Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i have read first 25 pages of the thread, this is incredible guys, i live in little river sc, just few miles north of myrtle beach,, i have been following this case since the beginning.. i really admire what you guys are doing here! keep it up, may be i could help sometime in search parties?

Hi Jake! Welcome!

We would absolutely love for you to help when you have the time. Because of the recent arrests, some of the search groups believe that we should step back for a little bit until things are more safe, but you can bet we will be out there posting flyers and searching just as soon as we get the 'all clear'. (some people completely disregard the warnings and continue to search and post flyers regardless of the danger--looking at YOU, Mlatta!)
Anyway, these are some GREAT people and we'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions, and ideas!!

WMBF sits down with Drexel family, investigators concerning missing teen
Updated: Oct 25, 2010 1:38 PM EDT New developments in the case of missing New York teenager, Brittanee Drexel, have led police to a person of interest, but the 19 month old case is still unsolved.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/category/198102/brittannee

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:21 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 28, 2010 6:30 PM EDT

BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police investigators are releasing new information in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

Captain of Investigations, Joe Vella, says the number keeps growing.

"There's a couple more we're looking at now," Captain Vella explained. "One will lead to another to another to another, so we know that during the experiences of investigations, it's going to lead to you know, several more at some point, and they'll be people that will be questioned."

Captain Vella says they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

"One more [person of interest] could break the case," Captain Vella explained.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, they'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

A task force has now been formed across several law enforcement agencies to work to solve this case.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13400141/investigators-release-new-information-in-drexel-disappearance

Seems that someone else is the main driving force and this guy was a new accomplice, perhaps. Why would this person turn himself in for attempted anything...and not for Brittanee? If this is any connection =( This guy probably has something of interest to help, though.

Taking in all of this new news.
Formulating my thoughts.
I'll be back later tonight with a post.

WooHoo!!!!!!! Finally - a POI!!!!! I can hardly wait for the arrest and the domino effect to take place...I want to see them fall and fall hard!!!

Justice is coming for you Brittanee!!!!!

I've been away from this thread for a while...so discouraged by the slow pace of progress here and then totally emotionally drained by the Kyron and Zahra threads...Finally some great news! It seems there will be justice after all...long overdue but gratifying news...WooHoo is right, MBLover!

I watched the 'Disappeared' episode covering Britanee Drexel a few nites ago & was hoping LE was going to have a break soon.

So glad to hear there's some encouraging news today!

Rose

thank you for posting. Wow I wonder who the new person of interest is. I also have to wonder with the list growing if they are referring to the Taylor gang or if any of the Rochester kids are going to get linked in somewhere here.

I think everyone knew this was coming.

It's great news nonetheless, but it was predictable.

Ever since the RM attempted abduction, the similarities were too hard to look past and I think LE knew that. Even though they said lines such as, "We're looking to see if the cases are connected," numerous times, we here knew the truth. I think LE even went as far as to say that the cases were not connected at all. Good thing they didn't give up on that.

When LE says that ST is a person of interest, but follows that up with saying that the cases may not be directly related, it makes me wonder if he's just been told information about what happened. Or perhaps participated but wasn't the leader? Whatever it means, I think they're simply beating around the bush. I believe they have the correct group of individuals. I sure hope they find their missing link.

Side Notes:
I can't believe how many people apparently have information about this case, yet no one has spilled the beans (until maybe now?). It kind of embarrasses me that I'm a member of the same species of animal that would do something like this to someone.

This newest article is some of the most promising news I have heard in a long time. I can't wait until more news outlets get a hold of the info and start asking questions. Hopefully we can hear some things worded in different ways and get a better idea of what was actually meant by some of these things.

The video on this link with TVF really brought me to tears; it seemed as if she has finally come to terms with BD not coming back alive. Very sad hopefully LE will be able to bring this family closure and kick some of these POI's butt!

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:21 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 28, 2010 6:30 PM EDT

BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police investigators are releasing new information in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

Captain of Investigations, Joe Vella, says the number keeps growing.

"There's a couple more we're looking at now," Captain Vella explained. "One will lead to another to another to another, so we know that during the experiences of investigations, it's going to lead to you know, several more at some point, and they'll be people that will be questioned."

Captain Vella says they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

"One more [person of interest] could break the case," Captain Vella explained.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, they'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

A task force has now been formed across several law enforcement agencies to work to solve this case.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13400141/investigators-release-new-information-in-drexel-disappearance

WOW!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!! I too am sorry I doubted LE but it is difficult to be patient!

To the perps......You will pay for what you did to precious Brittanee. I hope they tar and feather you and parade you thru the town square on a rail on your way to the jailhouse.

Justice for Brittanee!!!!!!

wm

Ok now that we have a named POI in Britt's case, I would like to submit Shaun Taylor's DOB to the astro thread for a chart. Does anyone have a link to his arrest information? I no longer have it since my computer crashed:(

TIA

wm

ETA
Nix my request. ST's DOB was already on the astro thread. Maybe they will chart him now that he is officially named as a POI.

Where the heck is everyone at?

The latest bit of news, which doesn't really give much detail, has really got me excited... very much so... Our lowcountry may be a safer place very soon!

It's too quiet in here...

or maybe I have had too much Halloween candy, and I need to calm down a little bit!?

mlatta, I am here. I am a bit shocked at the good news about Brittanee's case moving forward and just letting it all sink in, I guess.

It almost made me cry to read that investigators wear their 'Help Find Brittanee' bracelets. It a stark reality for me to know what they must go through working on this case day in and day out! Keep it up LE!!!!!!

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members