IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're certainly correct on the ambiguity.

However, you're missing a possibility that I identified in my post - that there is a camera (on 10th St West of College, pointing East) that captures one of the sets of steps at 10th and College without capturing the corner itself. It's been said - and I don't recall where or how reliably - that the mystery witness saw LS on steps at 10th and College. There is more than one set of steps there, one of which is below the level of the sidewalk/corner, and it's possible that these are the steps to which the report referred. You can see both sets of steps in this Google Maps image: 10th street and college avenue bloomington indiana - Google MapsYou can toggle to the left and zoom in to see the camera I'm referring to (note that Google took the picture before the 10th and College Village Apts to the West were built). A better view of the camera, taken by Btown, is in the fifth picture on this page: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (just to the right of the rightmost circled camera, and note the near-side camera as well). I don't know that that camera would capture the lower steps - it seems to point to the garage entrance and the angle may be off - but it's possible that it covers the businesses and walkway closer to the corner, just as the arcade cameras on the College side do.

There are five sets of steps altogether; two of which are on the College side of the building and face east. No cameras are on these.

I'm assuming you're talking about EZ Pass for toll roads...? The only toll road that I know of in Indiana runs east-west along the northern border. He would not have been on that road, or at least very unlikely. His route likely would be Indianapolis and then 69 North to MI.

Doesn't one have to pay a toll when traveling across most state lines?

If I have been following correctly, Runcible Spoon is where DB made his tweet. I was wondering if they would have a camera on their parking lot. Then they could match cars from the lot against cars traveling at 4:30 in the morning. Just a thought.

Good thought but I looked and unfortunately did not see one. Hopefully LE has shown a photo of DB to the servers asking if they remember him. It's a small enough place.

I'm not sure, but I doubt they would have a camera. Do they even have a parking lot? The restaurant is in an old house on a residential street, with several of the houses converted into restaurants or shops. Whenever I have been there I've always parked on the street. Anything's possible of course, but it doesn't strike me as the type of place likely to have security cameras.

Yes, they have a parking lot in the rear. Runcible is on Sixth St., it's the only restaurant on the street. You may be thinking of Fourth St.

It's obviously a middle name to reduce attention to himself from people like us.. Same reason why DB's brother AB goes by the Adán Blezales on FB. Because they're sooooo smoooooooth and can't be found!

http://www.facebook.com/mr.bleznak

LOL, since DB's actual name showed up in my google search! Smooth all right!

I figured it was a middle or family name, but I thought it was odd since the FB group is so old and inactive. Why not just delete it?

Doesn't one have to pay a toll when traveling across most state lines?

Most? I don't know about 'most' since I've never crossed 50 state lines but I've driven (or been a passenger) from- Indiana to Texas without paying a toll... or from Indiana to Florida without paying a toll. Indiana to Missouri and no toll either. Indiana to North Carolina and no toll. And importantly to your point, Indiana to Michigan without a toll either. And that was all basically interstate driving. The only tolls I can remember was from Indiana to Montreal and it seems like we paid a toll in Penn and/or NY state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn