Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

I can't comment here on the subject matter except to say that I think that this is a nasty rumour or information that has been taken out of context.

IMO - Not worthy of a thread until confirmed.

JonBenet Ramsey's parents put a scarf, and her stuffed kitty into the casket with her. They didn't wrap the scarf around her neck. They just laid those things in with her, because supposedly they were her favorite things. Of course, she also had a tiara, and a cross necklace in there with her. I am quite sure that George and Cindy do not intend on placing jewelry on little Caylee's skeletonized body. (BLESS HER HEART!!!)

Yes I have checked out their site. They make very beautiful jewelry. I'm sure a lot of people would find comfort in having something made to remember their loved one but I don't think I could do it. I think it would just be a personal choice.

As for picking out jewelry for Caylee, I think it meant from her items that she loved to dress up in and wear. I see nothing wrong with wanting items to be buried with her remains, as it's more for the living than the dead. People have different ways to memorialize someone they loved and there is never a wrong way to do it. This is a something that everyone will go through one way or another in their lifetime.

I wondered if that might be what she meant, too. But, another article made it sound like the jewelry was for Caylee.

This is part of a post from Cotton Candy...Bolded by me.

The link in the OP is a pdf file of the police report. This is a quote directly from it:

Cynthia stated she last saw George at 1030 hours on 01/22/08 at the above location. She stated he was leaving
for a job interview. Cynthia stated he left wearing a long sleeve light blue dress shirt and black dress pants.
Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She
stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.
Cynthia said she believes
this might have made him even more depressed.

Many years ago I dated someone whose father dug graves.

People have been buried with motorcycles and even cars.

Buying a beloved granddaughter something pretty as a LAST gift isn't weird. Caylee obviously loved necklaces and bracelets. The cost or reasons shouldn't have to be justified. It doesn't matter what you or I would do or have done.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that George and Cindy love Caylee and that if they want her buried with a "last" gift their intent is loving.

IMO

Yep, my dad knew an old lady that loved her Cadillac so much that she was buried sitting behind the wheel...with her hands ON the wheel, like she was going to drive herself to Heaven.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She (Cindy) stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

What funeral? Shopping for jewelry for a precious baby for a funeral that is not yet planned? Who would not come unglued at this? Cindy THINKS she may have made him more depressed...hmm..She depresses me with the thought of it.:bang:

:ban me:

I suppose people grieve and remember in their own way. I find myself trying to apply some logic to this and it escapes me.

Okay, first the Anthonys started removing tokens from the memorial and donated them to charity, because Caylee would have wanted it that way. Now they either go out to buy jewelry for Caylee to be buried with, presumably because again it's something she would have wanted, or instead they were buying jewelry for Cindy to wear to the funeral.

All very odd and a bit inconsistant in my book, but then again burial customs in general are odd. Grief is a process, but it isn't necessarially logical-- so like the Anthonys, I guess I should just let go and stop trying to understand it.

What funeral? Shopping for jewelry for a precious baby for a funeral that is not yet planned? Who would not come unglued at this? Cindy THINKS she may have made him more depressed...hmm..She depresses me with the thought of it.:bang:

:ban me:

I do not think she asked him to go shopping , I think she meant to help her pick out Caylees favorite jewelry from Caylees jewerly box.IMO They want to be prepared for when JB releases Caylee for her funeral.

I suppose people grieve and remember in their own way. I find myself trying to apply some logic to this and it escapes me.

Okay, first the Anthonys started removing tokens from the memorial and donated them to charity, because Caylee would have wanted it that way. Now they either go out to buy jewelry for Caylee to be buried with, presumably because again it's something she would have wanted, or instead they were buying jewelry for Cindy to wear to the funeral.

All very odd and a bit inconsistant in my book, but then again burial customs in general are odd. Grief is a process, but it isn't necessarially logical-- so like the Anthonys, I guess I should just let go and stop trying to understand it.

The tokens from the memorial were items that Caylee never played with there is no sentimental value attacked. Picking out jewerly for Caylee I took it to mean Caylees own jewerly box .Those items would have sentimal vaue attached and does make logical sense to me.

I think (hope) we will see the majority of posts on this thread to be sympathetic and if not understaning, then certainly accepting. I think this is a time that the posters here on WS will shine, and show the Internet world what we are made of . . . and the huge collective heart that beats within our forum.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they thought otherwise than George and Cindy loved that child with all their hearts; now that they are forced to face the fact that their precious little Caylee is gone forever, those hearts are most assuredly broken. And I have seen the goodness in our posters, and have no doubt that we all identify to varying degrees with their obvious grief and pain.

I held my 3 year old grandson in my lap yesterday, and the thought crossed my mind that he is just a few months younger than Caylee. I was completely taken aback at the depth of sorrow I felt just thinking of him not being here anymore. I cannot imagine what the Anthonys are going through, and I hope for them both that they may find some comfort.

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference, escaping one last time
It's easier to believe
In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
That brings me to my knees

Arms of an Angel
KC has caused alot of grief and anger for alot of people...and her family has been used to placating her during her "emotional times" as we witnessed on video.... that's why alot of us cannot feel sympathy for her family... and that's sad. Unless one can truly understand how a narcissist can reel you into their web and have you in their control, it can be difficult to understand how one like GA can be suffering right now. He has been suffering from CA's dominating control for years now. And KC has this sociopathic personality disorder and has inflicted grief and pain on this family that is just almost too much for him to bear. As dysfunctional as CA is, I know from the videos that both she and GA loved Caylee. And this is a very sad time for him right now. My heart goes out to them...I have really hurt for them, as I know that they loved that baby.

Having to pick out jewelry for his little precious granddaughter may have been the one thing that he just could not do. I had previously heard that they were having Caylee cremated. Anyway, my heart went out to George when I heard that CA asked him to pick out jewelry...I'm sure that can be a difficult thing for him to do...personally I don't think him weak to not be able to do so...grief can literally be debilitating.

When I first read of this, I immediately thought that Cindy wanted Caylee's remains buried or cremated with some of her favorite beads. Look at all the pictures of Caylee with her beads... nothing special, except to Caylee.

Had they been given the opportunity to bury Caylee shortly after her remains were recovered, "autopsied" and re-"autopsied," there would have been very little time to make such decisions. They would have both been engaged in dealing with the details and what they wanted in terms of a funeral and memorial service. These decisions would have been done and over with in short fashion.

Since they have no control over the remains at this point and JB has not been forthcoming with a timeline for them, I think thay have had too much time to dwell on these issues.

As sorrowing grandparents, they want to put Caylee to rest and the only thing holding them up is the "Dream Team" to give them permission. It is cruel and unfathomable that no thought has been given to their situation.

Baez views the remains as evidence only. Cindy and George thing of that pitiful pile of bones as their beloved granddaughter. Casey? She's moved on.

Anything about planning the funeral at this point has been so terribly protracted, and unnecessary, and the delay has caused both of them to be even more on edge than they have been.

Please, let Caylee rest in peace. Let her be buried or creamated with her favorite things. Let there be her jewelry, teddy bears, favorite things join her earthly remains. Let her grandparents out of this long, sad wait.

The tokens from the memorial were items that Caylee never played with there is no sentimental value attacked. Picking out jewerly for Caylee I took it to mean Caylees own jewerly box .Those items would have sentimal vaue attached and does make logical sense to me.

This makes a bit more sense. The wording of the report is rather confusing, and people's retelling of it even more so.

She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.

Pick out from where? Who's jewelry? Why is she asking George to pick out jewelry, normally wouldn't Cindy handle the jewelry questions herself?

It's still a bit odd to give him this task, especially considering that he was depressed.

I think it is bizarre it was ever mentioned about the jewelry incident...but that is just me. :waitasec:

Yeah, I agree that it's kind of bizarre, but maybe there's a different angle to it. I went to a funeral for a stillborn child years ago. Her mother was one of my best friends since childhood. She and her family wanted something to remember this infant, in the form of a small pendant, so she could be with them always. We all have crosses with a tiny gem in it. It's a wonderful way to remember little Angelina and I still have that pendant tucked away safely. Whenever I see Patty, she's wearing it...12 years now:) Sure, she dressed her baby up beautifully, and took pictures, but her baby was still tinted purple. So, I guess it makes her feel better to keep her daughter close to heart. Maybe a locket would be a good choice, one in which a picture could be placved in it. Who even knows. I just thought I'd share that with everyone because maybe there's another reason that jewelry would be purchased, one that's not so selfish. Having said that, yes - I still think it might be a bit bizarre at this point in time ... but who am I to judge? I still have a pendant in rememberance of one of my best friends stillborn daughter. :blowkiss:

Oops! I posted too quickly. I didn't realize the jewelry was for Caylee to be buried with. Is this a fact or just a newspaper report? It would make sense to have some of Caylee's jewelry at her memorial service. In all of her pictures, she almost always has some sort of costume jewelry on.

If there will be an interrment, I can understand wanting to put some of her precious things in the casket with her remains. However, the thought of jewelry for his baby girl's skeleton may have just sent GA over the edge. It would me.

Having to wait until other people are finished handling her bones before being able to have a funeral and burial would make me insane with grief. The A's need some closure and funerals bring a lot of closure to the loved ones. There is a place to "visit" the loved one, a place to leave tokens of love such as fowers, a place to honor the deceased, a place to mourn openly. As it is now, they have nothing of the sort. Their precious baby's remains are "evidence". Horrifying.

Not sure why anyone questions what they want to include in Caylee's burial. We all "seem" to have our own thing, so to speak.. Like my family doesn't play tradional funeral songs, we pick songs that go with the individual. My dad's was "I Did It My Way" and we included multiple things in the casket.

As I sit here holding my precious 3 wk old grandson, looking at his sweet face, I can't fathom the A's pain :( Inspite of everything, they have lost more than most of us could imagine in our wildest dreams.. And NO I find nothing strange about them getting some type of "jewelry" for the funeral..Obivously, they are not ignorant to the "type" of jewelry they planned to include, mentioning earrings is more than just crazy......and mean.

You all can call me weird, I don't care. Before this came out about the jewelry, I was already hoping that maybe the A's would not just put little Caylee's remains in a casket with nothing, but rather include some of her favorite little things. Maybe a stuffed animal, maybe a favorite blanket, maybe her favorit doll, or maybe she loved jewelry, what little girl doesn't? I even went as far as thinking that I hoped they would even clothe her. I have a friend that used to work in a mortuary, and she has had personal experience where only skeletal remains were left, and family wanted their loved one clothed regardless. She explained how the team painstakingly clothed the remains, and also explained that it was not an uncommon request. I can see how this would bring comfort to the family, knowing their loved one was treated with this kind of dignity. I'm not even family to Caylee, yet honestly, it brings me comfort in knowing that the A's are trying to give Caylee this kind of dignity by including a few things that they know Caylee would love.

This makes a bit more sense. The wording of the report is rather confusing, and people's retelling of it even more so.

She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.

Pick out from where? Who's jewelry? Why is she asking George to pick out jewelry, normally wouldn't Cindy handle the jewelry questions herself?

It's still a bit odd to give him this task, especially considering that he was depressed.

It looks like we share the same view. The request sounds a little odd??:confused: To say the least.

I'm still working on "What funeral?"

I believe if it helps the people that are left behind grieving with the loss of a love one , some comfort in dealing with the loss as some has stated then yes it is healing but all agree it is a personal thing. The item and also the meaning behind the object.
I believe it may have been something she should have done with out asking George to pick out those items..but who are we to judge what is going on with the emotions of these two poor pitiful people.
They need to be in grief counseling TODAY..Baez needs to stop the emotional blackmail and let them be able to say their final good-by's. I can't imagine any reason Baez can have for continuing to hold on to her remains. It is a shame. Clothes on, clothes off, jewelry on or off, it is all up to the A's and nothing said or done will ever bring that baby back.
I remember at my dads funeral up until the moment, the funeral director closed the lid I was able to deal with every plan but then I lost it and cried like I have never cried before. I think the closure received when you know you have gone,as far as you can go with your loved one is so needed for GA CA LA..
Casey has destroyed many more lives than just her own..

:eek:
Or maybe help her pick jewelry out for Caylee's funeral was for HIM to wear? Pick cufflinks, etc???? Just tossing thoughts out there. I just did not get it that it was for Caylee. I could be wrong, however. I've never planned a funeral...and hope to never for many years to come.

Lavanda. I think you are great........but...........Pink Cufflinks??:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back