CA - Need Help with Search For Sierra Lamar Update!! Items Needed,

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
HERE IS THE PRESS RELEASE. PLEASE READ. AT THE END OF THE RELEASE I WILL HAVE INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:

KLAASKIDS MEDIA CONTACT: Director of Search Operations:
Tricia Griffith at tgrif@xmission.com Brad Dennis at cell 850.525.4807

For Immediate Release
VOLUNTEER SEARCHES FOR MISSING GIRL SIERRA LAMAR

Morgan Hill, CA. Sierra Lamar was walking to catch a school bus in Morgan Hill, CA on March 16, 2012 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Sierra’s mother Marlene LaMar.

Despite well-coordinated searches by law enforcement, Sierra is still missing. Sierra's mother has called on the KlaasKids Foundation to organize a community volunteer search. The Friendswood, TX based Laura Recovery Center will assist in the Find Sierra Search effort.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKids Foundation has announced that volunteer searches will begin on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 8 a.m. The Find Sierra Search Center is located at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill, CA.

Individuals who would like to participate in the search for Sierra should check in at the Burnett Elementary School between the hours of 8 am and 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 27th. Searches will be conducted throughout the week, commencing at 8:00 a.m. daily through and including Sunday, April 1, 2012.

Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center,” explained Dennis. “We are also looking for donations of bottled water and office supplies.”

For more information about the search or information on how you can donate supplies, volunteers can call Tricia Griffith at 801.560.1933, or email info@klaaskids.org.

The KlaasKids Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO PLEASE LOOK UP THE ADDRESSES AND NUMBERS OF LOCAL RESTAURANTS, FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, STAR BUCKS, OR ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH SUPPLIES.

THESE BUSINESSES NEED TO BE AS CLOSE TO THE SEARCH CENTER AS POSSIBLE.
The Find Sierra Search Center is located at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill, CA

Please list the address and phone number of the business on this thread.

If you can call the businesses and see if they will donate supplies to the search and then list here if they said yes or no.

If they say yes then I will call and arrange the delivery of the food.

ALSO WE MAY HAVE TO ASK YOU TO DIG INTO YOUR POCKETS TO ORDER FOOD IF WE CAN'T FIND ENOUGH BUSINESSES TO DONATE.

Start up now and I will start calling the businesses tomorrow (Monday) afternoon when I return home.

We are looking for breakfast munchies including coffee, lunch, and water.

OK Jump in and thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

These are all within .5 and 1.5 miles. Will post in three separate lists. Here you go:

PDF Attached with Map.

Attachments

• food loc_ 85 Tilton Ave, Morgan Hill, CA 95037 - Google Maps.pdf
    278.3 KB · Views: 40
Tricia I work In the Silcon Valley at a Multi Million dollar company. Let me see what kind of $ donation I can get from them in the morning. Once again as in the Michelle Le case this hits to close to home.

More:

Attachments

• food loc_ 85 Tilton Ave #2.pdf
    178.3 KB · Views: 32
More:

Attachments

• food loc_ 85 Tilton Ave #3.pdf
    190 KB · Views: 15
These may donate water and snacks.

Attachments

• Target, Walmart & Staples - Google Maps.pdf
    227.2 KB · Views: 11
I'm working on it also Tricia. Subway asked me to call back in the AM. My son and I will be there...shooting for Tues..but have meeting late in Afternoon. If I can't get out of it, I will be there Wed. for sure.

Guys, I need your help for Tuesday. I have to go to my real life job and I am worried about tomorrow having food. I thought I could do it all today but now I am stressing a bit about it.

If someone could call a Starbucks and see about Coffee and snacks for Tuesday morning. See if they will donate. Tell them we will have someone pick it up Tuesday morning BY 7:30 AM As much as they can donate. We are expecting a large crowd. At least 50 in the morning.

If someone could call a Starbucks and then post the information here then I can take it over in the afternoon when I get home.

Post the name of the manager, phone number and who you talked to BUT FIRST. POST THAT YOU ARE CALLING SO THE STARBUCKS DOESN'T GET A MILLION CALLS FROM US.

IF YOU CAN CALL A STARBUCKS CLOSE BY POST HERE FIRST THAT YOU ARE CALLING THEN POST WHAT THEY SAY.

THANK YOU TO JANEUMAYER. GREAT LISTS. JUST WHAT WE NEEDED.

JDB THANK YOU SO MUCH AND WHISPER YOU ARE A DOLL THANK YOU.

Tricia i just spoke to a Lady by the name of Karen at StarBucks here. She will be there till 4 please call today
Starbucks
18585 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA
(408) 782-1134

Hey everyone! I just heard from Tricia and we have the water, coffee and doughnuts handled. We now just need to work on lunch for tomorrow (Tuesday).

Thank you all so much for your help!

:blowkiss:

Oh my. I'm just reading this thread.

Someone, tell me what is needed and where are we calling? I'd be happy to help!

I can do a donation via paypal, if $ are needed...

As you can see my number was put on the press release. I have literally been on the phone all day with people.

Actually not much has been taken care of. LOL.

Lunch is handled for Tuesday. It is the rest of the week we need some help.

Hang on. I"ll be back shortly.

What we will have to do if I can't get donations is ask you to call restaurants and order food to be delivered. I'll let you know.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

Tricia

Tricia did you ever call Karen at Starbucks? If not I guess I can cross that one off my list ;-)

Tricia did you ever call Karen at Starbucks? If not I guess I can cross that one off my list ;-)

The coffee and breakfast snacks are handled. Thank Goodness.

Is there anyone who lives in the Morgan Hill area who can pick up food and take it to Burnett Elementry (85 Tilton Road) by 11 am tomorrow (Tuesday)?

If so please email me at tgrif@xmission.com

Thank you

Tricia with the nice surprise on the turn out today. Is there anything I can do to help? I wish I could get time off work but there is no way. I can help money wise might not be much but still can help.

Since the papers have printed my phone number I have literally recieved hundreds of calls.

Many of the local people are helping me with the food situation.

I many have to turn to you all for the weekend however.

They had almost 600 people today. Great turn out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back