MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

It is sad to me to see what appears to be more searching and media interest in the case of Ayla Reynolds, than in Bianca. She is just as "missing" as Ayla and the reasons or circumstances shouldn't matter. Even if it turns out "Dad" is guilty, doesn't Bianca need to be found just as urgently? The LE in Maine as doing river searches today, in the cold icy waters there...JMO

This is OT with regard to missing toddler, Bianca Jones, but might be of interest to those who are unfamiliar with the Detroit River. A search by Coast Guard and DPD dive team is underway for a bridge maintenance worker who apparently fell into the river earlier today. Those of us who are local share concerns that Bianca may have been tossed into the river that is very close to the downtown campus of WCCC where D'Andre was reportedly going to check on financial aid on the morning that his daughter "disappeared".

Construction worker falls from Ambassador Bridge

No word on whether safety equipment was being used

Published On: Jan 11 2012 02:10:05 PM EST Updated On: Jan 11 2012 02:58:44 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...idge/-/1719418/7793686/-/ykjvlmz/-/index.html

Where is this in proximity to where Bianca may have gone into the river near WCC? Is there any chance those searching for the missing brige worker may find Bianca? Or are the points of possible entry too distant from each other?

It is sad to me to see what appears to be more searching and media interest in the case of Ayla Reynolds, than in Bianca. She is just as "missing" as Ayla and the reasons or circumstances shouldn't matter. Even if it turns out "Dad" is guilty, doesn't Bianca need to be found just as urgently? The LE in Maine as doing river searches today, in the cold icy waters there...JMO

Sadly, I think the usual difference is apparent here. Cute blonde haired missing toddler versus a missing black toddler from a very depressed area. :( :furious: It's frustrating as :censored: but the same scenario repeats itself over and over and over when it comes to missing black children. D'Andre's alleged carjacking story is so far fetched it amazes me Bianca's case fell off the radar so quickly. I can only pray it's part of LE's strategy.

Sadly, I think the usual difference is apparent here. Cute blonde haired missing toddler versus a missing black toddler from a very depressed area. :( :furious: It's frustrating as :censored: but the same scenario repeats itself over and over and over when it comes to missing black children. D'Andre's alleged carjacking story is so far fetched it amazes me Bianca's case fell off the radar so quickly. I can only pray it's part of LE's strategy.

I agree with you and will add that I suspect that many people who might otherwise pay attention are thinking, "Well, I know what happened there" precisely because the story was so ridiculous. As if it takes the mystery or something out of the situation and it's no longer so "exciting."

Ugh. I don't know. I feel like I am not expressing myself very well tonight. :p

I agree with you and will add that I suspect that many people who might otherwise pay attention are thinking, "Well, I know what happened there" precisely because the story was so ridiculous. As if it takes the mystery or something out of the situation and it's no longer so "exciting."

Ugh. I don't know. I feel like I am not expressing myself very well tonight. :p

That is true to some extent...(clearly did not apply in Caylee's case) that when the public is under the impression it was a parental crime, the "excitement" seems to lessen somewhat. In general, the media and the public are intrigued by crimes that may have been committed by random strangers; the media loves to stir up fear and people love to follow it. Look at the almost total disinterest in Kyron's case in recent months...JMO

Where is this in proximity to where Bianca may have gone into the river near WCC? Is there any chance those searching for the missing brige worker may find Bianca? Or are the points of possible entry too distant from each other?

Excellent question, Cubby! I have no luck posting maps, but maybe someone who has this technical know-how can do it. There is a map on the downtown WCCC website that shows its location along the river. Slightly southwest of the campus, the map indicates where the Ambassador Bridge crosses the Detroit River. The distance from the campus to the bridge is about a mile and a half, and the river current flows downriver from the bridge.

http://www.wcccd.edu/about/direction_downtown.htm

I really hope that this man does not get away with this. This is a NEW year. It is 2012. No longer will we allow parents to 'disappear ' their kids and walk away from it. JUSTICE for Bianca and Sky and Amir and all of the rest!

From your keyboard to God's ears!

I check in on Bianca daily. I am disheartened to hear that they still have not found her and her "daddy" (and I use the term lightly) has not been charged or has not yet confessed. What is it in our society that parents think that this is okay? I will never understand!

Okay, let me see if I can do this. The area with the red "A" is the WCCC Downtown campus, I've circled the bridge in black. About 1.5 miles apart if my calculation is correct.

366881f3.jpg

Okay, let me see if I can do this. The area with the red "A" is the WCCC Downtown campus, I've circled the bridge in black. About 1.5 miles apart if my calculation is correct.

366881f3.jpg

You did GREAT! Thanks.

Thanks for the maps guys. Which way does the Detroit River flow? I'm assuming to the bay area, but since the Chicago river flows away from the lake (man made reroute, iirc) I'll ask.

tia

Thanks for the maps guys. Which way does the Detroit River flow? I'm assuming to the bay area, but since the Chicago river flows away from the lake (man made reroute, iirc) I'll ask.

tia

Southwest - referred to as "downriver" in these parts.

Just bumping Bianca, hate seeing her on the second page. :( I noticed DL posting on his FB again. (I look at it every day. I hate not seeing anything on the news about Bianca, so I try to see if I can find ANYTHING, even little scraps of info) He talks about how he is praying and hopes that his "BB" will come home safe soon. Ugh.

Where are you Bianca??

The family of the painter who plunged into the frigid waters of the Detroit River yesterday knows that he couldn't have survived; they have reconciled the fact but want his body located. I know that we can't be certain that little Bianca was thrown into the river, but I am hoping and praying that if she was, that she, too, will be found during the intensive search that will continue tomorrow. jmo

Search resumes Friday For Garden City man who fell from Ambassador Bridge

Family expects worst after man falls more than 150 feet from bridge

Published On: Jan 11 2012 02:10:05 PM EST Updated On: Jan 12 2012 05:59:35 PM EST

Man who fell from bridge was beloved father, family man
DETROIT -
Crews have suspended the search for a 27-year-old Garden City man who fell from the Ambassador Bridge on Wednesday while he was working.

Kent Morton, a subcontractor for Seaway Painting, fell just before 2 p.m. from the bridge's center span area, which is about 156 feet tall at its highest point. The U.S. Coast Guard, Detroit Police Department and Wayne County Sheriff’s Office are involved in the searching.

It will resume Friday morning...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ridge/-/1719418/7793686/-/fxmloo/-/index.html

I'm afraid if they don't find him tomorrow, they'll probably stop searching. The family may be able to continue on with the search, though. They looked understandably devastated on the news tonight.

I'll pray tonight that both he and Bianca are found.

I have an uncle who disappeared in the late 70s and is most likely dead (he's not on here-he was involved with some unsavory people and took a lot of trips between Florida and Costa Rica, all the details are still unknown to our family) and you never stop wondering what happened and where they are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back