GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far did she have to go to get drinks for the other kids? It sounds like she was going past the other apartments and through a parking lot. I hope they have searched the neighbors cars and bedrooms.

Do we know how many kids were at the playground? Maybe once the babysitter went back, along with some other kids, Jorely decided to after to go along, and got sidetracked by a person....

How far did she have to go to get drinks for the other kids? It sounds like she was going past the other apartments and through a parking lot. I hope they have searched the neighbors cars and bedrooms.

I haven't seen where her apartment is located or how close it is to the play ground. One of the articles had pictures of LE searching vehicles and I think the article also stated LE went searching door to door.

Do we know how many kids were at the playground? Maybe once the babysitter went back, along with some other kids, Jorely decided to after to go along, and got sidetracked by a person....

I don't think it's been stated how many kids were at the playground. I'm guessing her other two siblings were there with her and the babysitter since the other was sleeping. It's now being said that Jorely was the one who went back for drinks, not the babysitter.

I'm afraid a neighbor, someone visiting someone in the apartment complex, or even possibly someone passing through could have taken her and immediately left before it was noticed she was missing.

So now we have a clarification, Jorely went back to the apartment to get drinks and not the babysitter. Are there cameras in the complex?

Thanks everyone for letting me know it is still light outside at 5pm further south.

From the above link in Peachy's post #52:

She was in the care of a babysitter when she went back to her apartment to get a drink for her and some other children, Det. Worthy said.
She never came back.

This sounds like Jorely left the playground to go get everyone drinks and never came back. If that's the case, I wonder if she got sidetracked and went to stay at another friends. If so, I don't know why she wouldn't have showed up yesterday. Though it is a weekend, and some parents wouldn't think about confirming a child could stay overnight, or even stay all weekend.

My other thought is someone abducted her enroute to the apartment. We don't know as of yet how far the walk was from the playground to her particular apartment.

Praying Jorely is found safely today.

WSBTV local news broadcast...

LE is beginning another massive search
mother went to church this morning to pray

No new information reported.

This is one case that sounds like a true abduction to me...unlike almost any of the other cases currently on the boards...JMO. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area? How far was she supposed to have had to go to get from play area back to apartment?

I haven't seen where her apartment is located or how close it is to the play ground. One of the articles had pictures of LE searching vehicles and I think the article also stated LE went searching door to door.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/index-2.html
http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/index-4.html

It says there are two playgrounds located within the complex. The pics are not helpful, but fwiw. It's the second link.

What scares me the most about Jorely is, it seems to be general knowledge among the neighbors that Jorely and her siblings were not well supervised. Perfect scenario for a predator to watch and act upon.

Was there a boyfriend in the picture here?

I know LE can't just bust in and search all the apartments. I feel she is there somewhere though. I wonder who hasn't answered the door or refused a search? Do we know how long it was between the time Jorely went missing and when she was reported missing?

This is one case that sounds like a true abduction to me...unlike almost any of the other cases currently on the boards...JMO. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area? How far was she supposed to have had to go to get from play area back to apartment?

I have to agree that this case sounds like a true abduction.

I don't know how close or far her apartment was from the playground, but at 5:30, the parking lot would not only be filling up with cars, but it would be dusk.

As far as cameras, I don't think the complex itself has any to speak of. I'm not familiar with that particular area of Canton, but I can tell you that lots of areas of Canton and Cherokee county can be pretty rural. As in, lots of country backroads once you get out of the 'burbs. (Because metro-Atlanta traffic is so bad, even heading into or out of the 'burbs, most locals know a rural back-way to almost anywhere, just to avoid getting on a busy expressway or congested thoroughfare.)

I know LE can't just bust in and search all the apartments. I feel she is there somewhere though. I wonder who hasn't answered the door or refused a search? Do we know how long it was between the time Jorely went missing and when she was reported missing?

BBM
I thought it was pretty quickly. Like she was last seen around 5 and police were called at 5:30. I'll have to check. :waitasec:

ETA: Most articles I'm reading state police began searching at 5:30.

This video shows the playground. It looks like it is at the end of a group of apartments and adjacent to the parking/access road.

[video=youtube;lq9WvM8eNn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq9WvM8eNn8[/video]

At your video link Peachy ... At :56 mark, "Jorely left the playground to go get some drinks at her apartment, just across the parking lot".

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/search-continues-for-abducted-1249642.html

Wow, so she didn't have far to go it sounds like. This video also says Mom was asleep in the apartment while this happened, so I assume she doesn't know if Jorely made it into the apartment or not. I wish one of the reporters would video walk her path so we could see the exact route.

Let me throw this thought out..do we know for sure the teenage babysitter was a girl could it have been a boy? I believe I read the teenager lives in the home?

Sounds a lot like Sandra Cantu, too. :( Disappeared in her own apartment complex. If we get a video of her skipping happily across the parking lot I might just lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy