2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

thought I heard the same thing...that he came from one of them....hmmmm--but then again he was only supposed to be there for PR purpose only--perhaps between the "Caylee alive" presser and LE "know more" not to mention all the other potential legal issues got out while he could....jmo but good for him....

Never Lose Hope Foundations was paying him. Read that somewhere, and know for sure it was that foundation not KidFinders.

Personally, I think this is one of the sadder moments in this case. I really thought that if anyone stood a chance of helping the A's through this nightmare it was MN. His quiet and gentle manner seemed to be just what they needed. I was not surprised at all when it appeared that TM and MN became friends, because to me, they both seem to have gentle and good hearts.

I believe the A's need sensible support to move through this nightmare in their own way and a helping hand to assist them in refraining from "impeding" investigation.

I am sorry that the A's have lost MN as a counselor and advisor.

Salem

snipped:
Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is.

I love this part of the statement. :clap:

:eek:

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

Wow! I don't think I could've seen this coming at all. I thought MN was completely on-board for this ride. I wonder what the last straw was for him?

GEEEEEZZZ!! Just logged on, saw this thread and my jaw is on the floor as well!:eek:

Now to go read the article.....

I wonder, what with the LE statement that the A's are not cooperating, the new PR hype and, recent statements whether the A's are on dodgy legal ground and risking further implicating themselves?

It does seem that MN is fed up with giving advice and the A's running their mouths at every opportunity and now they are totally in bed with KFN.

The statement by LE on Caylee's fate is very clear. Another credible character down.

Personally, I think this is one of the sadder moments in this case. I really thought that if anyone stood a chance of helping the A's through this nightmare it was MN. His quiet and gentle manner seemed to be just what they needed. I was not surprised at all when it appeared that TM and MN became friends, because to me, they both seem to have gentle and good hearts.

I believe the A's need sensible support to move through this nightmare in their own way and a helping hand to assist them in refraining from "impeding" investigation.

Salem
MN was a very good sensible helping hand and they didn't listen to him -

ITA - and as for the part I bolded all this means to me is that this was just the A's back door way of hiring an attorney (that they couldn't afford) with donation money that was meant to help find Caylee. :furious:

YOU are exactly right.
More goodies and profit at Caylee's expense. :furious:

Salem

The problem is, they don't WANT real help! They want the people around them to toe the line of THEIR agenda, and if they don't, they "body slam" them. How do you help people who will viciously turn on you for that very help? I think they both need to get some serious mental health treatment.

In my opinion think he has reasonably concluded that most, if not all, of his clients' behaviors are focused far more on presenting a defense (doubt/jury) for KC,. rather than a true search for Caylee -- which violates his two criteria for involvement.

Isn't it amazing how everyone sooner or later abandons this family. I've read many people questions, where is the extended family and friends supporting the Anthony's? I truly believe they do not have any friends (other than KidFinders felons) and have alienated any family. This, I believe, is because they are sick, sociopathic bullies and sooner or later EVERYONE tires of it and realizes that their life is better without these folks (the whole A clan). Cindy is a Class A Bully. She was bullying KC when she made that 911 call, never intending it to turn out as it had. She clearly bullies GA. And Tim, and LP and ANYONE that doesn't buy her lies. She is really really sick and I do not believe that these behaviors just began after finding out Caylee was missing and KC killed her (yes, I truly believe she is aware of this and so does Mark NeJame from what I interpret from his statement). I know that there has been debate about whether a socio/psychpath is born that way or his/her enviroment creates them; but in this individual case I truly believe that KC is a product of Psycho Cindy and that she learned these behaviors (lying, stealing, selfishness, do anthing to get what SHE wants) from her mother. And GA, he too is a sick man. Perhaps it is battered wife/husband syndrome, or perhaps he too is a sociopath - either way there is something wrong with him. JMO
Hi MySonsMom! I was about to post almost the very same words! lol!
It is amazing that everyone that come into contact with the Anthonys is sooner or later gone from their lifes! that alone really makes a statement. A really big statement too!
In such a tragic situation as this one, you would expect a family to be surrounded by friends and loved ones. And sad, but true, they don't have any! That is so strange for me to see. No friends, wow! That speaks volumes.
We don't even have to ask or wonder why. The answer is right in front of us, every time one of them goes on tv with their outrageous statements.
Yes the entire family has some huge issues! And I would say that Cindy is the major cause for this family's isolation... just my humble opinion!

I can't say I am really surprised. Not many people want to be associated with the circus. It is plain if you do not agree with CA then she will bash you to then end.

Everyone but KF and the A's know that the baby is not alive, so I have no idea why they keep on.

Let's not forget that NeJame was hired by NLHF to represent the A's. ETA: not hired to represent NLHF

This is from NeJame's own web site: http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm

<snipped>
"Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple."

Now, to understand the connection of NLHF & KFN, go to the Kid Finders threads (most info in the 1st thread IIRC) here at WS.

Think a little out of the box folks. IMO he is telling us more than what has already been surmised here.

I'm very proud of him for handling it in this way, although it does appear to be unorthodox. Wish I could stay around today to see what else will hit the fan but I just gotta clean my house today!

I think he's quiting because of the news conference.

Yes, it seems strange that the A's cancelled the NG and CNN shows last weekend, then the presser was delayed because MN was on travel -- maybe he was advising them against and that KFN/Bart has their claws in because that's what CA wants to believe -- they are playing her.

I think MN wants everyone to back off and let the A's come to terms and do the right thing for Caylee.

It doesn't look good when the car still smells and LE makes a point blank statement.

Let's not forget that NeJame was hired by NLHF to represent the A's.

This is from NeJame's own web site: http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm

<snipped>
"Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple."

Now, to understand the connection of NLHF & KFN, go to the Kid Finders threads (most info in the 1st thread IIRC) here at WS.

Think a little out of the box folks. IMO he is telling us more than what has already been surmised here.

I'm very proud of him for handling it in this way, although it does appear to be unorthodox. Wish I could stay around today to see what else will hit the fan but I just gotta clean my house today!

Aww, Bobo, what will one more day hurt!

The problem is, they don't WANT real help! They want the people around them to toe the line of THEIR agenda, and if they don't, they "body slam" them. How do you help people who will viciously turn on you for that very help? I think they both need to get some serious mental health treatment.
I totally agree with you!
And if they were kicking themselves for what they didn't do for Caylee before she went missing, they will be really upset about what they did after she went missing when it gets around to the trial. Makes me wonder if LA went away for work or to just get away?

I believe that part of the reason he was originally hired was for damage control - take the focus off of CA and GA and keep it on Caylee - I believe he quit because they wouldn't listen to him and wouldn't stay out of public eye and wouldn't stop giving interviews and basically wouldn't
shut up
That's exactly it. His role was mostly to keep them from further damaging their reputation, so that the focus would be on finding their granddaughter and not on the antics of the family. But, they failed to follow his advice and that is one of the greatest reasons for withdrawing as counsel. If you can't control your client, then they are really paying for nothing. The clients need to follow the attorney's advice in order for the attorney to be able to effectively represent them. I think the letter MN released was unusual it normal cirucumstances, but since this case has national attention, it's not so strange. His letter did not breach confidentiality so I think it's not innappropriate.

Salem
I agree Salem. I think Mr Nejame had their best interest at heart, and he was an honest and sincere person.
They may eventually regret losing his support.

Sounds like he wanted to do this before the presser tomorrow. This can only mean it's gong to be a good one filled with many "anthony mis-truths"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back