AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of demanding justice is for the public to continue to demand answers for these (and other questions):
- what are the parents doing now to find their "disappeared" daughter besides fundraisers,
- what is the fundraising money purchasing (paying for Sergio's attorney to fight CPS and LE?)
- does one of the children have a mental health disorder (mood disorder specifically bipolar) which is known for having a strong genetic link (=mom and/or dad is likely afflicted),
- do the parents have mental health disorders and/or addiction problems which have dangerous mood swings when untreated and self-treated,
- were either of the parents self-medicating with alcohol for a mental disorder (specifically bipolar disorder) when Isabel disappeared,
- why is CPS involved in their home,
- and WHERE IS ISABEL

Pensfan-
I feel your frustration, and I also feel your questions are valid questions to ask!! It hurts me so bad to come here -knowing there is no news about this precious little girl.

bbm
Perhaps someone involved in crime doesn't want LE finding them or asking them more questions. Perhaps someone might believe one of Celis parents has an 'in' with LE and this person is afraid their identify will be shared with the Celis family.
If this is the mindset or belief of the person I hardly believe that they would ever even want, nor attempt to post their "tip" on a family/friend run Fb page such as what we are discussing..

If you don't want any chance your name might be released or written down, you don't give it out if you call in a tip. Simple as that. The number of people who read every page of the doc dump is fairly small. I didn't read but a few paragraphs.

If an ugly and out-of-control Facebook page would provide one clue that could help bring my daughter or your daughter home, we would not care.

Rebecca said, "Bring it on!". If she really wants a possible clue, she would tell her friends running those FB pages to let everyone freely post, IMO.

IMO -Rebecca said --"bring it on" until she is interviewed. Then she picks and chooses the questions that she will answer. I am not sure if that is the norm, but it doesn't sit quite right with me.

And you are right about the facebook page-let it all out there -if it brings Isabel home. That is what is supposed to be most important!!

If this is the mindset or belief of the person I hardly believe that they would ever even want, nor attempt to post their "tip" on a family/friend run Fb page such as what we are discussing..

Smooth Operator-

You might be right for all I know-but on the "off" chance that they would-wouldn't it be worth the risk if it brought Isabel home?

Yeah. I know that if I were one of the people who called in tips and was sitting there sunny-side-up and unredacted in the doc dump, I'd think twice about ever calling in a tip to LE ever again.

Anonymous, my patootie. They didn't even hide addresses and phone numbers for crying out loud!

PensFan, you made an excellent point and I agree 100%.

Yes... I don't think it's difficult to submit an anonymous tip. Thanks for your links.

Unfortunately, that anonymous internet tip info noted upstream a post or so did appear in the doc dump. I actually was looking for my own tips, and recognized the exact format in some other tips in the dump. Some tips may include enough info in the text fields to trace back to the tipster if they were to, say, write "Hi, my name is Sally Ride. I just wanted to pass along some information about Sergio. We went to school together and he... "

Makes you think twice about the definition of anonymous.

IMO -Rebecca said --"bring it on" until she is interviewed. Then she picks and chooses the questions that she will answer. I am not sure if that is the norm, but it doesn't sit quite right with me.

And you are right about the facebook page-let it all out there -if it brings Isabel home. That is what is supposed to be most important!!

Ugh. RC and SC are so full of chicory! I'm just waiting for LE to arrest them both and say "Oh, it's already been broughten!"

Bring it on, indeed!

If ugly or out-of-control things said about the family could make a difference and generate a clue, then surely it would have already been accomplished by what has so far been "speculated", "opined," "supposed" and "wondered about" on many forums including this one, in comments sections of news articles, and in lots of online places. And yet one more site...that being Facebook...is the missing link to solving cases? Better let LE know.

Yeah. I know that if I were one of the people who called in tips and was sitting there sunny-side-up and unredacted in the doc dump, I'd think twice about ever calling in a tip to LE ever again.

Anonymous, my patootie. They didn't even hide addresses and phone numbers for crying out loud!

PensFan, you made an excellent point and I agree 100%.

I would think that the people willing to give their names wouldnt care if anyone knew they were interviewed by LE.

But if they had called the tip line and didnt want to divulge their name they wouldnt have to. That is how all tip lines work that I have seen.

It is up to the caller.

IMO

If you don't want any chance your name might be released or written down, you don't give it out if you call in a tip. Simple as that. The number of people who read every page of the doc dump is fairly small. I didn't read but a few paragraphs.

Yes, but that is hardly an assurance of anonymity, and you have reinforced the point that many people who have potentially valuable info would not be forthcoming if they knew their calls would be made public.

JMHO

Yes, but that is hardly an assurance of anonymity, and you have reinforced the point that many people who have potentially valuable info would not be forthcoming if they knew their calls would be made public.

For goodness sakes if people are that paranoid then they're not going to help others very often, if ever.

One could write or type a note with the tip and mail it with no return address to the TPD. The tip would at least get in the hands of someone in LE where they could evaluate the info. When there's a will there's a way.

However, if someone is looking for a reason not to provide a tip, then they'll find one. Facebook is not going to be the tool that gives them warm fuzzies when Facebook is KNOWN for their privacy violations and is getting a lot of flack right now, in fact, for releasing yet another feature users don't want, didn't ask for, and violates privacy.

I would think that the people willing to give their names wouldnt care if anyone knew they were interviewed by LE.

But if they had called the tip line and didnt want to divulge their name they wouldnt have to. That is how all tip lines work that I have seen.

It is up to the caller.

IMO

But, they may not want to be interviewed via facebook or exposed via the laws that apply " insert state laws here" . imo,jmo and moo The Intranet gets ugly.

For goodness sakes if people are that paranoid then they're not going to help others very often, if ever.

One could write or type a note with the tip and mail it with no return address to the TPD. The tip would at least get in the hands of someone in LE where they could evaluate the info. When there's a will there's a way.

However, if someone is looking for a reason not to provide a tip, then they'll find one. Facebook is not going to be the tool that gives them warm fuzzies when Facebook is KNOWN for their privacy violations and is getting a lot of flack right now, in fact, for releasing yet another feature users don't want, didn't ask for, and violates privacy.

It is not a popular view, but many of us think there is more at play here than simply a missing girl. Potential witnesses or tipsters may actually be fearful of their lives or the safety of their own families.

But if that is just looking for excuses, well then, okay.

Personally I would not risk the safety of my own child to inform LE about potential info if I thought that some very bad people might retaliate.

ITA... However, LE or the Media ??? released private info on the tipsters IIRC via the doc. dump, intimidating imo and not proactive in generating leads. jmo imo and moo

IMO The media requested the reports with witnesses names included as they always do any any high profile case. The media can choose whether or not to redact the witness' names.
I am certain LE did what they had to do by law. They have been following the law by the letter.

IMO We don't see any names in the doc dump that were from any anonymous tip line. We see names of those who came into LE's line of vision by proximity or for some other reason or another.
One of the reports was generated from a caller who claimed a name that was false, claimed an address that was false, and made a claim against SC that was false.

JMO

Investigative Case Management for
Missing Children Homicides

This report discusses the findings of a three year research project that examined the
investigations of murders of more than 600 abducted children. The research was conducted by
criminal justice professionals with extensive murder investigation and research backgrounds.
The report is written for the homicide detective who is confronted with an unsolved case and for
the uniformed patrol officer who responds to the initial call of a missing or abducted child

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf

I hope you will find the time to read this...

It is up to the caller.

IMO

Unless they are illegal-and have more to lose by talking to police...:(

It also bothers me with such a large reward that noone has stepped up to collect it. Times are tough, and that is a lot of money...Someone-somewhere has to know what happened to Isabel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member