Snapdragon Rd. Fire Report & Pics

So, what do you think about cadaver dogs hitting on the roped off area? Just hard to comprehend that these dogs first on the scene and other dog teams later all hit on the property.

I think that is definitely a red flag, especially if those cadaver dogs were given something specific that Tara wore before the search. Do you know if they had been given a personal item of Tara's? Or were they just trained to search for any general scent of decomposition?

One thing is for sure is some story I heard earlier on about the cadaver dogs hitting due to burnt baby's diapers or something made no sense. Maybe it wasn't baby diapers, but it was something just as odd, pet waste or some crazy thing.

Where is this Michael Lankford guy right now? Are they bothering to keep any tabs on him?

So, what do you think about cadaver dogs hitting on the roped off area? Just hard to comprehend that these dogs first on the scene and other dog teams later all hit on the property......

Concernedp...Who owned the car that burned? Was the keys left in the car or had it been 'hot wired'?

Was anyone living at the house that burned? Was the car or property anyway connected/related to/owned by friends or family of any of the men in her life?

I agree, it's a good possibility the burned car and house is related to Tara's disappearance. I don't believe in 'coincidence'.

What IF she was killed or dismembered in that area of the house and the house was burned to destroy what was left on the floor.?..

It's my opinion, a very shrewd, clever, cold hearted person calculated Tara's murdered that same night the dog was barking, for personal reasons.

It's my opinion, a very shrewd, clever, cold hearted person calculated Tara's murdered that same night the dog was barking, for personal reasons.

I have that same feeling also!I also feel maybe someone was called in as a hit man type person..to do the dirty job.

Someone wanted to get revenge on Tara..get her out of the picture!

I did some research and was wondering if maybe the dump in the town Fitzgerald might lead to finding Tara...Check it out ...I found some history on this dump..I found they took huge metal canisters there.

What I was thinking is..You know how (LG) spoke at his interview about dumping a body into the stream and letting the alligators get them?..I can't see that..Well maybe!...But a psychic person said he had a feeling through his talent, Tara could be near maybe something like an air field for man made gliders... Well guess what...the dump is near an old airport landing.

Those are really interesting pictures and thanks for posting them, Christine.

I can't believe that years go by and this case has never been solved. It's incredible. Someone has to know something.

I can't seem to get the Fire Report or any of the picture to work. Christine...do you have any idea why?

I also feel that house had a hidden fact to this case..and the dogs did find a sent of something.
I think Tara was put there until things smoothed over, so the perp was moving around town maybe even helping with looking for her as a fake helper...If he did not have a criminal past or nothing where they took DNA before ect you know what I mean, he could help even if he did give DNA so thats why nothing was found on him or her!.....This is one reason I am not sure if that fire was stated by the perp..I have a thought about it..I wonder if Tara was tied up, got loose but was to hurt to walk so she stated a fire to use as a signal..then the perp came back found her and they fought and she tried to get away and then thats when she met her last hour. If no gas was found or anything that could be used as a fire ignition starter thats why I wonder about who started that fire or how it was started! And remember Tara I believe was alive when she left....she must have gotten into a vehicle because her sent tracks where lost at the driveway......Anyway, My Gut feeling is: The burnt house had a ghostly story to tell!
I also feel HD was set-up, It's a gut feeling!I think Rothwell is straight on also more then one perp was involved in this case!

...................................................................................................
I do not bait...I only give a true heart felt opinion,with no-one being pointed at!I feel bad for the family who misses Tara and wish for a safe return or to her finding and when a person was almost in that same type situation: You know exactly how they feel and how frightening something like that is and all you want is the perp to be found, so no-one else is taken ever again!10-4!?Information brings hope, even sometimes when it don't make sense to others!!

could tara not have been at this house previousilly on her own will maybe as a rondaview spot as i am pretty sure i read this house was being watched by someone in LE well maybe marcus asked him if he and tara could use the place so that no one would see them alot of off and on again couples sneak around which might be why they would go here instead of her place. i just think when you start throwing out all these people that could be involved eventually someone is gonna speak up say at a bar while drunk. not much confidence here either in any dog hitting on anything after a tottal fire distruction thats asking alot ...just out of currosity does anyone know if tara had a crawl space in her home im the kinda person that sometimes i think the best hiding spot is right in plain sight and i know or have read that people say her house was not searched very well...just a thought.

Would someone refresh my memory on the house. Who is the owner of the car and the home? What distance was the home to any of the players? When did the fire take place?

Thank You.

It is my understanding that the fire at Snap Dragon was determined NOT to be related to Tara's case. There was a vehicle that was burned in the fire as well (the "caretakers" vehicle); this vehicle was due to be repossessed. The owner was a former LEO.

I am interested in Frank's comment that he believes HD was set-up. How so? Wrong thread, I know. HD placed himself at the scene (Tara's house) and had hours of alone time (no alibi for that time?). He's at the top of my POI list in this case.

To the poster who wondered if Tara and Marcus would have used this house to meet up...no need to. She had her own place.

The house was owned by an elderly woman, now living in Florida IIRC.

It is my understanding that the fire at Snap Dragon was determined NOT to be related to Tara's case.

There was a vehicle that was burned in the fire as well (the "caretakers" vehicle); this vehicle was due to be repossessed.

The owner was a former LEO.

I am interested in Frank's comment that he believes HD was set-up. How so? Wrong thread, I know.
HD placed himself at the scene (Tara's house) and had hours of alone time (no alibi for that time?). He's at the top of my POI list in this case.

To the poster who wondered if Tara and Marcus would have used this house to meet up...no need to. She had her own place.

The house was owned by an elderly woman, now living in Florida IIRC....

Bree, Very interesting info...especially this, quote, the vehicle that was burned in the fire (the

"caretakers" vehicle); was due to be repossessed and belonged to a former Law Enforcement Officer.

Bree0372, Are you saying the Caretaker of the house and property and owner of the car, was a former Law Enforcement officer??? If the answer is 'yes' this tells me he had keys to the house and vehicle.
What was the vehicle doing parked at the vacant house and NOT at his residence?

I assume that other people in Law Enforcement knew he was the caretaker of this vacant property.

First post on the board.

So what exactly in the genesis of the Snapdragon Rd. fire being connected to Tara's disappearance? I've listened to the Up and Vanished case, but I must have missed what connected the two together. Was it just town whispering from those in the know and it caught traction?

riraho,
Listen to the podcast again. The Snapdragon Rd fire and house was long suspected to have been connected to the case. Bree stated long ago that it had nothing to do with the case but now it sounds like there was absolutely evidence found there. If LE originally made the claim that it wasn't it was definitely done to throw off the perps. Maybe to make them feel like they got away with something. Simply by hearing this, it makes it feel like the GBI and the FBI may know exactly who did this....they just need the last piece of evidence to connect the dots. There must be something to the twelve people that are part of the note. The young man that killed himself may have actually known what happened. I think it is long suspected that they either A) know who it is and are just waiting for the right people to tell on themselves or slip up, or B) they actually have no idea. I am leaning towards A now. The sad thing is if they were waiting for them to implicate themselves...obviously that is not going to happen. I feel like they should drop some stuff to the public and let the pressure be applied that way. People don't do well with that kind of stress on them in a small town.

Thanks Mr. Intrigue. I was hoping to avoid going through the episodes -- they are pretty good, so it wouldn't be all that bad, although I have several children that take up a lot of time -- But my memory seems to just be: Hey-Tara went missing, Hey-there was a fire in the town, Hey-they must be related! I working feeling is that someone in town must have assumed this or it was the rumor around town and it gained steam from there.

As for the fire being related, I recall that the fire marshall said he found evidence in the burned out house that he gave to the GBI. I believe this evidence may have linked it to tara... I am having the hardest time deciding if it was burned up because the ex-cop did not want to return it to creditors, so he makes an insurance claim that probably paid off the creditors and then some, or is it because he was disposing of evidence. The GBI said they believed the cadaver dogs hit because of the septic lines... did they open up the septic tank? The mind boggles.

As for the fire being related, I recall that the fire marshall said he found evidence in the burned out house that he gave to the GBI. I believe this evidence may have linked it to tara... I am having the hardest time deciding if it was burned up because the ex-cop did not want to return it to creditors, so he makes an insurance claim that probably paid off the creditors and then some, or is it because he was disposing of evidence. The GBI said they believed the cadaver dogs hit because of the septic lines... did they open up the septic tank? The mind boggles.

If I'm not mistaken, it was the former officer's Explorer sitting beside the house that was going to be repossessed on Friday. The home belonged to two elderly ladies that were living in Florida at the time, IIRC. And the septic tank issue, I so wish I could tell you the source, but my memory is terrible at times. May have been on the podcast that I heard an expert stating that the septic tank/sewer line theory was far-fetched, that the home had been vacant for a while. Without regular use of either at or close to the time of the fire, that wouldn't be a logical conclusion. She said the same thing about a baby's diaper being changed in the area where the three dogs alerted - no way. Maybe someone else heard that as well and can confirm it for me. I really believe it may have been on the Up and Vanished podcast, the Snapdragon Fire episode. Hope that helps update you a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing, I know I also heard one of the handlers of the search dogs stating that he found something at the burned home that day, some type of evidence that he turned over to authorities. Again, fairly certain I got that info from the same episode as referenced above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The details on the dog searches are confusing since there were searches by multiple groups on different days.

IIRC at least two different people were interviewed in the podcast about dog searches from different days. There was a hit for accelerant on the drivers side of vehicle as mentioned also in the report and photos where samples were collected. Cadaver dogs hit near the fire place. The marked off area was sifted and no remains found.

One of the dog handlers interviewed, commented that there were bushes between the vehicle and the house and no fire trail. However, the pictures show the vehicle right next to the house and the ground was all scorched. The pictures also show the vehicle possibly being lifted and partially pulled onto a trailer. Maybe it had been moved by the time later search crews were sifting and combing the area.

The Fire Marshall interviewed on the podcast is said to be Vernon Singley, the original inspector who submitted the fire report. However, this is questionable as the person interviewed refers to Vernon (or oddly refers to himself in 3rd person) and was not aware of details that were clear in the report, such as the vehicle owner being Michael Lankford and the home owner living in Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back