GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

IMO he got caught up in the lucrative business of prescription pill dealing. I know a little about the "pill mills" in Florida because I was approached by someone at my Dr office here in NY with a "great" offer. I would get a free trip to Florida, my medical expenses taken care of and make some money in exchange I would go to 5 appointments at various clinics to get scripts for pain meds. I would fill the scripts and keep a certain amount for my own needs and give the rest to the person who was the "cooridinater". I knew that was not There is a HUGE problem down there with clinics and people doctor shopping. They had a big player onthere telling how it works. They recruit people to go to Florida and go from clinic to clinic getting multiple scripts in the course of a day or 2. If they can recruit people who have legitimate pain issues all the better because they are usually in a situation where they

Did you take the offer? (kidding)
The prescription pill dealing crossed my mind, too, especially w/ him having a history of taking prescript. meds.

I also think the wife may have known or suspected there was a girlfriend in the picture - you never know.

Did you take the offer? (kidding)
The prescription pill dealing crossed my mind, too, especially w/ him having a history of taking prescript. meds.

I also think the wife may have known or suspected there was a girlfriend in the picture - you never know.

No and I lost that whole post sdid a short version. I reported it to the Dr office and they called the police.

She may have had it from before he got the 2nd phone. She may have called it a) because she knew he was in Maine and b) because she was desperate.

I see what you're saying, though.

I'd be curious to know how long he's had each of the phones and if one was the prepaid kind that wouldn't generate monthly (e)mail.

That is possible as well. We all know that when someone cheats on their spouse, they do not actually think everything through and make dumb mistakes as they try to cover up their cheating.

IMO he got caught up in the lucrative business of prescription pill dealing.

Last week there was a show on TV about it that caught my attention. This is a HUGE problem down there with clinics and people doctor shopping. They had a big player ont here telling how it works. They recruit people to go to Florida and go from clinic to clinic getting multiple scripts in the course of a day or 2. If they can recruit people who have legitimate pain issues all the better because they are usually in a situation where they are unable to work and have financial problems. I don't quite understand how someone who has lawsuits going and pain issues that require narcotic medications could ever function as a fireman. This story just fits in so well with how it works that it seems obvious to me. I think that LE is playing dumb in order to ferret out who the big gun is behind the operation. Think about it they let POI go with no answers being given. Everyone knows more than they are letting on and are either playing dumb out of fear for themselves.

Maine and Florida are two of the states with huge problems in the dealing of pain pills...I know that much to be true, from various news stories. Whether or not it is related to this case, who knows...but I agree with other posters that the mystery to me is how he got away from his family as often as once a month without a pretty good explanation and proof of where he was going...JMO

Maine and Florida are two of the states with huge problems in the dealing of pain pills...I know that much to be true, from various news stories. Whether or not it is related to this case, who knows...but I agree with other posters that the mystery to me is how he got away from his family as often as once a month without a pretty good explanation and proof of where he was going...JMO

I think his wife knew that he was involved in something but as long as $$$ was coming in she closed her eyes. I don't know if she knew about the GF or not but that may not be true either. Seeing as the GF knew the couple in question maybe she is just saying that to make it seem like he was coming to see her and it has nothing to do with drugs. She could be part of an alibi or she may be his GF but is a part of this and is only telling that he came to be with her in hopes that it clears her involvement. I wonder if she has any proof of their relationship? After 10 months of seeing him I would think there would be something.

http://www.wvii.com/stories.html?sku=20120224175826

"Also, state officials are confirming to ABC 7/FOX Bangor that law enforcement searched a load of trash from Bangor at the *Penobscot Energy Recovery Company* in Orrington, yesterday, in connection to this investigation.
Officials also confirm that the Attorney General's Office is now involved with the case, though investigators are looking at a variety of possibilities."

WFTV talks to dad and sister of missing Seminole County firefighter who have gone from New York to Maine to search for Jerry.

One new item was that the article states family members said Perdomo stopped and met them in New York when he visited friends in Maine. Not sure if they meant this time or other times but would cut into the amount of time actually spent in Bangor.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/wftv-talk-dad-and-sister-missing-seminole-county-f/nKQS5/

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...missing-firefighter-was-in-bangor-to-see-her/

By Judy Harrison, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 25, 2012, at 12:35 p.m.
Last modified Feb. 25, 2012, at 7:30 p.m

BANGOR, Maine — The father and half sister of a Florida man missing since Feb. 16 arrived Friday afternoon at the downtown bus station from New York City.

perdomo-search-2-KB-600x446.jpg

My laptop doesn't have sound, can someone post a brief synopsis of the wife's interview? I'm dying to hear from her!

Just got home last night. Was in Maine for 3 days.

Great dad, great husband, and everybody loves him. Feels devastated, in shock; it's surreal. Kids miss him. Went out of town Wed. to help a friend. Last phone call was to her, told her he loved her and the kids. Police are doing an amazing job looking for him. All of the things being said, if it doesn't come from her or LE, it is a rumor. Most important thing right now is for him to come home.

spent 3 days in ME looking for him
he's a great dad & husband & everyone loves him
the 2 kids want him home & daughter keeps asking for him
LE is doing an amazing job
anything not reported by LE is just rumor & don't believe

(IMO it sounds like she's denying girlfriend)

(Surphie is a faster typerer)

My laptop doesn't have sound, can someone post a brief synopsis of the wife's interview? I'm dying to hear from her!

"He's a great dad, he's a great husband". She feels devastated and in shock. Everything feels surreal and that the kids need their dad. He told her he was going out of town to help a friend. He left on Wednesday and phoned her on Thursday (7:00pm, she says last phone call made) and told her he loved her and the kids and would phone her later.

When his car was found at Walmart she got on a plane and spent 3 days with detectives. She says she needed to see the area. Says LE is doing an amazing job and all she wants is to bring him home.

Regarding all the rumors.. If you don't hear it from her or investigators it is just rumors.

ETA..LOL I am a very slow typist.

She also said "His last call to me was Thursday night to tell me that he loved me and to kiss the kids".

I too believe she is denying the gf...

The woman approached a news crew from WESH, the NBC affiliate in Orlando covering the story, in Bangor on Thursday. “Lisa” said Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla., had been staying with her up until the night he disappeared, Feb. 16, according to a story posted on the television station’s website.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...missing-firefighter-was-in-bangor-to-see-her/

I hadn't noticed it before, but interesting that the gf approached the media about her involvement with Jerry. So, it seems she deliberately put herself out there in all this. That seems odd to me.

The woman approached a news crew from WESH, the NBC affiliate in Orlando covering the story, in Bangor on Thursday. “Lisa” said Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla., had been staying with her up until the night he disappeared, Feb. 16, according to a story posted on the television station’s website.

I hadn't noticed it before, but interesting that the gf approached the media about her involvement with Jerry. So, it seems she deliberately put herself out there in all this. That seems odd to me.

I agree, very odd. I wonder if the media checked her out before running with this story. She could just be some crazy person, for all we know.

It doesn't make sense that Lisa would not at least know this couple's name. I'll be curious if LE establishes that she does know them. She could be pulling a "look here not there" type thing.

It doesn't make sense that Lisa would not at least know this couple's name. I'll be curious if LE establishes that she does know them. She could be pulling a "look here not there" type thing.

BBM, Especially considering this statement;
Police said family members told them Perdomo has made the same trip in the past to visit friends.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/240397/19/Search-continues-for-missing-firefighter

ETA..Oops, sorry I thought you meant the wife..wrong person.

That may be bad reporting by the Bangor Daily News. If you watch the actual WESH report, nobody says she approached the media, just that WESH "has tracked the woman who says she was with" Perdomo.

http://www.wesh.com/news/30536929/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back