2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they have to release what they intend to use at trial???

Or did I imagine that?:confused:
They most specifically do have to release (discovery) what they intend to use at trial. It's what they don't intend to use that they might get a pass on.

As ecs pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, LE has some wiggle room as far as when they release discovery documents. They can maintain that the info is still 'under investigation' and temporarily delay release.

They most specifically do have to release (discovery) what they intend to use at trial. It's what they don't intend to use that they might get a pass on.

As ecs pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, LE has some wiggle room as far as when they release discovery documents. They can maintain that the info is still 'under investigation' and temporarily delay release.

Thanks, fortytwo, so I got it backwards as usual!

I hope LE takes their sweet time "investigating"!:innocent:

Thanks, fortytwo, so I got it backwards as usual!

I hope LE takes their sweet time "investigating"!:innocent:
Quoting myself to add this for clarification.

The other thing that LE has to release, or turn over to the defense is any info they have discovered which may be exculpatory (indicative of the defendant's innocence). I'm not certain what Florida's standards are to determine this. It varies from state to state, and I think that in some states it is up to the prosecution's discretion to determine whether or not evidence is exculpatory.

Okay would this finally explain why the garden sprayer things(pesticide bottles) were taken from the A's home? When was this diary found and when were the sprayer things taken out of the home? I can't remember off hand and it's almost past my bedtime so I don't wanna go digging lol.

I wondered at the time why LE was taking the pesticide bottles!

Kathy Belich said tonight that she didn't think the prosecutors would hold back and just release part of the diary to the defense/public but I have to disagree. I think they have been very sly about what to release and when......I've seen it all along in this case. I would do the same thing if I were on their team.

After throwing this out to the public, I am afraid it will be put up or shut up time for the SA. They can't play hide the ball and then go public. If they have a leak from within the state they just screwed up big time.
In any other state there would be sanctions I think.
All these talking heads and news people will lose this case yet. JMHO, of course.

Alleged baby killer Casey Anthony kept a gruesome “paint by numbers” diary describing how, when and where she murdered her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, says a source who claims prosecutors will enter the 14-page, hand-written journal into evidence at Anthony’s trial for murder.

“… the little snot … I’ll fix her …” the diary is alleged to say in part.

“First, a little cloroform (sp) and then (illegible). She won’t know. She’ll be a lot better off …”

Authorities declined to comment on the source’s report, but they did say that “anything pertinent to the case will be presented” as evidence in court.

http://derekclontz.wordpress.com/20...source-and-weve-got-world-exclusive-excerpts/

Folks, this is bullsh!!t.

If someone already read the "about" section of Derek Klontz's website, sorry I'm bringing this up again, but it says he used to be the editor of "Weekly World News". This is the tabloid with headlines like "90 year old woman gives birth to litter of aliens!" You know which one I'm talking about??

It also says he's an herbalist. Perhaps he's partaking in a little too much of his "herbs".

Are you all telling me that NG is using that guy's blog as her source??? Oh man, haven't people here on WS discredited just about everything that he has said. NG has sunk to a new low if she is using this guys rantings - and the blog is from back in Jan. as a poster said earlier.

This is beyond silly. So much for credible journalism on NG tonight.

:clap::clap::clap:

Love your frankness! :D

If someone already read the "about" section of Derek Klontz's website, sorry I'm bringing this up again, but it says he used to be the editor of "Weekly World News". This is the tabloid with headlines like "90 year old woman gives birth to litter of aliens!" You know which one I'm talking about??
Oh, I didn't know that's where he came from ..
Hmmmmm .. :waitasec:
That's one wierd "newspaper" ..

It also says he's an herbalist. Perhaps he's partaking in a little too much of his "herbs".

Nothing wrong with a little herb! :D

Fro this same blog -- Millions of people think John F. Kennedy is dead and buried but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the former U.S. president faked his death in Dallas in 1963 and with the help of Kennedy family operatives and key government officials, arranged for a wax dummy to be buried in his place.

Blaise

Fro this same blog -- Millions of people think John F. Kennedy is dead and buried but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the former U.S. president faked his death in Dallas in 1963 and with the help of Kennedy family operatives and key government officials, arranged for a wax dummy to be buried in his place.

Blaise

***thud***

MamaB, the original deal offer was a discussion initiated by JB end of Sept or beginning of Oct, then he let it drop. Nothing else that I recall has been reported or published about a deal beyond that.

There may well have been further plea discussions, but not any that seem to have been out there publicly. JB may have presented an offer to KC, but she's going full throttle because she's deluded.

As for DP still being off the table if such diary pages exist, the DP was taken off the table before the find, and was taken allegedly due to Mental health considerations (bi-polar was mentioned, but I don't think it was substantiated.)

I've always figured that they haven't put DP back on the table because mental health diagnosis still exists.

Remember, John Couey got the DP, even with his "handicap" (lack of better word).

This is interesting (from NG transcripts of 3/18/09 show posted this AM):
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/18/ng.01.html

"GRACE: Straight out to Kathi Belich with WFTV. Kathi, what can you tell me about diary entries in a diary that apparently spans years? Reports surfacing that tot mom described why Caylee was killed and also detailed notes on chloroform and pesticides?

KATHI BELICH, REPORTER, WFTV, COVERING STORY: That`s right. There is a report out about those things that supposed missing pages in Casey`s diary have surfaced and that these things that you just mentioned are in those pages.

What I can tell you is, when that part of the diary was released, if there was more to be released, it probably would have been released at that time. Prosecutors wouldn`t play games with evidence and pick and choose part of the book to be released now and part of the book to be released later.

From what we understood back then, those pages were missing when investigators found that book. And that`s what they have."

This makes it sound like Kathi B does not believe in the existence of the "missing pages" doesn't it? I really misinterpreted her last night; I thought she was promulgating the theory. :waitasec:

After throwing this out to the public, I am afraid it will be put up or shut up time for the SA. They can't play hide the ball and then go public. If they have a leak from within the state they just screwed up big time.
In any other state there would be sanctions I think.
All these talking heads and news people will lose this case yet. JMHO, of course.

At one of the earlier hearings the judge asked JB about his verbal motion for change of venue. JB said he was certainly going to file one. The judge asked the prosecution for their take and she said she felt is was premature because this case could "change dramatically" before trial (my words, not quoting) and I felt then that the prosecution had solid evidence of Casey's guilt. I have prayed for just such evidence to be released. Whether they're forced to give it by a leak or do it by plan really doesn't matter - just that they do it! Also, they certainly seem to be working a plan, releasing just enough to be building toward a denouement but not enough to put an end to the case. Anyone else remember that hearing? MHOO Go Granny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer