GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

Since I would think they would have some fingerprints from the scene if the person is in the military I will be surprised if an arrest is not made very soon. They need to tie up the lose ends, but I think they have a pretty good idea of who the perp is ..if they collected evidence from a home of someone from Fort Bragg.

Surely you don't think that the military is above the citizens? In America? You're just kidding around...right? :)

Perhaps you've selected the wrong adjective. Just because citizens choose to serve in the military does not make them subservient. Surely, you don't think you are better than people who chose careers in law enforcement, military or as elected officials, do you?

Main Entry:
sub·ser·vi·ent Listen to the pronunciation of subservient
Pronunciation:
\-ənt\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin subservient-, subserviens, present participle of subservire
Date:
circa 1626

1 : useful in an inferior capacity : subordinate 2 : serving to promote some end 3 : obsequiously submissive : truckling
— sub·ser·vi·ent·ly adverb
synonyms subservient, servile, slavish, obsequious mean showing or characterized by extreme compliance or abject obedience. subservient implies the cringing manner of one very conscious of a subordinate position <domestic help was expected to be properly subservient>. servile suggests the mean or fawning behavior of a slave <a political boss and his entourage of servile hangers-on>. slavish suggests abject or debased servility <the slavish status of migrant farm workers>. obsequious implies fawning or sycophantic compliance and exaggerated deference of manner <waiters who are obsequious in the presence of celebrities>.

Please excuse me if this has already beed posted/asked but.. The person who wrote the letter said that he put a zodiac sign on Megans mirror using lipstick. Was there one on her mirror? Was that information made public? Or was that ONLY something the killer and LE knew about?

Please excuse me if this has already beed posted/asked but.. The person who wrote the letter said that he put a zodiac sign on Megans mirror using lipstick. Was there one on her mirror? Was that information made public? Or was that ONLY something the killer and LE knew about?

Made public AFTER the note was received by the newspaper. Seems LE didn't want to disclose this at first.

Oooh interesting. So the letter writer has to be the killer or how else would he have known about the lipstick zodiac sign?!?!

Made public AFTER the note was received by the newspaper. Seems LE didn't want to disclose this at first.

Fort Bragg Soldier Named Person of Interest in Pregnant Army Dentist's Death

A soldier at Fort Bragg in North Carolina is a person of interest in the death of a pregnant servicewoman whose body was found in a motel bathtub a week ago, a military spokesman said Saturday.

The soldier is training at a school where special operations ranging from raids to reconstruction projects are taught, said Lt. Col. John Clearwater, a spokesman for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command. The soldier is studying psychological operations.

"We understand and are aware that a soldier assigned to the command as a student for training is a person of interest. We are not aware of any charges," Clearwater said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373383,00.html (Bolded by me)

This could certainly explain the copycat Zodiac letter. I didn't see this posted earlier here...if so I must have missed it.

Has anyone questioned why an alleged serial killer, who has murdered across many states and not been arrested, would suddenly lay claim to one murder, and make vague claims of other murders- both by use of the zodiac symbol in the room and the use of the symbol in the letter?

The letter was a ruse, the use of the symbol was a ruse IMO. The zodiac symbol has been widely used in movies, books and other places and just kind of represents "serial killer." Whoever used it was hoping to throw LE off track, maybe a desperate attempt to stop them from looking at someone with a relationship with her. I do think the letter was sent by the killer, but I don't think the killer is a serial murderer.

If I am correct about the use of ruses, then you have to be guarded about online comments that claim info about the murderer. They could be true. But they could also be diversions hoping that LE will hear and that they will divert them to another person with some type of relationship to Megan.

Has anything been said about why Megan Touma was at the motel? Was she staying there while in training? Or was she staying elsewhere and this was a one time thing? If this was not her regular place to stay, then why would she go there that time? Was this a place that she normally met with the father of the baby?

I heard on the news that she chose to stay at the $85 per night hotel rather than live in free base housing. She couldn't have been making much money.
IMO she had plans to meet somone who would've been recognized on base.

The fact that Megan was staying at a hotel does not strike me as odd at all. When you PCS it's normal to stay in a hotel for weeks & sometimes months depending on the housing situation in the area and your prefrence. Some people will wait in a hotel until base housing comes available some will just go rent off base. The Army pays you for this.

The fact that Megan was staying at a hotel does not strike me as odd at all. When you PCS it's normal to stay in a hotel for weeks & sometimes months depending on the housing situation in the area and your prefrence. Some people will wait in a hotel until base housing comes available some will just go rent off base. The Army pays you for this.

It was stated this was her preference and that housing on base was available. She was paying for this room for a few days..that was stated also. The day they found her was the last day she was registered to be at the hotel..per the hotel. I think she was returning to base housing at that time..they have said that was available to her from the start. I think she did this to have a few days with this person of interest before going to base housing.

I hope they have everything they need to pick him up and arrest him..no waiting around for him to go on leave.

I heard on the news that she chose to stay at the $85 per night hotel rather than live in free base housing. She couldn't have been making much money.
IMO she had plans to meet somone who would've been recognized on base.

Thank you PT, that was the point I was getting at. If the baby's Daddy was married, she wouldn't want to meet him on base there would be talk and problems.

The number one cause of death for a pregnant woman is not childbirth or heart disease. The number one cause is death at the hands of a relative or relative of one of her children (or the male part of the pregnancy). Who would know she was in that motel and in that particular room, since she hadn't been there that long?

Does anyone know anything about the motel in question? Anyone ever stayed there? How big is it, how busy? Is it likely to have cameras?

There have been very few serial killers who have actually laid claim to their murders via contact with the media. And those that do usually do so early on, not after they have "killed other women in other states." I too believe that the serial killer aspect is a ruse.

IMO, it seems the POI got awfully lucky that Megan wasn't reported AWOL in a timely manner. Who had the responsibility of reporting her AWOL? What is the chain of command for that sort of thing? What if the POI was a link in that chain and kept her absence under the radar for as long as possible?
Just a thought....

IMO, it seems the POI got awfully lucky that Megan wasn't reported AWOL in a timely manner. Who had the responsibility of reporting her AWOL? What is the chain of command for that sort of thing? What if the POI was a link in that chain and kept her absence under the radar for as long as possible?
Just a thought....

It wouldn't shock me to find that out. Cesar Laurean was the link in the commanding chain that effected how the Maria Lauterbach case was handled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back