17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Really? Why do you say Trayvon was walking in the wrong place at the wrong time???? He had every dam/ right to be there!! Why was GZ, the self-appointed, zealot, racist, there?

Wrong place at the wrong time doesn't imply TM had no right to be there. It's an often used term when there are circumstances we cannot change. IE -- I was hit by a car as a child -- I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I always say that when there are circumstances I wish could be changed but it's out of my control to do so. I don't mean to speak for RedKat but that's how I took the OP.

I am a bit concerned about the intense, almost non-stop coverage the media is giving this case. While I agree it deserves attention, I'm worried this could taint a potential jury pool. Did the media not learn their lesson with the Casey Anthony trial? We all know how well that turned out. The non-stop media coverage made it nearly impossible to seat a jury and many feel that is what ultimately led to that farce of a verdict...:banghead:

Oh who am I kidding? What does the media care as long as they are getting ratings? :sigh:

That is exactly right. They had to choose that jury from people who did NOT READ NEWSPAPERS, DID NOT LISTEN TO THE NEWS, OR TALK RADIO.

So essentially you had a jury of people who had zero interest in their community. None of them cared what was going on around them. And so all they did was listen to the Opening statements of that trial and then they checked out mentally,and it was done.

I hope that does not happen again here. If you choose from a pool of people who know nothing about this trial, then once again you get only those who hate to read or learn about the world around them. And those people will not bother to read the jury instructions or listen to testimony or try and put two and two together, imo.

BBM

Really? Why do you say Trayvon was walking in the wrong place at the wrong time???? He had every dam/ right to be there!! Why was GZ, the self-appointed, zealot, racist, there?

See, this is what i am talking about. We are POUNCING on people, acting as though they are being out of line, but UNFAIRLY doing so, imo.

She in no way said he was 'not allowed' to be there. Surely you have heard the statement,' wrong place/wrong time.' In no way is that a racist connotation.

We are ALL on the same team here. We all want justice for the Martin family. But we do not ALL have to believe that GZ was a cold blooded, drunken, racist who killed TM for sport to get that justice, imo.

See, this is what i am talking about. We are POUNCING on people, acting as though they are being out of line, but UNFAIRLY doing so, imo.

She in no way said he was 'not allowed' to be there. Surely you have heard the statement,' wrong place/wrong time.' In no way is that a racist connotation.

We are ALL on the same team here. We all want justice for the Martin family. But we do not ALL have to believe that GZ was a cold blooded, drunken, racist who killed TM for sport to get that justice, imo.

I suppose you are right Katydid. I am overly sensitive about this case. I was raised by a black nannie and my god-father used to say to her, "Daisy, if you drop that baby, I'll kill you, ******." I didn't know this until I was an adult, however, many things about blacks have hurt me over the years, and the way they have been treated. You know, my soul bleeds because of the black/white issues. We are all brothers and sisters and always will be.

FWIW ...

when the SA's affadavit says "profiling" I don't think it means "racial profiling" or "hate-crime-type" profiling.

I think it means neighborhood watch patrol "profiling". As in, looks suspicious, doesn't belong in neighborhood, call 911 - type "profiling"

:cow:

IMO It means Criminal profiling.

Time to finish our thoughts for the evening peeps. I have to be up for work in about 5 hours. So this thread will be closing in five minutes.

I suppose you are right Katydid. I am overly sensitive about this case. I was raised by a black nannie and my god-father used to say to her, "Daisy, if you drop that baby, I'll kill you, ******." I didn't know this until I was an adult, however, many things about blacks have hurt me over the years, and the way they have been treated. You know, my soul bleeds because of the black/white issues. We are all brothers and sisters and always will be.

I understand. My kids, aged 19 and 23 are mixed race kids. So I know what you mean about being sensitive to these issues. I would not want my son to be automatically suspected of being a criminal. And it has happened here and there. Weird thing is, he is a Criminal Justice major, and wants to enter the police academy. He works security right now while he is finishing his last year at University. And he told me that he himself would have probably followed Trayvon if he saw him walking around the backside of the complex. So race and profiling is a very complicated issue. It is not cut and dry.

I don't believe for a moment if GZ cried that he was crying because he was locked up. I truly believe he feels awful for having shot TM. I've seen this firsthand with police, fire rescue and anyone else who has either taken a life or lost a life right in front of them. Many/most people break down and cry after the initial shock is over.

Unless you have been witness to it, you can't possibly understand the stress reaction and it's release immediately following.

At this point, no matter what GZ did or didn't do that night it will be looked upon by some as being less than genuine. I realize and understand I'm one of the few here trying to not only understand TM's human condition but GZ's as well.

These threads are moving way faster than I can keep up with, so I apologize if anyone has stated the same opinion,

but GZ is well past the initial stress you speak of, and

if he feels so awful about shooting Trayvon that it has brought him to tears, why hasn't he--or his family members, assuming they are speaking for him--ever expressed one iota of condolence toward TM's family for their loss, any little morsel of sorrow for the death of this person he felt he was forced to shoot simply because he believed his own life to be in danger?

Nite peeps. See you tomorrow.

There are 5 families that could use your thoughts tonight. Check out this thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168777"]Official: 1 officer killed, 4 hurt in NH shooting - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I've had my ears on. :sigh:

Closing up for the night. See you all in the AM!

Salem

<<<<article snipped for purpose>>>>

At a news conference in Jacksonville on Wednesday, Corey refused to discuss what new evidence her investigation had turned up or what justified the second-degree-murder charge she filed against him.

Her lead trial attorney in the case, Bernie de la Rionda, in Sanford on Thursday for Zimmerman's first court appearance, also would not talk about evidence.

But the probable-cause affidavit, prepared by two investigators in her office, spelled out the bare bones of her case.

To Trayvon, it says, Zimmerman was a scary man, following him for some unknown reason. To Zimmerman, Trayvon was someone who was about to commit a crime, "a f------ punk," the affidavit said.

The affidavit offered little new evidence but did make clear the state's position on three key points:

•"Zimmerman confronted Martin," it says, an apparent contradiction of Zimmerman's version of events.

•The state will argue that the voice heard crying for help in the background of one 911 call is Trayvon's. According to the affidavit, Trayvon's mother listened to the recording and identified the voice as her son's.

•State investigators will rely on the testimony of a friend of Trayvon's who told them she talked to the teenager on the phone in the lead-up to the shooting and heard the confrontation.

Based on the description, she appears to be the girl described by Martin family attorneys as his girlfriend.

When interviewed by state investigators, "The witness advised that Martin was scared because he was being followed through the complex by an unknown male and didn't know why," the affidavit said.

Trayvon tried to run home, the affidavit says, but Zimmerman ignored the advice of a police dispatcher and continued pursuing him on foot.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-show-accident

"When I referenced the word 'accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident," Fulton said.

"My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that," she said, clarifying that the "accident" was that Martin and Zimmerman ever crossed paths.

Here's the full statement:

Earlier today, I made a comment to the media that was later mischaracterized. When I referenced the word 'accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident.

We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood. The 'accident' I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter. If George Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his vehicle, this entire incident would have been avoided.

My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...old-blood?lite

Glad Sabrina Fulton explained herself...I didn't believe she thought her son's killing was an accident, especially after she identified his wails before hearing that awful gunshot..it's like the old adage, right place, wrong time...but referring to the accidental encounter...

Justice for Trayvon Martin.

These threads are moving way faster than I can keep up with, so I apologize if anyone has stated the same opinion,

but GZ is well past the initial stress you speak of, and

if he feels so awful about shooting Trayvon that it has brought him to tears, why hasn't he--or his family members, assuming they are speaking for him--ever expressed one iota of condolence toward TM's family for their loss, any little morsel of sorrow for the death of this person he felt he was forced to shoot simply because he believed his own life to be in danger?

JMO - I don't agree GZ is over the initial stress. The stress has gotten only worse as time has gone by. I believe he's still in shock and despair for what has happened.

I've said this a few times already, GZ is will not be apologizing now that criminal charges have been filed against him. I firmly believe, since the very beginning his lawyers have told him to keep quiet. An apology or condolences to the family are going to be viewed as less than genuine at this point. Just because GZ hasn't been on TV giving an official apology doesn't mean he isn't truly sorry for what has happened. We don't know him, we haven't spoken to him. We just don't know.

Please understand, I am on no one's side here. However, I do believe GZ should receive a fair trial under the law. If his attorney believes keeping his mouth shut is in his best interest, then so be it. He wouldn't be the first accused murderer who didn't immediately apologize for their actions.

I am in no way defending GZ. Just trying to figure out his mindset. IMO TM was just walking in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is what started everything. But he did not have to die.
Sorry if I came off sounding Pro GZ

BBM

TM was in the right place at the wrong time...

He had every right to be there, he was yards from the front door...It was GZ who brought this upon himself with that mentality he carries...he isn't the gatekeeper, he had no right to follow/pursue TM, TM did not have to answer anthing this guy asked of him..Who the hell is he? I'm angry, yes...this could have all been avoided had GZ stayed in his vehicle...but he's a hero in his own eyes..what he did deserves to been tried in a court of law..he now has to face his demons for the actions he brought upon himself..Hoping this will be an eye opener for him...

Wow. I'll bet the prosecution cannot wait to get Frank Taaffe on the stand. I have seen him make a fool of himself on other shows, but Soledad O'Brien really got him to hang Zimmerman in this interview! What an obnoxious person, I hope his 15 minutes are about played out. I thought he was another wannabe cop, I was wrong. He's a wannabe lawyer. Ugh.

http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/...by-black-males-meant-everyone-was-suspicious/

George Zimmerman's neighbor Frank Taaffe tells Soledad Trayvon shooting was 'perfect storm,' said prior burglaries in area by black males meant everyone was suspicious

Frank Taaffe, neighbor of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, talked with Soledad O'Brien on "Starting Point" in defense of his friend.

In the series of videos below, Taaffe explains that he could tell from security footage inside the Sanford Police Department that Zimmerman was hurt. He also explained that the neighborhood watch was suspicious of many people walking in the area, as there had been eight previous break ins involving young black men.

Wow. I'll bet the prosecution cannot wait to get Frank Taaffe on the stand. I have seen him make a fool of himself on other shows, but Soledad O'Brien really got him to hang Zimmerman in this interview! What an obnoxious person, I hope his 15 minutes are about played out. I thought he was another wannabe cop, I was wrong. He's a wannabe lawyer. Ugh.

http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/...by-black-males-meant-everyone-was-suspicious/

George Zimmerman's neighbor Frank Taaffe tells Soledad Trayvon shooting was 'perfect storm,' said prior burglaries in area by black males meant everyone was suspicious

Frank Taaffe, neighbor of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, talked with Soledad O'Brien on "Starting Point" in defense of his friend.

In the series of videos below, Taaffe explains that he could tell from security footage inside the Sanford Police Department that Zimmerman was hurt. He also explained that the neighborhood watch was suspicious of many people walking in the area, as there had been eight previous break ins involving young black men.

What FT says has no real evidentiary value for or against GZ IMO.
He didn't witness what happened that night.

JMO

JMO - I don't agree GZ is over the initial stress. The stress has gotten only worse as time has gone by. I believe he's still in shock and despair for what has happened.

I've said this a few times already, GZ is will not be apologizing now that criminal charges have been filed against him. I firmly believe, since the very beginning his lawyers have told him to keep quiet. An apology or condolences to the family are going to be viewed as less than genuine at this point. Just because GZ hasn't been on TV giving an official apology doesn't mean he isn't truly sorry for what has happened. We don't know him, we haven't spoken to him. We just don't know.

Please understand, I am on no one's side here. However, I do believe GZ should receive a fair trial under the law. If his attorney believes keeping his mouth shut is in his best interest, then so be it. He wouldn't be the first accused murderer who didn't immediately apologize for their actions.

I do think he is sorry this ever happened. Mary C. describes GZ as throwing his hands to his head as if what just happened here. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member