The Front Porch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very similar home situation and agree to some extent. However, for those saying that they would sit in front at their homes, honestly, would you sit for hours on a tiny cement porch? I would bet that most of you with the big back deck don't have a tiny cement porch to sit on. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I just feel that there is more to it than just the socializing.

Where are you speculating that they sat? On the steps in front or the patio area to the left? The patio area looks more than big enough for two people.

Josie, you brought up a good point about the kids being in the house for 4 hours without real supervision (IMO). Were they just watching movies the whole time? Boys are pretty active and I would expect them to jump and play fight, that kind of thing or playing videogames. Did they go into the basement? Did they go into the backyard to play? I read about a fairy movie or something like that. The 4 year old would be interested in Lisa since girls that age tend to love dolls and playing mommy. Those kids need to be re-interviewed. This is so aggravating.

after all this time i've just realised....DB said they were watching a fairytale movie,what movie lasts 4hours and a kids one at that????? most kids movies are 90mins at the most and even if they stayed in the room watching the movie until it was finished what did they do for the other 2 1/2 hours? just sit quietly and twiddle their thumbs?:waitasec::banghead:

Where are you speculating that they sat? On the steps in front or the patio area to the left? The patio area looks more than big enough for two people.

It has been verified that they sat on the tiny steps/porch on the front of the house rather than in the back on the big deck with chairs. And, yes the little cement area would fit two people, but I just think that their being there serves more than the purpose of watching SB's house or visiting with people. Nothing really to prove here...it's just a bit curious to me.

I have a very similar home situation and agree to some extent. However, for those saying that they would sit in front at their homes, honestly, would you sit for hours on a tiny cement porch? I would bet that most of you with the big back deck don't have a tiny cement porch to sit on. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I just feel that there is more to it than just the socializing.

Yep, we would sit on our little cement porch that was exactly like the one that they have. We would also stand in the driveway for hours, or even at the fence line.

I'm definitely not defending DB, and not saying she didn't have nefarious reasons for being out on her front porch. I'm just saying that I don't find it odd for someone to do that, when cozier, more private accommodations are available.

It has been verified that they sat on the tiny steps/porch on the front of the house rather than in the back on the big deck with chairs. And, yes the little cement area would fit two people, but I just think that their being there serves more than the purpose of watching SB's house or visiting with people. Nothing really to prove here...it's just a bit curious to me.

it just looks so uncomfortable to me and DBs not the smallest of woman (not being mean or anything just saying what i see) so i imagine with 2 people on the steps it would be pretty cramped which for me would make me enjoy my "adult" time less enjoyable. i have to agree with you here,i think they wanted to be seen or were waiting for someone to pass by or something like that

after all this time i've just realised....DB said they were watching a fairytale movie,what movie lasts 4hours and a kids one at that????? most kids movies are 90mins at the most and even if they stayed in the room watching the movie until it was finished what did they do for the other 2 1/2 hours? just sit quietly and twiddle their thumbs?:waitasec::banghead:

This is a very good point. What did a 4 yr old girl, iirc a 5 yr old boy, and an 8 yr old boy do all of that time? I can't imagine.

Yes, that's interesting. Even if they were watching a movie, my kids wouldn't be glued to the set. Are my kids the only ones who would wander back and forth from the room? Mine would manage to interrupt me plenty. If I told them I would turn the movie off because they obviously weren't watching it, they would say nooooo!!! Then run back to watch it.

I didn't realize that it was verified that they sat on the steps. The only thing I heard was they sat on the front "stoop" which could include the area to the left (at least where I live). It had to be very uncomfortable for them to both sit on the steps.

Nope.... not even close. My theory is that DB either overdosed her or became angered in her standing in her crib and either shook her or threw her down hard in her crib, possibly breaking her neck or hitting her head.

I think that either Lisa was taken into DB's bedroom and put on the floor by the bed, possibly under a bunched up blanket or quilt and then locked her bedroom door so the kids couldn't get in. Most master bedrooms lock...I wonder if theirs did? I don't think Lisa was taken out of DB's room until her other little boy came into the bedroom and fell asleep. By this time, DB had already arranged for help OR, simply taken care of it herself. I do believe that she had help, not sure exactly who it is, but I still could see her doing it herself. That river is deep, fast moving and muddy.

But, the last part is pretty close. I think that she lost track of time being drunk (although I think she is a functioning drunk) and this is why the lights were all on. I think that she ran to her bed and pretended to be asleep when JI returned home.

This is how I think it went down too. I'm not so sure she had help, but I think it was all DB who did something to Lisa.

another odd thing about the 'back yard', didn't DB say see didn't look in the 'back yard' for fear of what she might see? could baby of fallen from deck?

/

it just looks so uncomfortable to me and DBs not the smallest of woman (not being mean or anything just saying what i see) so i imagine with 2 people on the steps it would be pretty cramped which for me would make me enjoy my "adult" time less enjoyable. i have to agree with you here,i think they wanted to be seen or were waiting for someone to pass by or something like that

People who sit out in front here (although we have big back yards) usually sit in lawn chairs. If anybody walks by, they invite them to join them and grab another chair. My only concrete steps happen to be out back and if I sit out there on the steps, I have to grab a pillow to sit on - and that's for a short time.

Interesting thread topic. I've never understood the front porch thing, either, but it might be what folks in that neighborhood do. People in my neck of the woods don't sit on their front porches; most have patios or decks in the rear of their homes.

Given the fact that the bedrooms are in the back of the house, I don't understand why DB wouldn't have sat on the deck/patio so she could listen for the baby or the boys and neighbor girl who were watching a movie. It seems that, once she set to guzzling boxed wine, Deborah simply forgot about the children who were indoors. jmo

People who sit out in front here (although we have big back yards) usually sit in lawn chairs. If anybody walks by, they invite them to join them and grab another chair. My only concrete steps happen to be out back and if I sit out there on the steps, I have to grab a pillow to sit on - and that's for a short time.

I can't imagine sitting on concrete for hours on end. That would definitely lead to the need for some Preparation H!

Verified how and by whom? (other than DB)

Just askin'. :)

I didn't see a door off the deck. If someone had to go to the bathroom they would have to go down off the deck and around the house to the front and go in that way or to check on/hear the children. I do see what looks like a slider door on the lower level, is this the basement? Is there a bathroom down there? I don't think I would want to have a deck without access to the house via a door. Very odd.

Isn't the kitchen in the front of the house? I bet they sat in the front of the house because that was the fastest way to get to the kitchen and the wine.

I didn't see a door off the deck. If someone had to go to the bathroom they would have to go down off the deck and around the house to the front and go in that way or to check on/hear the children. I do see what looks like a slider door on the lower level, is this the basement? Is there a bathroom down there? I don't think I would want to have a deck without access to the house via a door. Very odd.

There is a door, it is very white colored in the OP photo. There is also an excellent floor plan in the floor plan thread that show where the doors are and the bathrooms.

another odd thing about the 'back yard', didn't DB say see didn't look in the 'back yard' for fear of what she might see? could baby of fallen from deck?

/

Good question and I never thought of that but that could be what happened.. I cannot imagine leaving an eight year old, five year old, four year old and a baby inside a house alone for hours unattended while I had my grown up time outside with a neighbor sitting on a stoop.
Is there a close up of the deck and could someone fit through those slats?

On a beautiful evening why were the mom's out front? and all the children in the house?
I would atleast have them playing outside and at dark, watch a movie and go to sleep.
Did the mom's ever go in and check? give snacks? attend to the needs of a 4 year old?
look in on baby?
another thing, did JI ever think that baby was not his? after his statementabout woman who cheated on her husband?

/
/

The children's bedrooms were on the back of the house so they weren't sitting out front in order to hear the kids better. Yes, the kitchen is on the front of the house, so they would have easier access to the wine that way. However, they way they were apparently drinking it, they could have set it outside with them on the deck and it wouldn't have hurt anything.

I really have no clue as to what sitting out front might have meant. I'm sure it was uncomfortable. Concrete usually is, but maybe they were honestly just being sociable with the other neighbors. Maybe.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member