Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

But if you were a legitmate charity why hide your name????? Plus how do they build this on land they do not own.

It's really not as horrible as it sounds. My boyfriend has it on his site. He is a musician by night, nothing suspicious. His contact info is right on the site. He has it because soon after he registered the domain name, he started getting calls and mail saying his domain was up for renewal, send "x" amount of money to such and such address. It was all scam stuff. He knew it wasn't up for renewal but people fall for that all the time and it's very hard to get your money back. Generally speaking, it is used more to protect your wallet rather than your identity. It is actually part of his "upselling" routine when on sales calls. He works from home so I hear the sales pitch several times a day.

Don't get me wrong, my hinky meter is up on this organization also. Any non profit organization should be very easy to track. The info should be right on the website. I find it very strange there is no address or contact info on the site (that I saw).

I believe companies like "Domain by Proxy" exist specifically (or pacifically - and yes, I had a wonderful, intelligent, talented teacher in college who pronounced it that very way!) in order for people to hide themselves.

So, in and of itself, that is hinky, in my estimation. I am involved with two different non-profit community service groups and was part of each of them establishing a website, registering domain name, etc. My experience is that legitimate non-profits WANT to present themselves to the world as legitimate, including who registered the domain name, how to contact people, etc.

How is this group taking in funds?

By getting your information and 'pledge' ------------:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
http://bringkidshome.org/donation.htm

"[SIZE=-2]Bring Kids Home is an IRS authorized 501(c)(3) Public Charity." <------------ really? What is your tax id number then? Why can't I find it??????????????? [/SIZE]

My boyfriend works for a company that registers domain names. They have a product called "private registration". What this does is hide your information on the "whois" database. That way spammers and telemarketers cannot get your information. Your info will then be hidden and all that will be shown in the whois is which company the domain is registered with...

Domain by proxy is the name of the company that the domain is registered with. I'm going to assume the Arizona address is the company address for domain by proxy.

I have no idea how to get the who owns the domain but I would imagine youu would have to go directly through domain by proxy.

That just doesn't make sense for a legitimate non-profit. Their info is supposed to be public information.

Journalists have Facebook pages ,also.

I was suspicious right away. the land problem plus selling bricks with no plan for the memorial yet. they ask for info so it could be a phishing scam.

I submitted it to snopes.com and hope to get an answer.

I searched there for Caylee Anthony and found this FaceBook
phishing scam

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/phishing/casey.asp

I believe companies like "Domain by Proxy" exist specifically (or pacifically - and yes, I had a wonderful, intelligent, talented teacher in college who pronounced it that very way!) in order for people to hide themselves.

So, in and of itself, that is hinky, in my estimation. I am involved with two different non-profit community service groups and was part of each of them establishing a website, registering domain name, etc. My experience is that legitimate non-profits WANT to present themselves to the world as legitimate, including who registered the domain name, how to contact people, etc.

How is this group taking in funds?

Selling bricks for the path for $85.00 I believe. It was mentioned earlier in the thread. Smells like two dead squirrels plastered to the frame of a Pontiac to me. jmo

Miss James ~
The Florida State Attorney Generals office would be a good starting point.
That agency looks into frauds, etc.

One ring-a-dingy, two ringy dingy.........anyone???

That just doesn't make sense for a legitimate non-profit. Their info is supposed to be public information.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up redcross.org on the whois database. It also has private registration. That is a very legitimate company that has nothing to hide.

On a side note, I'm not trying to argue with anybody, I swear. I was just trying to help clear up what private registration is and why it is used.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up redcross.org on the whois database. It also has private registration. That is a very legitimate company that has nothing to hide.

On a side note, I'm not trying to argue with anybody, I swear. I was just trying to help clear up what private registration is and why it is used.

Is it really RED CROSS or just the use of the name for some other purpose?

If this was actually a plan it would have to be filed with the city, approved, etc. Why would this have not been news for WFTV? I would think someone would be making some type of deal out of it. jmo

Does anyone remember the name of the actual owner of the land on Suburban? There was some kind of controversy 2 or 3 years back about the fence and no trespassing signs. He was contacted for something, I can't remember, was it when LP wanted to buy the land? Maybe LP knows his name.

I clicked on the purchase button

found

Order Policy: Donations to a Public Charity are Non-Refundable, but also bricks are engraved and warehoused in preparation for construction. If for any reason (permits, environmental issues, etc.) a memorial can not be built, the brick can be shipped to you along with a wire stand and a certificate. Look for an email confirmation.

Especially if the neighborhood doesn't want it :maddening:

Love the Library idea .

If I remember right, the neighborhood DOES NOT want it from the feedback that was received when Leonard P wanted to buy that land and do something with it a couple of years ago.

Bring Kids Home Inc. a non-profit public charity is honored to announce a memorial walkway project for Caylee Anthony in Orlando Florida.

According to school safety experts, the children attending Hidden Oaks Elementary School face serious mental health issues due to the fact that the remains of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony were found in a wooded area leading up to the school. Each school day hundreds of children pass by this location.

Bring Kids Home seeks to develop this property as a community improvement project: with a flood resistant retaining wall and memorial brick walkway. The area where Caylee's remains were recovered will be preserved with minimal changes to the natural surroundings.

(snip)

http://bringkidshome.org/camemorial.htm

They should make it a public park...Call it Caylee's Place, with swing sets, sliding board, merry go round...that would be a great way to memorialize her.

I certainly hope WESH didn't annouce this without checking it out - you know, to get the scoop.
Is it on any other Orlando news site?

They should make it a public park...Call it Caylee's Place, with swing sets, sliding board, merry go round...that would be a great way to memorialize her.

Think about it. If you were a loving Mom would you take your child there only to have your child ask, "Why did her mommy kill her, Mommy?"

http://800mail.com/lookups/np.asp?ein=263337415

BRING KIDS HOME
In Care of Name T SEGURA
Address PO BOX 62
SUSSEX, NJ 07461-0062
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(3) - A religious, educational, charitable, scientific or literary organization.
Type of Foundation Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public
Type of Organization Corporation
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Tax I.D. Number 263337415
Exempt Since 08-2009
Form 990 Requirement Not required to file (income less than $25,000)
Last 990 Form Filed 12-2009
Form 990 Amount $4,000
Classification Children's, Youth Services

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regardless of the above information, it still reeks of a scam to me.

I clicked on the purchase button

found

Order Policy: Donations to a Public Charity are Non-Refundable, but also bricks are engraved and warehoused in preparation for construction. If for any reason (permits, environmental issues, etc.) a memorial can not be built, the brick can be shipped to you along with a wire stand and a certificate. Look for an email confirmation.

There ya go ~ "If for some reason"; blah, blah, blah... They ALREADY know it is not going to be built, IMO.

So, for $85 bucks you "might" get lucky to get a homemade brick with your name barely able be to be seen, and wire clothes hanger stand.
I've bought a "block kit" for our grandkids to make walking stones and bricks for me. The kit was about $8 and had enough cement/brick mix for 4 bricks. It had letters that you pressed into the frame set while the mix was still wet. We bought quick set cement and made additional frames of different sizes for the kids to make and decorate with shells, dollar store toy dinasours, rocks, marbles, whatever they wanted.

http://800mail.com/lookups/np.asp?ein=263337415

BRING KIDS HOME
In Care of Name T SEGURA
Address PO BOX 62
SUSSEX, NJ 07461-0062
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(3) - A religious, educational, charitable, scientific or literary organization.
Type of Foundation Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public
Type of Organization Corporation
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Tax I.D. Number 263337415
Exempt Since 08-2009
Form 990 Requirement Not required to file (income less than $25,000)
Last 990 Form Filed 12-2009
Form 990 Amount $4,000
Classification Children's, Youth Services

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regardless of the above information, it still reeks of a scam to me.

There is that NJ connection again. :banghead:

So, why would their press release say, New York, NY????
http://www.freeprnow.com/pr/caylee-anthony-memorial-walkway-project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back