GUILTY WA - Barry Swegle for bulldozing neighbors' homes, Port Angeles, 2013

BuzzieCat

Reaction score
Wow, that guy must have some temper! Now, hopefully, he will be in jail and won't be a threat to his neighbors anymore. I wonder what they were arguing about.

Fence lines! He bulldozed homes because of that? Wow

Very peeved. Quite peeved. Peeved beyond the limits of human endurance peeved.

It wasn't me. I don't have a bulldozer.

I will confess to being tempted at times. But never seriously.

It wasn't me. I don't have a bulldozer.

I will confess to being tempted at times. But never seriously.

I also confess: My first thought when I saw this story was, "There, but for the grace of God and access to earth-moving equipment, go I."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/barry-swegle-bulldozer_n_3255424.html

Jesse Major, a 19-year-old student who said his grandmother lives in one of the damaged homes, told the paper that Swegle is known in the neighborhood because he sometimes digs seemingly random holes with a bulldozer late at night.
:floorlaugh:
(Bold by me)

It's really not funny, but at the same time it kind of is.

I've felt annoyed at neighbors in the past, too, but the most I've ever done is stew around in my house a little. Surely he could have appealed to the proper authorities to have his property lines and the offending fences checked instead of mowing down everything in sight.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/a...130519995/neighbors-tell-of-bulldozer-rampage

Main said he called 9-1-1 emergency dispatchers for help because Swegle was headed that direction and Main thought he was not veering away from other neighbors running from the bulldozer.
Swegle then reportedly continued northeast toward Davis' home, where Davis' wife, Mary, 74, was resting inside.

Davis said he had tried to call her on his cell phone as Swegle approached the house but could not get through immediately.

“I told her to get the heck out of there,” Davis said when his wife called back.

Wonder why he was digging random deep holes. He could have hit gas or cable lines doing that. Now he can argue over which bunk to sleep in for awhile in a small confined space.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...n-release-for-man-who-bulldozed-neighborhood/

A man who went on a bulldozing rampage in his neighborhood after a dispute with a neighbor will soon be released from prison, while his former neighbors are still dealing with the wreckage he left behind.

Barry Swegle, 51, of Port Angeles, Washington, pleaded guilty to seven counts of first-degree malicious mischief and three counts of reckless endangerment three months ago for his bulldozer attack on his neighborhood last year. Swegle was sentenced to 29 months in state prison.

With time served and time off for good behavior, he could be released as early as next month, which his former neighbor Dan Davis is not happy about. “Our justice stinks,” Davis told “20/20.”

I also confess: My first thought when I saw this story was, "There, but for the grace of God and access to earth-moving equipment, go I."
OH my gosh, I almost died laughing at your comment. Something about the way you phrased it just completely amused me and sounded like something i would say. Thank goodness that most of us don't have access to earth-moving equipment, lol!

I can understand how neighbors can drive you nuts and things get really tense in neighborhoods and the city and people get quite territorial. Once upon a time I happily lived in the city but now i am so thankful to live in a place where the only neighbors for miles are our in-laws and they are half a mile away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back