GUILTY CA - Madison Ruano, 2, killed by driver eluding police, Lancaster, 6 Dec 2012

sweetsavi

Reaction score
the toddler killed is my good friend's niece. She needs justice!

228248_541763135851869_7321962_n.jpg

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lancaster-pursuit-crash,0,2631129.story
LANCASTER, Calif. (KTLA) -- A 2-year-old child is dead and her mother was hospitalized after a pursuit suspect broadsided their car in Lancaster.

The crash happened just before 5:00 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of 10th Street West and Avenue I.

A Los Angeles County sheriff's detective driving back from court spotted a two-door Toyota speeding down Sierra Highway just before Avenue J.
The detective saw the Toyota cross the road's center divider, authorities said, but he could not chase the suspect because he was not in a patrol car.

He notified other units in the area, and members of a sheriff's gang task force pursued the car.

By then, the Toyota driver was speeding down Avenue I at 70 to 85 mph, authorities said.

Police say the suspect ran a red light at 10th Street West and I Avenue, and slammed into a car carrying a 37-year-old Lancaster woman and her toddler.

The toddler was pronounced dead at Antelope Valley Hospital. Her mother was hospitalized in serious condition, but is expected to survive.

The driver has been identified as 45-year-old Marvin Hicks, of Palmdale. He was also hospitalized, but his injuries were not serious.

He has since been released and booked for vehicular manslaughter at the Antelope Valley Jail. He is being held on $1 million bail.

What a beautiful little baby. Praying for Justice.

RIP little angel....
And my prayers to the family ....

That is just so sad....

Blessings

Micci

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry, praying for her mom and all of you, and for justice for this beautiful child
lost too soon.

I've had the hardest time with this one :( I'm local and that sweet girl looks way to similar to my own baby. Praying for that mama and family. I can't even imagine.

I've had the hardest time with this one :( I'm local and that sweet girl looks way to similar to my own baby. Praying for that mama and family. I can't even imagine.

I'm also local. This just breaks my heart. My prayers are with this little angel and her family. Sleep in the arms of angels little one.

The Toyota’s driver, identified Friday as 45-year-old Marvin Hicks, was fleeing deputies at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour at the time of the crash, authorities said.

He was booked at Lancaster Sheriff’s Station for vehicular manslaughter and evading a peace officer and is being held on $1 million bail, Ruiz said.

Hicks has a criminal history dating back to 1995, according to Los Angeles Superior Court records.

In June of 1995, Hicks was convicted of reckless driving; in August that same year, Hicks was convicted of misdemeanor hit and run; in October of 2001, Hicks was convicted of driving under the influence; and in April of this year, Hicks was convicted of vandalism, according to court records.

Hicks was also held to answer to an attempted burglary charge in December of 2011; and in October of this year, Hicks was charged with battery and being under the influence of a controlled substance, according to court records.

Hicks may also have been under the influence of a controlled substance during Thursday night’s collision, Ruiz said.

http://www.theavtimes.com/2012/12/07/memorial-established-for-toddler-killed-in-crash/

http://www.theavtimes.com/2012/12/06/lancaster-toddler-killed-by-driver-fleeing-police/

How horrible and I'm so sorry for the loss of this beautiful little girl and her mother's injuries...hopeful for a recovery but know she will never be the same....

With all his past charges, this man should get life in prison for this murder....I don't care what they call it..

RIP little one....

How horrible and I'm so sorry for the loss of this beautiful little girl and her mother's injuries...hopeful for a recovery but know she will never be the same....

With all his past charges, this man should get life in prison for this murder....I don't care what they call it..

RIP little one....

Agreed. He's obviously very dangerous and should have never been out in the first place. When you show so much disregard for human life (even based on repeated traffic violations as a car can be used as a weapon) then you have no place in society to harm innocent people like this man did.

R.I.P. little angel. Praying super hard for your mommy and Justice for you.

From October 2014:

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2014/10/10/man-sentenced-22-years-life-term-crash-killed-2-year-old-girl/

A Palmdale man who led sheriff’s deputies on a high-speed pursuit in Lancaster that ended in a crash that killed a 2-year-old girl and seriously injured her mother in December 2012 was sentenced Friday to 22 years to life in state prison.

Superior Court Judge Kathleen Blanchard imposed the term on Marvin Travon Hicks, 47, who was convicted a week ago of second-degree murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back