GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Checking in too... been looking all day for updates and nothing. :( We are all thinking about you beautiful Mariha. :heartbeat:

I know they've said DNA would be back today. I'm now wondering if DNA will be a lengthy wait like it was in Toni Kellers case. It was months due to the state of her remains. :( Unless LE is waiting to make an arrest and announce DNA results after an arrest.

when I first started following this case I didn't even consider the Aunt and her "friends" may have had anything to do with this. Now I am reconsidering. Especially since they have said no signs of sexual assualt. I'm thinking drunken drug induced rage in which Mariha's was hurt (possibly hit hard enough to crush her skull) - and then they needed to smother her. It's possible they could have gotten someone who 'owed them' to dispose of her already deceased body- that person chose arson. :( Add to that Mariha's aunt said she left the home at 3:30am. IIRC this was HER home, so why would the aunt that lived there leave at 3:30am when her kids were there?

I know they've said DNA would be back today. I'm now wondering if DNA will be a lengthy wait like it was in Toni Kellers case. It was months due to the state of her remains. :( Unless LE is waiting to make an arrest and announce DNA results after an arrest.

when I first started following this case I didn't even consider the Aunt and her "friends" may have had anything to do with this. Now I am reconsidering. Especially since they have said no signs of sexual assualt. I'm thinking drunken drug induced rage in which Mariha's was hurt (possibly hit hard enough to crush her skull) - and then they needed to smother her. It's possible they could have gotten someone who 'owed them' to dispose of her already deceased body- that person chose arson. :( Add to that Mariha's aunt said she left the home at 3:30am. IIRC this was HER home, so why would the aunt that lived there leave at 3:30am when her kids were there?

The aunt that said she left at 3:30 was Felisha.
The aunt that is behing held is Quanita.
The aunt that the house belongs to is Virginia IIRC.

So many aunts!
So hard to keep up.

Now they are calling some of the aunts cousins.

:crazy:

So many aunts!
So hard to keep up.

They are also questioning Quanita's boyfriend.

The mother of Mariha is Konesha and they are looking for her boyfriend, maybe.

I had not heard before about Felisha or Virginia being questioned beyond the initial questioning.

AND these are just FOUR of the TWELVE siblings. :banghead:

Being one of 12 siblings, and with most of them being local, I can imagine there could be a lot of potential perps. Who knows how many angry people, ex bf's or ex Gf's or drug dealers or whatever, that may have been lurking in the shadows that night?

So many aunts!
So hard to keep up.

Where all three of the above Aunts at the 'party' that night?

Ok, I can see one leaving at 3:30am if she did not live there.

Has it been said who was left at the house at 3-3:30am?

I assume mom 'passed out' at 3am. Then someone else said they put the daughter to bed at 3:30am. Was she already asleep in a different area and moved to where she was put to bed? Or was she still up at 3:30am when this aunt left. And was the aunt who left the same aunt who put Mariha to bed?

ay yi yi! confusion is right!

Being one of 12 siblings, and with most of them being local, I can imagine there could be a lot of potential perps. Who knows how many angry people, ex bf's or ex Gf's or drug dealers or whatever, that may have been lurking in the shadows that night?

Exactly. And from the FB snooping i have been doing i can see any of the above being responsible. I also saw a reply to a status for one of the 'sisters' that pretty much said that she can get some Bit** killed if needed because she (or her BF, i couldn't make it all out lol) know 'thugs'. Could be all talk but not the kind of talk you should be doing on open FB pages in that area. JMO.

Where all three of the above Aunts at the 'party' that night?

Ok, I can see one leaving at 3:30am if she did not live there.

Has it been said who was left at the house at 3-3:30am?

I assume mom 'passed out' at 3am. Then someone else said they put the daughter to bed at 3:30am. Was she already asleep in a different area and moved to where she was put to bed? Or was she still up at 3:30am when this aunt left. And was the aunt who left the same aunt who put Mariha to bed?

ay yi yi! confusion is right!

My understanding was that FS left at 3:30 am and they called her later while she was on her way to Church to ask if she saw Mariha.

One of the cousins, Felisha Smith, said she was the last person to see the girl.

"I was the one who laid her down on the dining room floor and I gave her a hug and a kiss and everything," she said. "I left at 3:30 and she was still in the house. I was on my way to church and they called me and said, 'Do you got Mariah?' And I said, 'No, I do not.'"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

Cousin, Aunt, Sister, who knows!!!

If they are releasing the survelliance of a POI, that tells me the chances are greater this person has is not known to immediate family. Perhaps the person is a stranger or has ties to someone known to the family, but not known by immediate family.

jmo

I am going to assume that this means no sign of rape, because I cant imagine how they would know if she was assaulted in other ways. :(

If they are releasing the survelliance of a POI, that tells me the chances are greater this person has is not known to immediate family. Perhaps the person is a stranger or has ties to someone known to the family, but not known by immediate family.

jmo

I'm thinking ties to QS. She's the one who failed the poly.
She's also the one who said in a video taped interview that KS was on pain meds for a broken leg (even though KS's leg is not broken) and that the meds made her sleep hard.

Exactly. And from the FB snooping i have been doing i can see any of the above being responsible. I also saw a reply to a status for one of the 'sisters' that pretty much said that she can get some Bit** killed if needed because she (or her BF, i couldn't make it all out lol) know 'thugs'. Could be all talk but not the kind of talk you should be doing on open FB pages in that area. JMO.

Yep, I've been doing a lot of snooping of my own.

There are some very :waitasec: stuff going on with many members of this family.

Why they put it out on FB is beyond me.

JMO

I am going to assume that this means no sign of rape, because I cant imagine how they would know if she was assaulted in other ways. :(

May be graphic for some:

From the start i could not understand burning a child for any other reason than to burn away evidence. Today i was talking to someone that said if the perp used a condom without spermicide then how can they tell she wasn't assaulted? I assume she was in tact with no evidence of penetration for them to conclude no sexual assault (Dang i feel gross typing that).

And so i go back to thinking - what on earth makes someone burn a child when they are already dead???

My theories with the evidence we have:

1. Someone in that house accidentally killed her while high/drunk. There was panic. Someone knew of the empty crack house where kids are known to be traded for drugs, took her there and then decided to burn her in hopes that suffocation and/or possible Skull damage or just facial bruising/bleeding would be burnt to ashes.

2. Someone in that family had a big mouth, owed money, did drugs and threatened someone that night. The person they threatened walked right in, took Mariah and made a statement, reinforced by gun shots at her vigil.

But for some reason, i can't shake that this is a family thing. The Uncle getting her name tattooed stinks to me. Maybe he's a doting uncle, i don't know but to me, a tattoo of that kind is to celebrate your own child or to remember a dead one. Tattooing the name of one of your many nieces/nephews after less than a week of them missing just makes me think you know she's gone, forever.

I hope i wake to more information tomorrow. This one has really hit me hard because of the burning. That poor child.

I'm thinking ties to QS. She's the one who failed the poly.
She's also the one who said in a video taped interview that KS was on pain meds for a broken leg (even though KS's leg is not broken) and that the meds made her sleep hard.

Right now, (for me) unless there is a direct quote from LE stating QS failed the poly, I'm taking info from family as finger pointing.

As far as I saw QS was being held on traffic tickets non related to the disappearance of Mariha.

It might be that she obtained prescription drugs for Mariha's mom illegally and that is what she lied about? That's just a guess.

As far as I've read, I thought QS did NOT attend the party Saturday night. Or at least I haven't seen she did attend the party.

Still confused.

I'm just praying LE id's the POI who purchased the .41 or .57 cents worth of gas. Once that person is id'd the rest of the pieces will fall in place.

One of the cousins, Felisha Smith, said she was the last person to see the girl.

"I was the one who laid her down on the dining room floor and I gave her a hug and a kiss and everything," she said. "I left at 3:30 and she was still in the house. I was on my way to church and they called me and said, 'Do you got Mariah?' And I said, 'No, I do not.'"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

Cousin, Aunt, Sister, who knows!!!

Sorry, I should probably bite my tongue and sit on my hands. But WHY is a 5 yr old being ' laid down on the dining room floor' AT 3:30 AM??????? Why isn't she snug as a bug in her bed in her jammies at that time. Where was she BEFORE she was put to sleep pre-dawn on the dining room floor?

We know her mom was passed out drunk on the couch by then. But where were the other adults while this baby [and probably her younger siblings] were put to bed on the floor? This whole thing confounds me.

Sorry, I should probably bite my tongue and sit on my hands. But WHY is a 5 yr old being ' laid down on the dining room floor' AT 3:30 AM??????? Why isn't she snug as a bug in her bed in her jammies at that time. Where was she BEFORE she was put to sleep pre-dawn on the dining room floor?

We know her mom was passed out drunk on the couch by then. But where were the other adults while this baby [and probably her younger siblings] were put to bed on the floor? This whole thing confounds me.

My guess? They were probably hanging around the adults. I don't believe she was tucked in and hugged and kissed for one second.

In a sense i can understand there not being much room in a 700 sq ft house after a party and so putting all the kids to sleep in the dining room but i don't think that is what happened. The drugged/drunk passed out mom says her kids were in the room with her. Who knows what to believe. The only thing i truly believe is that those kids deserve far better than the life they have.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back