green_shannon3.jpg

green_shannon4.jpg

green_shannon_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 6, 1986 from Owensboro, Kentucky
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: September 21, 1969
Height and Weight: 5'4, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Green has red discolorations on the back of her neck and at the base of her hairline, and a light brown birthmark on the back of her right arm. Her ears are pierced.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gold chain with a heart pendant, black jogging shorts, an aqua green shirt and tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Green was last seen at approximately 12:30 p.m. in her hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky on July 6, 1986. She was walking from 2nd and Poplar Streets to 12th and Haynes Streets to visit a family friend, John Reneer, who lived approximately two miles from her location at that time. Green never arrived at her destination and has not been heard from again. A few days after Green's disappearance, a man who identified himself as "Dwayne" called her mother and said he and Green had run away to get married. The caller has never been identified and the message is now thought to be a hoax, possibly made to mislead the investigation. Another Owensboro teenager, DeWayne Bell, disappeared a few days after Green did. They knew each other. Investigators believe the cases may be linked and DeWayne possibly had knowledge of her disappearance. DeWayne and Green's disappearances may be related to the abduction of 23-year-old Mary Ethel "Angie" Dickens, who disappeared from Owensboro on June 17, 1986. Her body was found near a boat ramp on October 2 of that year. However, no connections have been proven. Authorities have long suspected that John Reneer was involved in Green's case. He is convicted murderer and sex offender and a former friend of the Bell family. He maintains his innocence and has identified DeWayne and his father, David Bell, as being involved in Green's case. Reneer claims DeWayne confessed to strangling Green in 1986 and implicated his father. Reneer stated he tape-recorded the confession and turned it over to police. The tape was apparently documented in police files but never saved, and records of it were not found until the fall of 2005. Reneer stated he wanted to kill DeWayne and David after hearing the confession, but never got a chance to do so. He has passed a lie detector test about his role in Green and DeWayne's disappearances. David, who moved to Arizona shortly after his son's disappearance, maintains his innocence in Green's case and stated that he did not believe DeWayne was involved in it either. He theorized that Reneer caused Green's disappearance and DeWayne found out about it and was murdered to ensure his silence. Investigators still believe Reneer was complicit in Green's disappearance, whether or not the supposed confession is true. Authorities also stated David gave inconsistent accounts of the events leading up to DeWayne's disappearance, but he has not been charged in that case or Green's. Green was a student at Owensboro High School at the time of her disappearance; she made good grades and had a steady boyfriend. She was initially thought to be a runaway, but foul play is now suspected in her case. In 2005, authorities searched for her body in a field across the railroad tracks near Kentucky 279. The search turned up no evidence, but investigators feel that Green's body was in the field at some point. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Owensboro Police Department
270-687-8888

http://charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_shannon.html

Today, July 7, 2007, marks the twenty-first anniversary of Shannon's disappearance. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Shannon Green, please call the Owensboro Police Department at 270-687-8888 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous)

I am researching the disappearance of Erica Fraysure on here and have been studying other cases with possible connection to hers, as well as Heather Teagues. I have been making a chart, and Shannon could possibly on there, and fits well in many aspects as a case that could be connected to Erica's, Heather's and Regina Cox as well. I am looking into homicides as well as other missing persons cases in SE IN and South OH. Any thoughts on this theory?
Any extra info/photo of Angie Dickens?
i will post my KY chart on here once finished!

I am researching the disappearance of Erica Fraysure on here and have been studying other cases with possible connection to hers, as well as Heather Teagues. I have been making a chart, and Shannon could possibly on there, and fits well in many aspects as a case that could be connected to Erica's, Heather's and Regina Cox as well. I am looking into homicides as well as other missing persons cases in SE IN and South OH. Any thoughts on this theory? Any extra info/photo of Angie Dickens? I will post my KY chart on here once finished!

I believe there is a connection to all of the disappearances that have occurred on both sides of the Ohio River.

Take a look at the photos of the following that have disappeared and compare it against each other.

Shannon Rena Green

green_shannon.jpg

green_shannon2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_shannon.html

Erica Lee Fraysure

fraysure_erica.jpg

fraysure_erica3.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fraysure_erica.html

Shaylene Marie Farrell

farrell_shaylene.jpg

farrell_shaylene2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/farrell_shaylene.html

Alana 'Laney' Gwinner

gwinner2nu.jpg

10337247_110748213447.jpg

http://www.stilltheyspeak.com/LaneyGwinnerStory.htm

Regina Renee Cox

cox_regina2.jpg

cox_regina5.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cox_regina.html

Here is my theory about the disappearances.

Looking at the photos, the hair styles of Erica Lee Fraysure, Shaylene Marie Farrell, and Shannon Rena Green are similar. And the hair styles of Alana 'Laney' Gwinner & Regina Renee Cox are similar.

Also, all of the women’s facial features look similar.

Here's another thing that I've noticed about the missing women: All went missing near a river.

Shaylene Marie Farrell, Piqua, OH & Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Fairfield, OH

Both were last seen near the Great Miami River.

Erica Lee Fraysure, Brookville, KY

She lived between the Ohio River and the North Fork of the Licking River.

Regina Renee Cox, Somerset, KY

She went missing in Somerset, Kentucky. Somerset is near the Cumberland River.

Shannon Rena Green, Owensboro, KY

She went missing in Owensboro, Kentucky. Owensboro is next to the Ohio River.

In all of the river areas where women have disappeared, all of the rivers flow into the Ohio River.

All are still missing except for Alana 'Laney' Gwinner. Alana's body was found in the Ohio River near Warsaw, Kentucky a month after her disappearance.

I believe there is a predator going after women in that region who have similar hair styles, facial looks, and lived near a river.

I believe there is a connection to all of the disappearances that have occurred on both sides of the Ohio River.

Take a look at the photos of the following that have disappeared and compare it against each other.

Shannon Rena Green

green_shannon.jpg

green_shannon2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_shannon.html

Erica Lee Fraysure

fraysure_erica.jpg

fraysure_erica3.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fraysure_erica.html

Shaylene Marie Farrell

farrell_shaylene.jpg

farrell_shaylene2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/farrell_shaylene.html

Alana 'Laney' Gwinner

gwinner2nu.jpg

10337247_110748213447.jpg

http://www.stilltheyspeak.com/LaneyGwinnerStory.htm

Regina Renee Cox

cox_regina2.jpg

cox_regina5.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cox_regina.html

Here is my theory about the disappearances.

Looking at the photos, the hair styles of Erica Lee Fraysure, Shaylene Marie Farrell, and Shannon Rena Green are similar. And the hair styles of Alana 'Laney' Gwinner & Regina Renee Cox are similar.

Also, all of the women’s facial features look similar.

Here's another thing that I've noticed about the missing women: All went missing near a river.

Shaylene Marie Farrell, Piqua, OH & Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Fairfield, OH

Both were last seen near the Great Miami River.

Erica Lee Fraysure, Brookville, KY

She lived between the Ohio River and the North Fork of the Licking River.

Regina Renee Cox, Somerset, KY

She went missing in Somerset, Kentucky. Somerset is near the Cumberland River.

Shannon Rena Green, Owensboro, KY

She went missing in Owensboro, Kentucky. Owensboro is next to the Ohio River.

In all of the river areas where women have disappeared, all of the rivers flow into the Ohio River.

All are still missing except for Alana 'Laney' Gwinner. Alana's body was found in the Ohio River near Warsaw, Kentucky a month after her disappearance.

I believe there is a predator going after women in that region who have similar hair styles, facial looks, and lived near a river.

At first I had trouble telling Erica and Shannon apart, I can't believe how similar these girls are! I also think there is something at work here. Who knows if this individual kept doing it or moved to another area since they obviously were not caught.
In a way, all these girls look similar. I wonder if cases from the 21st century in that area are also connected. (Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tuders and Bethany Markowski).

At first I had trouble telling Erica and Shannon apart, I can't believe how similar these girls are! I also think there is something at work here. Who knows if this individual kept doing it or moved to another area since they obviously were not caught.
In a way, all these girls look similar. I wonder if cases from the 21st century in that area are also connected. (Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tuders and Bethany Markowski).

You make an excellent point here. The cases very well could be connected by highway travel.

The area where Shaylene Marie Farrell, Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Erica Lee Fraysure, and Regina Renee Cox all disappeared are near Interstate 75.

The area where Shannon Rena Green disappeared is near Natcher Parkway. Natcher Parkway connects to Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. From Bowling Green, Interstate 65 takes you into Tennessee and Nashville.

I think the "eastern" cases could be due to Below, but not necessarily Cox. Somerset isn't really that close to I-75 or the area of the other disappearances.

As he was from Henderson, the "western" cases (i.e. Teague from Owensboro, very near Henderson) could be possible.

With Green, though, the missing boy (Bell) and/or his dad are likely involved in some way. Or else there wouldn't have been the confusion regarding his whereabouts.

I agree Erica and Shannon do look a lot alike they look like sisters!

Does anyone know how active any of these cases are, being they are still unsolved?

Updated Charley Project Link:

[h=1]Shannon Rena Green[/h]
  • shannon_rena_green_1.jpg
  • shannon_rena_green_2.jpg
  • shannon_rena_green_3.jpg
  • shannon_rena_green_4.jpg
  • shannon_rena_green_5.jpg
Shannon, circa 1986; Age-progression to age 47 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since 07/06/1986
  • Missing From Owensboro, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/21/1969 (48)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Black jogging shorts, an aqua-colored shirt, sneakers and a gold chain with a heart pendant.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Shannon has red discolorations on the back of her neck and at the base of her hairline, and a light brown birthmark on the back of her right arm. Her ears are pierced.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Shannon was last seen at approximately 12:30 p.m. in her hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky on July 6, 1986. She was walking from 2nd and Poplar Streets to 12th and Haynes Streets to visit a family friend, John Reneer, who lived approximately two miles from her location at that time. Shannon never arrived at her destination and has not been heard from again.

A few days after Shannon's disappearance, a man who identified himself as "Dwayne" called her mother and said he and Shannon had run away to get married. The caller has never been identified and the message is now thought to be a hoax, possibly made to mislead the investigation.

Another Owensboro teenager, David DeWayne Bell, who was addressed by his middle name, disappeared a few days after Shannon did. They knew each other, and were together at a mutual friend's home the day before she disappeared. Investigators believe the cases may be linked and DeWayne possibly had knowledge of her disappearance.

DeWayne and Shannon's disappearances may be related to the abduction of a 23-year-old woman who disappeared from Owensboro on June 17, 1986. Her body was found near a boat ramp on October 2 of that year. However, no connections have been proven.

Authorities have long suspected that John Reneer was involved in Shannon's case. He is convicted murderer and sex offender and a former friend of the Bell family. He maintains his innocence and claims DeWayne and his father, who was also called David DeWayne Bell and went by David, were involved in Shannon's disappearance. Reneer claims DeWayne confessed to strangling Shannon in 1986 and implicated his father.

Reneer stated he tape-recorded the confession and turned it over to police. The tape was apparently documented in police files but never saved, and records of it were not found until the fall of 2005. Reneer stated he planned to kill DeWayne and David after hearing the confession, but never got a chance to do so. He has passed a lie detector test about his role in Shannon and DeWayne's disappearance.

David, who moved to Arizona shortly after his son's disappearance, maintains his innocence in Shannon's case and stated that he did not believe DeWayne was involved in it either. He theorized that Reneer caused Shannon's disappearance and DeWayne found out about it and was murdered to ensure his silence. Investigators still believe Reneer was complicit in Shannon's disappearance, whether or not the supposed confession is accurate. Authorities also stated David gave inconsistent accounts of the events leading up to DeWayne's disappearance, but he has not been charged in that case or Shannon's.

Shannon was a student at Owensboro High School in 1986; she made good grades and had a steady boyfriend. She was initially thought to be a runaway, but foul play is now suspected in her case. In 2005, authorities searched for her body in a field across the railroad tracks near Kentucky 279. The search turned up no evidence, but investigators feel that Shannon's body was in the field at some point. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

http://charleyproject.org/case/shannon-rena-green

Shannon Rena Green
Photos and Age Progression of Shannon:

I pretty sure i can help you just give me more time

green_shannon.jpg

green_shannon2.jpg

green_shannon3.jpg

green_shannon4.jpg

green_shannon_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 6, 1986 from Owensboro, Kentucky
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: September 21, 1969
Height and Weight: 5'4, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Green has red discolorations on the back of her neck and at the base of her hairline, and a light brown birthmark on the back of her right arm. Her ears are pierced.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gold chain with a heart pendant, black jogging shorts, an aqua green shirt and tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Green was last seen at approximately 12:30 p.m. in her hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky on July 6, 1986. She was walking from 2nd and Poplar Streets to 12th and Haynes Streets to visit a family friend, John Reneer, who lived approximately two miles from her location at that time. Green never arrived at her destination and has not been heard from again. A few days after Green's disappearance, a man who identified himself as "Dwayne" called her mother and said he and Green had run away to get married. The caller has never been identified and the message is now thought to be a hoax, possibly made to mislead the investigation. Another Owensboro teenager,
DeWayne Bell, disappeared a few days after Green did. They knew each other. Investigators believe the cases may be linked and DeWayne possibly had knowledge of her disappearance. DeWayne and Green's disappearances may be related to the abduction of 23-year-old Mary Ethel "Angie" Dickens, who disappeared from Owensboro on June 17, 1986. Her body was found near a boat ramp on October 2 of that year. However, no connections have been proven. Authorities have long suspected that John Reneer was involved in Green's case. He is convicted murderer and sex offender and a former friend of the Bell family. He maintains his innocence and has identified DeWayne and his father, David Bell, as being involved in Green's case. Reneer claims DeWayne confessed to strangling Green in 1986 and implicated his father. Reneer stated he tape-recorded the confession and turned it over to police. The tape was apparently documented in police files but never saved, and records of it were not found until the fall of 2005. Reneer stated he wanted to kill DeWayne and David after hearing the confession, but never got a chance to do so. He has passed a lie detector test about his role in Green and DeWayne's disappearances. David, who moved to Arizona shortly after his son's disappearance, maintains his innocence in Green's case and stated that he did not believe DeWayne was involved in it either. He theorized that Reneer caused Green's disappearance and DeWayne found out about it and was murdered to ensure his silence. Investigators still believe Reneer was complicit in Green's disappearance, whether or not the supposed confession is true. Authorities also stated David gave inconsistent accounts of the events leading up to DeWayne's disappearance, but he has not been charged in that case or Green's. Green was a student at Owensboro High School at the time of her disappearance; she made good grades and had a steady boyfriend. She was initially thought to be a runaway, but foul play is now suspected in her case. In 2005, authorities searched for her body in a field across the railroad tracks near Kentucky 279. The search turned up no evidence, but investigators feel that Green's body was in the field at some point. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Owensboro Police Department

270-687-8888

http://charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_shannon.html

The transcript of the Reneer/Bell tape can be found at 14 News Investigates: Killer Confession . It does seem as if Reneer may be an innocent third party in this case (apart from failing to disclose evidence at the time, which is understandable). An interesting question is around the admissibility of the tape as evidence (against David Bell). Given the complexities of admissibility, and the status (declared dead or otherwise) of DeWayne Bell, I have no idea of how and when LE could use the tape in a case.

It is my personal opinion that Dewayne Bell's father, David Bell, is the person who was complicit in Shannon's death, and was also involved in Dewayne's death/disappearance.

Dewayne Bell by most accounts killed Shannon, even showed John Reneer where the remains were. Dewayne also confessed to John about killing a Tennessee woman and her infant child, disposing of them in the same vicinity, as well as Angie Dickens.

John Reneer confronts David Bell with the confession tape, soon afterwards David Bell leaves for Arizona. I believe John Bell killed Dewayne, removed the remains of Shannon, and quite possibly disposed of the bodies somewhere between Kentucky and Arizona.

Only reason I suspect this is because police have done extensive searches in the cornfields on 279, and have uncovered nothing.

Shannon Rena Green MP5199
DDBE649A-1D82-49A1-B826-F0B6827DFD7E.jpegD11CAEA3-A480-4C19-A90F-8346ECE5A530.jpeg
324393B5-96D4-4715-9A13-6620197B98A6.jpegCACFFA65-C8C5-4452-997A-851BF0F8072D.jpeg
Missing Person Exclusions per NamUs
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP1567 06/01/1987 Knox TN
UP4778 06/16/1987 Lucas OH
UP4768 04/19/1990 Licking OH
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP5174 04/09/1995 Pittsburg OK
UP5174 04/09/1995 Pittsburg OK
UP5325 05/01/1995 Champaign IL