone in the family...

I think there is a touch of truth to mistys story......

BBM Scott Peterson also ignored his cel phone ringing during an interview when his wife was "missing". He could have answered it, and should have given the circumstances, and the interview could have continued afterward. But there wasn't any urgency because he knew she was dead.

Goldie

I know! That's why that has always bothered me so much! It just seemed like he was trying to stay 'in character' by doing and saying what he THOUGHT he should be... and the importance of not answering what could have been one of the most important phone calls of his life IF his daughter had truly been taken by someone unbeknownst to him just went right over the top of his head ..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back