Deceased/Not Found TX - Daisja Weaver, 9 mos, Dallas, 8 June 2009 *A. Weaver guilty*

found this comment in one of the links to reports....should be viewed as a *rumor*

"so sad this is my co workers baby its to be believed that the father of the baby took her unsure if that info is true or not, our paryers are with the familyso sad this is my co workers baby its to be believed that the father of the baby took her unsure if that info is true or not, our paryers are with the family"

Hey Whitehawk - I see you hanging out here :) How goes it? What do you think? Does this story make any sense to you? If the apt # is 407 or 477, wouldn't that indicate they were on the 4th floor? What would be rapist jumps out a 4th floor window, with a baby no less? I'm not seeing this happening. Sorry, it's just not believable (add smirky smilie here).

Salem

Maybe I am getting too cynical, but there is something hinky about this report. Anytime there are conflicting or changing stories, I always think that someone is trying to cover up something.

I hope I am wrong and they find this angel.

I have been following this story and really hope that this baby is found safe. The only discription I have read or seen of the perp is that it was a hispanic male in a red and black hoodie. Anyone seen any other discription than that? I think it was in the 90's that day, awfully hot for a hoodie. If they were going to release a sketch does anyone know how long it takes? TIA

a couple of things that stood out

1. pregnant mother

2. 9-month-old Daisja Weaver, who was sleeping in a car seat, ( was she strapped into the car seat? did the perp take her in the car seat?...seems like if the baby was asleep in the car seat while they were moving....she would have been straped in...i would think it would take a while for some guy to try and udo the straps to get her out...enough time that the mother could fight him off.....and what guy would mess with a straped in baby...unless he grabed the car seat and all....but why couldnt the mother have chased him...yelling for help...was she hurt that bad....she didnt look that hurt in the interview....these are just some things that crossed my mind to night....

I will say something re the baby sleeping in a car seat. When my daughter was around that age and she had a cold/congestion/cough I found letting her sleep in the car seat in our bedroom really helped. It provided the ability for her to "sit up" enough that the coughing didn't keep her up at night. Just my thoughts on the car seat....

Texas is a long way from Vegas and the age seems off. But I'm just going to put this new case out there.

NV-Toddler found dead in Las Vegas dumpster - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

At first the article stated the baby was 18-24 months but updates now say she was less than one year old and African American. You're right, Vegas is a long way from Dallas but you never know.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/10/baby-found-dead-dumpster-near-convention-center/

"It was not the conflicting stories, it was the fact that she was not able to give us a definitive suspect description, and that's one of the criteria" for an Amber alert, Janse said. "So throughout the interview, we kept trying to get a better description before we put out the Amber Alert."

The parents, whom police did not identify, were released and are considered witnesses, Janse said.

"I think they had to be out by today, so that's not uncommon," Dallas police Senior Cpl. Kevin Janse said. "They had a deadline to meet, so that's why they were moving late."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...idnap_11met.ART.Central.Edition1.50d5103.html

So, the parents did NOT give conflicting stories... the LACK of the description CONFLICTED with the amber alert criterion.

Also, could the baby have been sleeping in the car seat that night because they had already moved the crib?

I'm giving the parents a wide berth on this one until more information comes out about the exact details.

The reason is, I know what it's like to be that disadvantaged ecomonically. As a child and in early adulthood. You do what you got to do.

No pictures? I agree that they may not have had money for pictures, even disposable cameras because the film has to be developed.

Car Seat? That shows to me that they took the bed for the baby to the new apt first, so that when they did get moved in the baby would have her bed to sleep in.

But I'm very curious as to if this Father is the bio-father. If he is not, where is the bio-father and what is his name and does he have an alibi.

Just some thoughts, nothing earth-shaking :)

As a personal aside I can remember as a young kid (up until about 5th grade) that we had to move many times late at night (middle of night). Couldn't make rent and we had a date to get out of that apt. Just a personal note, not a connection with this case.

As far as the baby sleeping in the car seat, I remember several times when my daughter slept like that, either because she had a cold and it was easier to breathe, or because she was *finally* asleep and I wasn't going to risk waking her up. Not really an issue, IMO.

As another poster stated earlier in the thread it's also possible dad was going to the new apartment at midnite because maybe he works a shift that only allows him to do the moving at night. Or maybe doing things in the new apartment that you wouldn't want to expose the pregnant mom to....painting, cleaning w/ bleach, etc.

I will say I don't like the feeling I get about this story but I'm not totally ready to throw these parents to the wolves yet either.

Maybe I am too old to understand 2008 priorities, but I see so many cases where parents (and I use that term broadly) have the resources to have Myspace, Facebook, and Photobucket accounts but don't take the time and effort to actually be responsible parents to their children. I know that internet access is free at public libraries, but you still have to have the digital images to upload not to mention the time and effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just tired of parental priorities, at least from my perspective, being skewed.

Maybe I am too old to understand 2008 priorities, but I see so many cases where parents (and I use that term broadly) have the resources to have Myspace, Facebook, and Photobucket accounts but don't take the time and effort to actually be responsible parents to their children. I know that internet access is free at public libraries, but you still have to have the digital images to upload not to mention the time and effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just tired of parental priorities, at least from my perspective, being skewed.

Amen, flutter1. Could not agree more.

This is in a nicer area of Dallas, I live just a few miles southeast.
Police should have a sketch out today, I would think, but just of a faceless hoodie wearing person? This crime of course could have happened there, but I'm inclined to believe if the mother was not directly involved, maybe the bio dad, ex boyfriend, someone known to her?

If we are to believe the mom the primary motivation of this crime was a rape.

Also, if the perp takes the baby as an afterthought why not grab the whole car seat?

(((just thinking out loud))))

If we are to believe the mom the primary motivation of this crime was a rape.

Also, if the perp takes the baby as an afterthought why not grab the whole car seat?

(((just thinking out loud))))

That's what I was thinking too. Why waste the time trying to undo the straps of the carseat and take the baby out? Makes no sense.

i think the baby was the target, if indeed someone came into the house

I watched the video of the mother without sound so I could look at her face without distractions.

If she is lying, man she deserves an academy award. No doubt.

I'm not saying she isn't, I'm just saying she fronts a good game. Direct eye contact with interviewer. Sustained eye contact. Susan Smith couldn't even pull that one off.

I'll be watching this one with great interest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back