Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless Mickey and her loved ones. :( may he burn in the fiery flames of hell for eternity :(

NG seldom knows more than we do, and very often, far less.

Beautiful MamaRoux, thank you for posting, I'm only half French, wish my French momma had internet, she would love it.

I must say, I'm very surprised she was found with jewelry and such.

When I heard that they found things that clearly pointed to him murdering her, and being connected to her, i thought it was jewelry or even clothing.

I find it weird that he'd keep things of many different women, yet bury Mickey fully clothed and with her belongings.

If you notice some posts are missing it's because I'm moving them to a new thread where we can discuss how yesterday's discovery happened.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181283"]Locating Mickey's Body -- Who is the "Credible Witness"?- Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Graveyard was 3 miles from where BSL committed his oral sexual battery charge

Will not confirm/deny that BSL was given a plea bargain for information about whereabouts.

Headquarters are still open - plans to possible use Mickey's name for crime prevention campaigns.

Mouton stated that more information would likely be known by Friday

^^ From KLFY broadcast - 5pm

When I heard that they found things that clearly pointed to him murdering her, and being connected to her, i thought it was jewelry or even clothing.

I find it weird that he'd keep things of many different women, yet bury Mickey fully clothed and with her belongings.

RE: I must say, I'm very surprised she was found with jewelry and such.

One possible reason; 'Satanists Don't Wear Gold'

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/ramirez/terror_1.html/index.html

The Night Stalker: Serial Killer Richard Ramirez

BY Anthony Bruno

The Marriage of Richard Ramirez and Doreen Lioy:

The bride wore a calf-length, white wedding dress with long lace sleeves. The groom wore a starched set of prison blues, the pants a little too long, the shirt tails hanging out. She was glowing; he was nervous. The ceremony took place on October 3, 1996, in the large, gray-walled main visiting room of California's San Quentin Prison. According to Jim Doyle writing in the San Francisco Chronicle, the bride, Doreen Lioy, age 41, was a freelance magazine editor with a bachelor's degree in English and an I.Q. of 152. The groom, serial killer and rapist Richard Ramirez, was on Death Row, awaiting execution.

Doreen had been raised a Roman Catholic, but she considered herself an agnostic and could accommodate Ramirez's professed Satanism. When she had purchased their wedding rings, she'd bought a gold band for herself but a platinum band for her husband-to-be. "Satanists don't wear gold," he'd explained to her.

Seven years earlier in 1989, Ramirez had been convicted on 43 counts, including 13 murders, and the authorities have good reason to believe that he had committed several others..

Honestly I do not believe BL has been killing women for years. He was a suspect in Lisa's murder almost at once, apparently, and was caught for Mickey's pretty quickly. He is no genius who has been fooling the law for a decade or two. He is a , who killed these two women and LE was on to him very quickly because he is not very smart.

I think -- whatever original plans he may have had -- it is a possibility that, if Mickey attacked him early on (say, in the truck on the way out of Lafayette) -- he may have reacted in surprise/fear/pain/rage and killed her then, and he may not have assaulted her sexually or otherwise any further. His main concern may have become, almost immediately, just covering up.

Honestly I do not believe BL has been killing women for years. He was a suspect in Lisa's murder almost at once, apparently, and was caught for Mickey's pretty quickly. He is no genius who has been fooling the law for a decade or two. He is a , who killed these two women and LE was on to him very quickly because he is not very smart.

Smart has nothing to do with why BSL was identified.. Predators with IQs in the 60s have evaded LE for decades. They hone their skills with each innocent victim taken.

BSL was identified due to Mickey Schunick's courageous fight, an aware citizen's tip, and the amazing amount of awareness raised in the Mickey Schunick abduction investigation.

BSL, skirted justice for thirteen years in the Lisa Pate case. Doubt that Lisa Pate, was a stranger abduction/murder, and BSL was more than likely the primary suspect in her case for over a decade.

We really will not know the magnitude of BS Lavergne's trail of terror until the investigation is complete.

Stranger abductions/murders are the most difficult for LE to solve as we all know.

ChickenFried's excellent timeline and responding posts have been moved here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180855"]VICTIM - Mickey Shunick, 21, of Lafayette, LA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Use that thread to discuss theories of what happened to Mickey.

I think -- whatever original plans he may have had -- it is a possibility that, if Mickey attacked him early on (say, in the truck on the way out of Lafayette) -- he may have reacted in surprise/fear/pain/rage and killed her then, and he may not have assaulted her sexually or otherwise any further. His main concern may have become, almost immediately, just covering up.

Especially if she was found wearing her clothes, not just with her clothes in the grave site, I think this may be the case. I hope they can determine if she was sexually assaulted though, especially if he claims not.

Smart has nothing to do with why BSL was identified.. Predators with IQs in the 60s have evaded LE for decades. They hone their skills with each innocent victim taken.

BSL was identified due to Mickey Schunick's courageous fight, an aware citizen's tip, and the amazing amount of awareness raised in the Mickey Schunick abduction investigation.

BSL, skirted justice for thirteen years in the Lisa Pate case. Doubt that Lisa Pate, was a stranger abduction/murder, and BSL was more than likely the primary suspect in her case for over a decade.

We really will not know the magnitude of BS Lavergne's trail of terror until the investigation is complete.

Stranger abductions/murders are the most difficult for LE to solve as we all know.

True, but it all started with his big white truck being seen on video, where anyone should have known there would be cameras. And then he made a spectacle of himself, asking to have his license changed, whiting out his current license, burning his truck, filing false reports, etc...all very dumb things to do, that led to the suspicions of the public. Not a mastermind criminal in my book, even if he managed to get away with a crime in the past that we are as yet unaware of.

Couple of ideas that have crossed my mind-
Given BSLs history of interest and grave digging,etc. I suspect he was familiar with a lot of cemeteries around--before that I kept thinking that would be an ideal place for him to hide her because an area that is disrupted or fresh grave would not look suspicious. Additionally--he could have known about it as a teen as teens love to dare people to go to hidden places like that or even "park" there.

I posted something about how I thought LE should take cadaver dogs on a run through local cemeteries in case he took the easy route and Mickey in the same plot as a recently deceased person. I thought that the dogs would not pick up on the scent of embalmed previously buried. I think Claire T verified that she was not buried with another.

SOmeone mentioned that they thought cadaver dogs do have a hard time in cemeteries though. I researched--and sure enough--cemeteries are where they actually do some of the dogs' training. Interestingly they could identify odors from many years before because bodies were not prepared as "well" as they are today.

An additional incentive for him to place her in a rural/family one might be that people rarely go out there--maybe just those who mow.

I read several times that the grave was deep. Not sure what the soil is like out there, but I cannot imagine that would be a quick job. On a recent mission we dug cisterns and they took DAYS with more than one person. So this is just a thought--but that one address on Leger was AFG excavating. Could he have even rented equipment to dig?? Maybe he hauled a compact excavator in there and then , knowing his truck left all those tire tracks everywhere..and hearing about his truck over and over in the news got nervous...initially tried to change tires over at the dealership in Eunice--then decided to just burn the whole thing. Conveniently the extra tires made things burn hotter too.

He seems almost like multiple personality--reminds me of the way Ann Rule described Ted Bundy in the Stranger Beside me (good read! fascinating) Charming and almost as if part of him did not even believe that he commited the crimes that he did. Like the good side struggling to hide the evil. Whether he led the LE to Pinseclair or they MADE him go (probably a little of both) I would be interested to hear what his demeanor was like. I also wonder if he had buried there before? Cajun-net keeps saying there is more to come......

Also sources say she got his knife away from him and attacked him with it and was oh so close to killing him with the neck wound. If only.... guess the reasons are not for us to know...regardless..... Mickey was a tough beautiful girl!!!!! I am so proud of her for stopping him!

Amen. I think if he had not spent those years incarcerated, he may have gotten a little more elaborate in his crimes.

a reporter for the independent told one of my coworkers today that they will be printing an article tomorrow how the shunicks arent happy about a plea deal bc they were not in fact working with the police about the plea deal. all speculation but it came straight from a male that works at the independent.

Prosecutors believe Lavergne moved the bodies around to hamper the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member