LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, what now bothers me, is that other white truck, heading away from Landry on University, there has to also be a discrepancy on that time as well. Adding, apparently this one has been ruled out.

I think its the same truck!

JMO

It sure does! What is the problem here?! Maybe it should be brought to LE's attention, esp since it specifically states 'Saturday'!

This definately needs to be checked into.

We are talking a 12 minute difference from what has been released to the time on the photo.

It could be a sync problem but if it is not then that means we are probably dealing with a very different window of opportunity and a much different timeframe.

It sure does! What is the problem here?! Maybe it should be brought to LE's attention, esp since it specifically states 'Saturday'!

I don't think they were trying to lie to us or mislead us about the times because otherwise they would've made sure to crop that out. I imagine the timestamp at the top is just a corrected one because the times on all cams weren't accurate or in sync.

all of those pictures of the whiskey bay exit are so creepy. the photographer did a good job.

as to a camera being there. i do hope they put one, but these kidnapper killers will just find some other creepy area to dump things and people. so sad.

i wonder if DTL was acting alone in his all of his murders? just a thought. maybe he had an accomplice some of the times? someone that is still on the outside. i doubt it, but trying to think like those crazy mystery shows do

i sure do wish chicken fried will finish his work soon. i'm eager to see what he found out. things seem so dead end right now.

That is odd. Maybe the camera that took that pic does not have an accurately set clock and LE were aware of that and used the difference from "realtime" to calculate the official timestamp.

I brought this issue up several threads ago, and I'm only left to assume that LE uses a "Relative Time" concept to sync all of the different cameras to a standardized/official (e.g. the Atomic Clock, an indicator of which is that little tone you hear at the exact moment of "top of the hour", leading into the news, if you listen to any of the major radio news networks).

So the timestamp on the LCG video may be 8 minutes ahead/behind a different location's video, but LE likely has taken that into consideration and, based on their "official time" baseline, lists the correct time in any official releases.

At least that would be how I would handle it. Of course, YMMV.

ETA: Yeah, what A.C.I. said.

I don't think they were trying to lie to us or mislead us about the times because otherwise they would've made sure to crop that out. I imagine the timestamp at the top is just a corrected one because the times on all cams weren't accurate or in sync.

They could have assumed the LCG video had the correct time stamp. That , of course, would be assuming that the government clocks are on time.

Chicken Fried was intimating last night that the ones in the back may not have been functioning, so....

At the very least it adds to my unease with LPD. IMO there should have been a note released with the pic to disregard the bottom timestamp. Or, for that matter, to disregard the top timestamp.

I brought this issue up several threads ago, and I'm only left to assume that LE uses a "Relative Time" concept to sync all of the different cameras to a standardized/official (e.g. the Atomic Clock, an indicator of which is that little tone you hear at the exact moment of "top of the hour", leading into the news, if you listen to any of the major radio news networks).

So the timestamp on the LCG video may be 8 minutes ahead/behind a different location's video, but LE likely has taken that into consideration and, based on their "official time" baseline, lists the correct time in any official releases.

At least that would be how I would handle it. Of course, YMMV.

That's a good thought. They could easily compare them to the atomic clock and adjust accordingly. Probably routine in such investigations.

So, that's already three people found out there, and possibly one more, Mickey. I think it's high time Lafayette people start to sit on the steps of City Hall and demand cameras out there at Whiskey Bridge. Had they already had them, we might know who took Mickey. Or at least have some better idea who did it.

It's not in Lafayette Parish!

didnt he graduate High School?
Maybe i read wrong!

Is he young?

yes, he graduated highschool. i think they said he was 17, which is still young. 17 year olds are vulnerable. i know that he's going to college and all, but i would still try to protect him from the spotlight. emotionally i think it would be very difficult to go through those media interviews. i felt so bad for charlene when the radio DJ said, so tell me, your sister WAS a friendly person. she DIDN'T have any enemies etc. he used past tense a few times and i could see in her face that it got to her.

They could have assumed the LCG video had the correct time stamp. That , of course, would be assuming that the government clocks are on time.

Chicken Fried was intimating last night that the ones in the back may not have been functioning, so....

Why would the back cameras not function but the front ones do? I don't see that being the case

I believe I have found a live feed of the actual camera that captured the Olds 98 and white truck outside the cemetery.

I want to get permission before posting the link.

The link is publicly accessible.

didnt he graduate High School?
Maybe i read wrong!

Is he young?

I've been following these threads from the beginning. I'm from Lafayette but now live in NOLA, don't know Mickey but have plenty friends-of-friends-of-friends connections (because that's how Laf is) ...

Yes he graduated high school on the Sunday of the weekend she went missing. When she missed the graduation, that's when the family knew something was up.

(Sorry to respond to this so late, I've been waiting for mod approval.)

I've been following these threads from the beginning. I'm from Lafayette but now live in NOLA, don't know Mickey but have plenty friends-of-friends-of-friends connections (because that's how Laf is) ...

Yes he graduated high school on the Sunday of the weekend she went missing. When she missed the graduation, that's when the family knew something was up.

:welcome: to WS.

Thanks and welcome.

:welcome:

Oh ok, I didn't know, but who's ever jurisdiction it's in needs to be pushed for a cam out there.

(I'm for more cameras in general. Go ahead, "invade my privacy," if it means I'm safer - especially in sketchy areas.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth