LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to disagree with SteveP from the last thread.

Assuming that all they found were bones, it is probably unlikely they were able to determine a a cause of death. JMO

Possibly unlikely, but not probably unlikely. JMO

~respectfully snipped

:what:Anybody else catch that BSL's wife was (likely) PREGNANT
at the time of the 2nd incident???

:maddening:moo
I saw that. She was approximately two months, which means that she knew she was expecting. Whether or not he knew was up for speculation, so I have to wonder if the second domestic violence report was due to him responding to the news. Just the timeline on him gives the appearance of a very unstable relationship with BSL constantly on edge and ready to blow.

FWIW I used to live very close to Sunset, La from 1990 to 1996, before moving to Lafayette, so I'm familiar with the area. I do find BSL's face very familiar and shudder to think he may have crossed my path or my children's. There was one teenager in our neighborhood who repeatedly got into trouble, tortured animals, etc. He would use fireworks and other things on them :( One sunny afternoon, when my little kids were playing in the yard and I was making dinner, the same teenager took my son and daughter away. I ran after him, thumped him in the back, screeching at him to find kids his own age to play with - and thank God, he never returned. It was not Brandon Lavergne I must add, but someone with similar behavior. :twocents:

I would like his army history and his work history added to that timeline. Also where he was incarcerated at and if he ever was off of the property at the prison. And exactly the date and time he was released from that prison. Also what properties he ever owned or rented. Someone said he was at one time in oakdale which is Allen Parish -- we left that parish out. I would also like to know on his job at Woods Group where he was payed to travel, reimbursed for mileage, etc. That will tell us if he was in tennessee, Florida, etc. or even in Indiana....I would like to have alone time with his GPS records.....:)

For the record, bones can be used to determine cause of death in the instance of brutal murders. Like stabbing, if a bone was nicked, blunt force trauma, certain other gruesome ways that may nick bone matter.. So yes it can be done but it really depends on the exact cause of death.

I saw that. She was approximately two months, which means that she knew she was expecting. Whether or not he knew was up for speculation, so I have to wonder if the second domestic violence report was due to him responding to the news. Just the timeline on him gives the appearance of a very unstable relationship with BSL constantly on edge and ready to blow.

Now, with a wife pregnant....and personal adoption issues..and abuse issues...there is bound to be elevated propensity for violence. This is a point where the adoption/rejection issues does matter.

Bad, bad leroy brown.

I'm going to have to disagree with SteveP from the last thread.

Possibly unlikely, but not probably unlikely. JMO

LE said they were unable to ascertain Lisa's cause of death.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19060497/lavergne-accused-of-murdering-lisa-pate

"Acadia Parish Sheriff Ken Goss was in office at the time and told Eyewitness News they were unable to tell from a preliminary examination of the remains how Pate was killed, but sheriff Goss says it was obvious from the boards that had been placed over the body it was foul play."

For the record, bones can be used to determine cause of death in the instance of brutal murders. Like stabbing, if a bone was nicked, blunt force trauma, certain other gruesome ways that may nick bone matter.. So yes it can be done but it really depends on the exact cause of death.

A fractured or crushed hyoid bone also indicates if choking/strangulation/garottes were used. However, if it was only soft tissue which was damaged in her killing, and there was no damage to clothing (did they even find clothing on the skeleton?), then that evidence would have decomposed in the hot and harsh Louisiana temperatures.

And in response to the last thread posted, someone mentioned a woman on katc claiming to have been planning on rooming with BSL and he stabbed her in the arm after she refused to sleep with him. I call BULL. This woman was the same woman who when Mickey first went missing, posted a katc comment claiming during Mickeys candle light vigil, she went snoop around the neighborhood. Upon doing so, she encountered an abandoned house with what appeared to be a gold and black bike in the backyard. Then a guy came around the corner, saw her, and ran. She made a huge deal about it. Sounds to me like a huge attention lover, and not the least bit truthful.

There are, no doubt, several black and gold bikes like Mickey's going around, so she could have been telling the truth. I wish we could install some kind of bullcrap detector on this website - it's hard to tell what's true sometimes.

:dunno:

They'll most likely just bargain with taking death off the table in exchange for life (or two life sentences) if he pleads guilty to both and gives the location of the body.

Seems a waste for society to pay for murders spending the rest of their lives in jail - IMO, once the appeals run out, they become organ donors - perhaps giving a bit of life back to someone in need...

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_...home_news_lead

"On the evening of Sept. 21, 1999, skeletal remains of a female were found in on Brigman Highway between the communities of Prudhomme and Pitreville, located in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

Discovered by the home’s renters about a month after moving in, Pate was identified through the work of Louisiana State University anthropologist Mary Mayheim and her team.

The renters, GL and a companion, stumbled upon the remains after deciding to explore the back yard that evening. There GL found three boards. He told police he moved the first board to investigate and found a human skull."

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Lavergne indicted

ETA Map link
http://goo.gl/maps/znfX

Somewhere in this stretch of Brigman I am guessing?

I picked this up from posts on other websites with regard to the property where LP's remains were found - not confirmed, so this should be considered a rumor:

The house and property were owned by the couple involved in the auto accident. BSL's first cousin was renting the house at the time.

"Acadia Parish Sheriff Ken Goss was in office at the time and told Eyewitness News they were unable to tell from a preliminary examination of the remains how Pate was killed, but sheriff Goss says it was obvious from the boards that had been placed over the body it was foul play."

I guess the other option is she voluntarily laid down and pulled some boards over herself.

I'm going to agree - probably foul play.

"...unable to tell from a preliminary examination...". Surely at some point a more thorough examination was conducted? Perhaps more details will emerge now that it's no longer a cold case?

Speculating about Pate's disappearance in June and estimated date of death on July 3. I wonder whether there was other evidence that helped investigators narrow the date of death... Botanical (plant) or insects, for example.

I think the point of discussing the LP case and where she was found would be to possibly shed some light on where Mickey might be found.

We know through MSM now that the property she was found on was a rented property. It was not suggested that the renter knew BSL at all. I doubt the renter did know BSL. The renter had only lived there a month. August/September? JMO
http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

It has been rumored that there was some connection between the owner of that rental property and BSL. Locals are stating there is a connection. I guess it is just a rumor that I cannot discuss at this point.

I cannot find the article on the accident June 19th on HWY 95 that according to locals on this thread BSL was allegedly involved in, so I am guess that is another rumor that we should not discuss?

I just feel that the connection between BSL and the property LP was found on, plus the location of the property might be important in helping LE find Mickey.

If any of this makes any sense at all.

I guess the other option is she voluntarily laid down and pulled some boards over herself.

I've employed some rather clever hide-and-seek strategies in my lifetime, but dying under boards was never one of them.

On another note: Sheriff Goss really went out on a limb with that foul play speculation there, eh?

Carried over from previous thread:

I ran across this by Human Rights Watch and thought I would share it, it may enlighten us all to see things from a different perspective. We have RSOs all around us if they serve prison time and are rehabilitated, life should go on for them, BL went directly to the 3rd tier. How do you ever start your life over, you spend 10 years sentence and all your neighbours are mailed out postcards about you, your drivers license is stamped SO and if a crime happens you're the first one they point a finger at. It needs to taught early on this type of behaviour is wrong, for if charged and found guilty the price you pay in the end is terrible.

US: Sex Offender Laws May Do More Harm Than Good

"The laws do not limit access to online registries: anyone with internet access can find out who is registered anywhere in the country. The consequences to registrants are devastating. Their privacy is shattered. Many cannot get or keep jobs or find affordable housing. Registrants’ children have been harassed at school; registrants’ spouses have also been forced to leave their jobs. Former offenders included on online registries have been hounded from their homes, had rocks thrown through windows, and feces left on their doorsteps. They have been beaten, burned, stabbed, and had their homes set on fire. At least four registrants have been targeted and killed by strangers who found their names and addresses through online registries. Other registrants have been driven to suicide."

http://www.hrw.org/news/2007/09/11/us-sex-offender-laws-may-do-more-harm-good

Oh those poor rapists! Such a pity that they're inconvenienced in these ways...

"...unable to tell from a preliminary examination...". Surely at some point a more thorough examination was conducted? Perhaps more details will emerge now that it's no longer a cold case?

Speculating about Pate's disappearance in June and estimated date of death on July 3. I wonder whether there was other evidence that helped investigators narrow the date of death... Botanical (plant) or insects, for example.

Insect activity evidence only works if the insect detritus (instar, cast sarcophogi, egg cases, guano, etc.) is either:

(a) interrupted, such as finding blowfly activity in a certain stage which, along with temperature readings, can tell how long a body has been somewhere (full adult blowflies are useless as they can come from anywhere and can fly for miles), or

(b) is season-specific, such as a certain type of cyanid which only flies for two-three weeks in September.

I think the point of discussing the LP case and where she was found would be to possibly shed some light on where Mickey might be found.

We know through MSM now that the property she was found on was a rented property. It was not suggested that the renter knew BSL at all. I doubt the renter did know BSL. The renter had only lived there a month. August/September? JMO
http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

It has been rumored that there was some connection between the owner of that rental property and BSL. Locals are stating there is a connection. I guess it is just a rumor that I cannot discuss at this point.

I cannot find the article on the accident June 19th on HWY 95 that according to locals on this thread BSL was allegedly involved in, so I am guess that is another rumor that we should not discuss?

I just feel that the connection between BSL and the property LP was found on, plus the location of the property might be important in helping LE find Mickey.

If any of this makes any sense at all.

Originally Posted by Mitzki5

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Summary=County&State=22
Here is the data posted last night about fatalities in 1999 in that area.

St Landry Parrish - #220299

JMO....but I don't think BSL will confess to anything....even if they take the death penalty off the table. My reasoning for this: If he committed more than just these two murders (which is a very high probability), he knows that it will be tacked on to the next victim that they link to him. I don't think he has anything to lose at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member