Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I wasn't real happy that an investigative subpoena could mean it is not subject to Sunshine Laws, which means there goes about five great threads for us!

I can just hear JB at this one going "Dominic zip it! ZIP it!"
:dance::dance::dance:

Yeah, but I wasn't real happy that an investigative subpoena could mean it is not subject to Sunshine Laws, which means there goes about five great threads for us!

I can just hear JB at this one going "Dominic zip it! ZIP it!"

Didn't AD get a subpoena? Poop, I figured that if they used the subpoena method, we would definately hear about it because they will have to then pass it to JB as discovery....

Didn't AD get a subpoena? Poop, I figured that if they used the subpoena method, we would definately hear about it because they will have to then pass it to JB as discovery....

The judge advised AD to go ahead and submit the subpoena because DC wasn't listed on the witness list. If they take this route JB can't be at the investigative hearing.

But... because JB wants to be at the hearing he said to reporters today that he intended to add DC to the witness list and the normal deposition process can take place at that point.

So... if JB holds up to his word, the depo will take place and we will get a copy of the transcript under the sunshine laws. With a subpoena we would not be privy to the information.

The judge advised AD to go ahead and submit the subpoena because DC wasn't listed on the witness list. If they take this route JB can't be at the investigative hearing.

But... because JB wants to be at the hearing he said to reporters today that he intended to add DC to the witness list and the normal deposition process can take place at that point.

So... if JB holds up to his word, the depo will take place and we will get a copy of the transcript under the sunshine laws. With a subpoena we would not be privy to the information.

I am trying to play catch up and am really confused about this whole issue of DC deposition. Could you please expound on this issue?

Who is AD? (duh?)

What is the difference between a deposition and an investigative hearing?

Only portion of hearing I have seen so far is the first part involving DC and I thought that JB could not be present since SA wants to question DC about actions AFTER his contract with JB was cancelled?

Help....

I'm going to guess at this. JB can't be present unless DC is on a witness list and so far isn't on his. So he says he's going to put him on his list so he can be present.
I think AD is the State or District Attorney's office.
An investigative hearing puts DC on the record, but it isn't released under sunshine laws. And I don't think Baez can attend as it stands now.
A deposition is of course the pretrial questioning of a witness, but right now he isn't on anyone's witness list.
Maybe I've just added to the confusion...

Why is DC so terrified to testify? Did he KNOW that Caylee was buried in those woods?

IMO, yes. I'm just glad he didn't find her.

...then what will happen to DC's claim that he doesn't want to be exploited? I wasn't quite sure what exploitation he was concerned about...it's not like we haven't been discussing him since his little escapade.

I'm going to guess at this. JB can't be present unless DC is on a witness list and so far isn't on his. So he says he's going to put him on his list so he can be present.
I think AD is the State or District Attorney's office.
An investigative hearing puts DC on the record, but it isn't released under sunshine laws. And I don't think Baez can attend as it stands now.
A deposition is of course the pretrial questioning of a witness, but right now he isn't on anyone's witness list.
Maybe I've just added to the confusion...

Yeah, I caught that at the end the second time around. Looks like JB doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too. (but he can at least tell DC to zip it. I think we should take bets on how many interruptions and objections to questions he will have).

I just hope and pray that the real truth comes out with this search at some point. Just the thought that Caylees Grandparents, her uncle and Jose possibly knew where her body was, makes me sick. Out of all the things they have done to conceal the facts of Caylee's death, this makes me the most furious. Knowing that they were spreading the "Caylee is alive" campaign, while they knew she was dead and where her body was, surpasses any cruelty I have ever seen.

Angela just posted a docket update - notice of deposition cancellation 12-16-2009.

NOW what.

I hope the rescheduling doesn't require Dominick needing the court to intervene again. Unbelievable! Let's hope it is just the little matter of Baez adding him to his witness list in a perfunctory way.

Well JS told them if they had any problems to give him a call...wonder if his phone is ringing.

Dominic holds some vital secrets. Look out Cindy, his testimony might just give you that "evidence" you are so desperately seeking !

Apparently the depo is still going ahead.

It is now an investigative depo as per the court hearings last week.

Well, like I said before, nobody fights that hard to avoid a depo unless they have something to hide. JB must know what it is because he doesn't want his deposed without being there.

These 2 along with the A's and BC are as thick as theives and DC knows something that he does not want to have to tell and he knows that the SA is going to ask and he knows that whether the lies or tells the truth he is in deep doo-doo and might drag the rest of them down with him.

I can't wait for this one. We know that he already lied about his contracts and the dates they started and ended. I don't think the SA is going to accept the lies this time around.

If Joy knows Dominick or the psychic ....... I give up, just shoot me!

Maybe Joy is the psychic because the one that was on NG couldn't even produce phone records because her daddy wouldn't give them to her. Yeah....right....whatever.

Was Dominic mentioned in George's suicide letter? It is odd that George claims he hasn't spoke to him in months and months , something is up with that.

I hate to say this but I am going to have trouble believing anything DC says. I thought his behavior during the ZFG hearing was repulsive. He was condescending and acted like he couldn't be bothered. I believe he is the defense's pocket and perhaps his relationship with CA is the impetus for his uncooperative behavior. Of course, this is JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100