Larry Gattis

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Was Larry Gattis responsible or involved in Tara's disappearance?

(pic please?)

I am not sure if this guy is listed officially as POI....but he is BIL, doctor, and IIRC, failed LDT on question about having affair w/Tara......I am not a believer of LDT, but, I think he should be discussed.

I label him POI, for discussion purpose, at this time...I reserve the right to change my opinions ;)

I'm here. I'm not in jail," Gattis told Crime Library in a telephone interview this morning, after a weekend of wild rumors ripped through the small Georgia town and the blogosphere suggesting, among other things that the small town physician had been arrested. "They had me dragged out of my house in shackles, and some of them had the GBI...surrounding my house."
Like much in the lingering mystery of Tara Grinstead's disappearance, the rumors of Gattis' arrest that reached a boiling point this weekend were pure fantasy. Authorities have consistently maintained that they still have not conclusively determined what happened the to the now-31-year-old high school teacher who vanished Oct. 22 after the annual sweet potato festival and dinner with friends. They have no suspects, authorities have said publicly, though they are said to be pursuing some promising leads. And privately, they have noted that even if they did, it is doubtful that Gattis would be among them.

more here relating

1qfo85.jpg

Larry Gattis' photo

I would certainly not want to make reckless accusations. I would tell you that I've heard from many folks in the Ocilla/Irwin County area that Tara's brother-in-law is the target of a lot of suspicion and speculation.

I suppose if I had a favorite candidate, it would be him I have to say...

Was Larry Gattis responsible or involved in Tara's disappearance?

(pic please?)

I am not sure if this guy is listed officially as POI....but he is BIL, doctor, and IIRC, failed LDT on question about having affair w/Tara......I am not a believer of LDT, but, I think he should be discussed.

I label him POI, for discussion purpose, at this time...I reserve the right to change my opinions ;)

I couldn't find anything about this case on that link. Do you have a nutha?

Linkage

Here are some snippets from the story:

There were also a few puzzling details.

Her bedroom lamp, for example, was knocked askew. There was, of course, no way of telling when or how that had happened. What's more, her digital alarm clock had apparently fallen to the floor and was now six hours off, but authorities had no way of determining whether that any significance either. Perhaps the clock had simply stopped during one of the not- infrequent power outages the neighborhood had experienced. Or perhaps it meant something more. There was also the fact that the driver's seat on Tara's car had been pushed back further than the 5-foot-3 woman would have been likely to favor it. Again, the cops didn't know if it meant anything.

Finally, there was the glove, a latex glove, the kind worn by doctors, and paramedics and cops that was discovered on Tara's otherwise pristine front lawn.

Ok, first the lamp and alarm clock. The lamp may be the sign of a struggle. As far as the alarm clock goes I know that whenever my digital alarm clock goes off due to a power outage or being unplugged it flashes 12:00. I would hope the police tested it after dusting for FP and such.

The latex gloves point toward Harper or Gattis. I also have latex gloves in my house because I collect football cards to sell on eBay and I don't want to get the oils from hands on them. So they can be purchased at regular pharmacies.

Harper — who was shot in profile reportedly in part as a safety precaution because of his job as an independent contractor who has worked in Iraq — challenged the reports and said he had seen Tara about 9 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 14, a school day, when she turned up at his house. Harper said that Tara had threatened to commit suicide, though after a short interruption in the taping, Harper added that Tara had returned later that day and asked him for a hug, apparently indicating that it would be the last time.

Very suspect. What was she doing on his doorstep at 9am on a school day. I don't know much about this case except what's in that article but would she be able to be there at 9am without being missed at school?

How close does he live to the school?

Saying someone threatened to commit suicide seems like a way to innocently explain her disappearance. IMO, if someone is going to commit suicide because they are despondent over the breakup with someone they are going to do it where they can be easily found so to send a message to that person.

Also, if she was going to commit suicide in a remote area she would either need to drive somewhere or walk. Why was her car still there and why was the seat pushed back so far?

I hope the cops tested to approximate the height of someone who would be comfortable driving at that setting.

Officially, authorities say they are paying little heed to the chatter. But privately, they acknowledge that they are monitoring the blogs and the message boards in the hopes — however faint — that they may lead them to someone they haven't yet interviewed who may have some critical information.

Yeah! They read us!!

Friends, among them some who knew about Tara's unhappy romance, have told Crime Library that it is possible that she might have run away in a fit of despondency. Though they are loath to say it some even some friends admit that it is not entirely out of the question that the bright, articulate and fiercely religious young woman might have taken her own life.

As stated above the facts just don't point that way.

I live in Rochester, New York and in the late 80's and early 90's there was serial killer named Arthur Shawcross who was killing hookers.

One of the things that the LE people said, and they brought in profilers, was that a killer will usually dispose of a body in area they are familiar with.

It turned out a lot of his victims were found in areas he liked to fish in.

IMO, the most likely place to find her body is a place where the suspects frequent. Do they hunt in the wood if so where mostly? Does anyone have a cabin somewhere? Is there a place they like to swim? Is there a place, in Harpers case, that training sessions for the military were carried out?

The hardest part of proving Harper did it will be that his fingerprints and hair and other things won't be unusual in her house or car.

Now I can attribute the clock and the lamp to the cat, but now I am curious as to who first referenced the cat in relationship to those two items....if it was any of the usual suspects, then certainly the cat's responsibility might be minimized.

The scene inside the house was so compromised, it has to be virtually useless. Combine that with the guy who processed the car for GBI was someone Tara had filed a complaint against regarding unprofessional conduct, IIRC, so almost anything that was obtained from the car has to be taken with a grain of salt right??

What we have here is a boondoggle.

Now, if you were the perp and you were going to use a latex glove, would you double glove and have someone else's used glove on top??? Meaning the side that would have touched Tara? If she bit him hard, which I hope she did sorry to say, then perhaps she might have reached the perp. If it were Gattis or Harper, I would say they are more than smart enough to double glove....JMO.

Linkage

Here are some snippets from the story:

There were also a few puzzling details.

Her bedroom lamp, for example, was knocked askew. There was, of course, no way of telling when or how that had happened. What's more, her digital alarm clock had apparently fallen to the floor and was now six hours off, but authorities had no way of determining whether that any significance either. Perhaps the clock had simply stopped during one of the not- infrequent power outages the neighborhood had experienced. Or perhaps it meant something more. There was also the fact that the driver's seat on Tara's car had been pushed back further than the 5-foot-3 woman would have been likely to favor it. Again, the cops didn't know if it meant anything.

Finally, there was the glove, a latex glove, the kind worn by doctors, and paramedics and cops that was discovered on Tara's otherwise pristine front lawn.

Ok, first the lamp and alarm clock. The lamp may be the sign of a struggle. As far as the alarm clock goes I know that whenever my digital alarm clock goes off due to a power outage or being unplugged it flashes 12:00. I would hope the police tested it after dusting for FP and such.

The latex gloves point toward Harper or Gattis. I also have latex gloves in my house because I collect football cards to sell on eBay and I don't want to get the oils from hands on them. So they can be purchased at regular pharmacies.

Harper — who was shot in profile reportedly in part as a safety precaution because of his job as an independent contractor who has worked in Iraq — challenged the reports and said he had seen Tara about 9 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 14, a school day, when she turned up at his house. Harper said that Tara had threatened to commit suicide, though after a short interruption in the taping, Harper added that Tara had returned later that day and asked him for a hug, apparently indicating that it would be the last time.

Very suspect. What was she doing on his doorstep at 9am on a school day. I don't know much about this case except what's in that article but would she be able to be there at 9am without being missed at school?

How close does he live to the school?

Saying someone threatened to commit suicide seems like a way to innocently explain her disappearance. IMO, if someone is going to commit suicide because they are despondent over the breakup with someone they are going to do it where they can be easily found so to send a message to that person.

Also, if she was going to commit suicide in a remote area she would either need to drive somewhere or walk. Why was her car still there and why was the seat pushed back so far?

I hope the cops tested to approximate the height of someone who would be comfortable driving at that setting.

Officially, authorities say they are paying little heed to the chatter. But privately, they acknowledge that they are monitoring the blogs and the message boards in the hopes — however faint — that they may lead them to someone they haven't yet interviewed who may have some critical information.

Yeah! They read us!!

Friends, among them some who knew about Tara's unhappy romance, have told Crime Library that it is possible that she might have run away in a fit of despondency. Though they are loath to say it some even some friends admit that it is not entirely out of the question that the bright, articulate and fiercely religious young woman might have taken her own life.

As stated above the facts just don't point that way.

I live in Rochester, New York and in the late 80's and early 90's there was serial killer named Arthur Shawcross who was killing hookers.

One of the things that the LE people said, and they brought in profilers, was that a killer will usually dispose of a body in area they are familiar with.

It turned out a lot of his victims were found in areas he liked to fish in.

IMO, the most likely place to find her body is a place where the suspects frequent. Do they hunt in the wood if so where mostly? Does anyone have a cabin somewhere? Is there a place they like to swim? Is there a place, in Harpers case, that training sessions for the military were carried out?

The hardest part of proving Harper did it will be that his fingerprints and hair and other things won't be unusual in her house or car.

I lean toward Gattis for this for several reasons, mainly just a "gut" feeling, but if some of you will recall a while back there was a psycic that gave a decription of what she felt the person looked like and to me she hit Gattis on the head. I all ready leaned toward him for this but after that it was like a light bulb.

I have to say that at this very moment I am a little in shock! I just found out after reading this that my boss is Larry Gattis's brother. They do not speak and have not spoken for many many years, but it is a bit weird knowing that.

I'm not sure where the post was about the psychic but it was on here somewhere with a link. Esah or Concerned Person my remember. HELP US OUT!!!haha

Seems like it may have been forensic astrology or something, not quite sure. But I remember it saying that the man had light hair, broad shoulders, & was thin enough that is spine would be visable without a shirt on, that part sticks in my head.

I have to say that at this very moment I am a little in shock! I just found out after reading this that my boss is Larry Gattis's brother. They do not speak and have not spoken for many many years, but it is a bit weird knowing that.

K I know this is creepy of me, but wonder if he would be interested in talking about the case at all and his impressions???

Too insensitive of me???

K I know this is creepy of me, but wonder if he would be interested in talking about the case at all and his impressions???

Too insensitive of me???

No I don't think it is insensitive of you, but at the same time I don't think he will have much to say about it, he is a very quiet person who in all the time I have worked here have only spoke to him about 5 times, and he sits right below me every single day. Having said that I am probably the most interested in what he thinks, so I will do my very best to get his feelings on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back