Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Since the judge has had to bring two spectators down for sentencing, one for an outburst and the other for using his middle finger, yes she should be punished. Otherwise, it lets people think they can lie in a courtroom under oath and get away with it. But, I think George lied, too.

You're right, either George OR Crystal/River lied but it can't be proven (at least not yet) which one is lying, regardless of what we think. Cindy's lies, on the other hand, while under oath have been proven to be lies in court by the prosecutors in this case and that, IMO, is the difference as to why Cindy should be held legally accountable.

I hate to break it to you, but cops and DAs decide which crimes to prosecute and which to ignore every day.

Yes. But we as a society much also follow the laws every day. LE and DA's have the luxury of choosing to prosecute a crime if they so wish, but Joe Citizen does not have the option of choosing whether to ignore the law or not. Well, they do, but there are consequences. When we start to tell ourselves that one law really doesn't matter, then we are in trouble. I am of the opinion that allowing CA to do what she did without consequence is the same as how she raised KC, and look where that got them. I have no doubt that CA expects to continue to lie and she expects everyone to just believe her or go to h$ll. KC learned from the master, IMO.

She should be charged and she should have to serve at least 60 days in jail and pay a significant fine. I'm sure that she will milk the media and the highest bidder for publishing rights to her story.

Grieving grandmother/mother or not, what kind of message does this send to people? It's not the only time she has lied during this case....she lied from the beginning. She has tried to obstruct justice (with hairbrushes and testimony) and she was out and out ridiculous in her interogations with John Morgan and other LE officers.

She could have potentially changed the outcome of a trial with her false testimony.

To not punish her, will continue to perpetuate the behavior that she has led for all of KC's life --lying, cover the lies, ignore the lies, no consequences.

I don't ever wish to be in her position, but what if every criminal was allowed to skate like she has? It would be more of a crime jungle out there than it already is!

Whether or not CA is charged, she'll have this hanging over her head indefinitely.

Quote: There is no statute of limitations for prosecuting a person for perjury in a capital offense (i.e., death penalty) case in Florida (FSA Section 775.15). The same rule applies to felony homicide cases and cases carrying a potential life sentence.

Read more: Florida Perjury Statute of Limitations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7592826_florida-perjury-statute-limitations.html#ixzz1R08HECBM

Point taken. I don't pretend to remember all her many depos and trips to the stand. I've mostly been discussing her testimony re computer searches, since that seems to be the latest thing that has everyone upset with her.

What would she hope to accomplish by giving LE the wrong brush? I've heard of this before, but never understood the point of that. Surely LE was bound to find out the truth, sooner or later.

And I admit i don't know anything about finances or what the As have done with contributions.

I believe you that you have good reason to have run out of sympathy. But that still leaves the difficulty of proving perjury and the impossibility of our court system coping if every lie on the stand were prosecuted.

Thanks for the mature, intelligent feedback! This is why I choose WS amongst the hundreds of other Websites :)
The thread title says "who believes that CA should be prosecuted for perjury" not if she will. Unfortunately, I do NOT believe she will for all the reasons you have addressed. But, I definitely feel she should be if the justice system had time to prosecute all this kind of nonsense! Perhaps use her as an example??
She definitely would be the perfect one!! :)

~Respectfully snipped~

I agree that CA should not be prosecuted and I do feel very, very badly for her.

I also agree, that legally, in front of the jury, the state cured CA lies.

But.... I think the harm goes well past the legal issues and I wonder if the jury will be compassionate when reflecting on CA's testimony and the rebuttal.

I really think that CA did more harm than good to ICA. The jury will now have the importance of those chloroform (sp?) searches "etched" in their minds - where before the jury heard the testimony and may not have given it as much importance. The searches were 3 months prior to Caylee "going missing." Now, however, it seems to me that the importance has been drilled in and there will be no glossing over the facts.

I'm sad for CA, GA and LA.

Salem

BBM. Completely agree!

If this ploy to lie had not been executed and cured by the rebuttal then it is highly likely the Jury would not give too much credence to the chloroform evidence and use given the confusion, it being present in many things.

HOWEVER ... The lie from CA has highlighted this in importance to both CA and the DT ... That it was thought to be so significant to need to lie. It has risen in significance from a bunch of confusion to something that will sway many towards conviction but not only that but premeditation.

It backfired and will not only turn the Jury off CA but likewise impact ICA -- the DT is guilty a few times in making things worse than if they'd left it alone So if CA is not punished for perjury she will still be punished for her actions.

Yes. But we as a society much also follow the laws every day. LE and DA's have the luxury of choosing to prosecute a crime if they so wish, but Joe Citizen does not have the option of choosing whether to ignore the law or not. Well, they do, but there are consequences. When we start to tell ourselves that one law really doesn't matter, then we are in trouble. I am of the opinion that allowing CA to do what she did without consequence is the same as how she raised KC, and look where that got them. I have no doubt that CA expects to continue to lie and she expects everyone to just believe her or go to h$ll. KC learned from the master, IMO.

But read this thread. Cindy Anthony has been denounced as a liar not just here, but on every talk show devoted to this trial. I don't think it's accurate to say there have been no consequences.

The state already proved she lied. It doesn't have anything to do what posters believe.

Lippman is already making the talking show rounds. Tonight on NG he said that Cindy is still adamant that she did the searches and now says it might have just been on a different computer.

Now I say to that...wait a minute. Didn't she already say that they only had that one computer and her laptop that Casey used all the time? Oh, the webs we weave.

IMO the best thing Lippman could do for his clients is get busy on some of his other cases and let this die down in the media.

ETA - Another interesting thing Lippman said (something like this) "hypothetically if I could get her to recant, I would but she maintains she did those searches". From what I've read about perjury, if you lie under oath and later change your testimony or recant your testimony you are protected from perjury. Now..tell me that Lippman doesn't know she committed perjury?

IMO

Whether or not CA is charged, she'll have this hanging over her head indefinitely.

Quote: There is no statute of limitations for prosecuting a person for perjury in a capital offense (i.e., death penalty) case in Florida (FSA Section 775.15). The same rule applies to felony homicide cases and cases carrying a potential life sentence.

Read more: Florida Perjury Statute of Limitations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7592826_florida-perjury-statute-limitations.html#ixzz1R08HECBM
Thanks Quiche
I was wondering about that.

Much of the monies were undoubtedly used on P.I's and other sources investigating the whereabouts of Caylee since they could not believe the unthinkable that ICA murdered their granddaughter in the beginning..

IIRc they have never paid DCasey. Or Hoover.

Who and where do we write or email to encourage procecution of Cindy for perjury. Personally, I am furious. Her lack of ethics and integrity created ICA monster who became capable of murdering an innocent and beautiful child.

Absolutely she should be prosecuted along with George and Lee.
They're the ones who chose that path. They could have loved and supported ICA without lying.
ICA also chose her path. She was 22 years old FGS. Everyone she hung out with was more responsible than she was and they didn't even have kids.
I still have to ask WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE?
I don't feel sorry for any of them. But I do feel awful for Caylee.

Think of the way she responded when being sworn in "So Help Me GOD, Yes" knowing she was going to lie.
They claim to be God fearing people...Yeah right. Self serving is what they are.

What About CAYLEE?

Thanks for the mature, intelligent feedback! This is why I choose WS amongst the hundreds of other Websites :)
The thread title says "who believes that CA should be prosecuted for perjury" not if she will. Unfortunately, I do NOT believe she will for all the reasons you have addressed. But, I definitely feel she should be if the justice system had time to prosecute all this kind of nonsense! Perhaps use her as an example??
She definitely would be the perfect one!! :)

Thanks deelytful, I see the distinction you are making. As I've said, I'd probably shrug this one off under the circumstances, but I don't blame anyone for resenting the disrespect of our judicial system.

I know this is OT, but do you have a theory about CA giving LE the wrong brush? I just can't figure out what that was supposed to accomplish.

But read this thread. Cindy Anthony has been denounced as a liar not just here, but on every talk show devoted to this trial. I don't think it's accurate to say there have been no consequences.

Those talk show 'consequences' do not appear to have made any impact as she is still lying. MLippman is now her spokesman and he is also continuing where she leaves off.
She needs some real consequences

It's unfortunate CA's pleas during the penalty phase may fall on insulted ears... there are many reasons there are laws against perjury. mo :cool:

I agree. I just hope for a compassionate jury in regards to CA and that they do understand her motives fueled by a mother's hard wired instinct. Sadly ICA did not possess such a virtue.
CA might have done more harm than good in her desperate attempts to save ICA from DP.
Wonder if she was ill advised by JB.

BBM. Completely agree!

If this ploy to lie had not been executed and cured by the rebuttal then it is highly likely the Jury would not give too much credence to the chloroform evidence and use given the confusion, it being present in many things.

HOWEVER ... The lie from CA has highlighted this in importance to both CA and the DT ... That it was thought to be so significant to need to lie. It has risen in significance from a bunch of confusion to something that will sway many towards conviction but not only that but premeditation.

It backfired and will not only turn the Jury off CA but likewise impact ICA -- the DT is guilty a few times in making things worse than if they'd left it alone So if CA is not punished for perjury she will still be punished for her actions.

Agreed...IMO she did her more harm than good, because let's be honest...if your own mother feels the need to (obviously) lie for you in a murder trial, then even SHE thinks you're guilty! :liar:

I really believe CA wanted to spare ICA the DP, not get her off.

CA, after all, did tell the truth about not searching for "neck-breaking," "household weapons," "how to make choloroform," etc.

Any punishment for perjury, I believe, would pale in comparison to the loss of her Caylee.

Thanks deelytful, I see the distinction you are making. As I've said, I'd probably shrug this one off under the circumstances, but I don't blame anyone for resenting the disrespect of our judicial system.

I know this is OT, but do you have a theory about CA giving LE the wrong brush? I just can't figure out what that was supposed to accomplish.

She enjoys being combative - and trying to outwit anyone she considers an adversary. It's hard to imagine,but the grieving grandmother thought it was amusing to play games with investigators..

Lippman is already making the talking show rounds. Tonight on NG he said that Cindy is still adamant that she did the searches and now says it might have just been on a different computer.

Now I say to that...wait a minute. Didn't she already say that they only had that one computer and her laptop that Casey used all the time? Oh, the webs we weave.

IMO the best thing Lippman could do for his clients is get busy on some of his other cases and let this die down in the media.

What I say to that and have been all night after seeing his interview is that CA is just as sick as her daughter. She will lie even in the face of being caught (Universal Studios ring a bell?) Unfortunately, no one is in her face accusing her of the lies and this is why I wish beyond wishing that she could be brought up on perjury charges!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back