TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gail called her sister or family and wanted to come home, she would have all the support of LE, the media, and WS if they stated they needed privacy. MOST people would respect that. Granted there would be the few and the nutballs, ...who prolly haven't picked up one flyer and just wanted to be "@". She'd hopefully ignore them and see them for what they were. There are so many people out there who would support her and pass no judgement. Life is full of problems....for all of us...and they can be handled...appropriately. IMO

In reference to myself I'm just praying she is still alive somewhere and has the opportunity to come back so the situation can be handled appropriately..Unfortunately, I have a strong suspicion coming back may not be possible..Sorry to be such a pessimist, but almost three weeks gone, and not a word from her or her jeep, I'm not liking any of this...I'm trying to hold on to hope but its waning fast..JMHO

So, I have a question that maybe someone could answer... If I am Gail, and I did leave to calm down, recharge, think things over, whatever reason, and now I am ready to come back and pickup with whatever life offers, how do I come back? What is going to happen to me, will I bombarded with media, web people who are looking for me etc. Have I done anything, i.e. leaving the kids at home alone, that the police are going to want to talk to me about.

The only reason that I bring this up is that I was reading earlier posts and someone mentioned that they had taken off during their marital problems and went camping, without anyone knowing. If Gail did something similar, and has any access to the media or computer, she may be feeling embarrassed or afraid to come back, not knowing what to expect. I know it would bother me. She can't really just pull up the driveway and expect no one to notice. It is going to cause a stir, even if she just calls her sister or the kids. Just something I have wondered about.

If she is aware she has been reported missing, she can come back while complying with the order that Matt has. It is simple-she can contact a 3rd party, contact LE, contact family. And back she comes. There may be cursory questions due to the litigation.

She has done nothing illegal. 12 year olds can be left alone legally in TN, as well as in most other states. They can care for a younger child-and in this case, MP arrived shortly after Gail left...certainly in under an hour, I mean he stated in his own words that he was on his way home. Unless he was out of state, I seriously do not believe she has anything to face other than regaining her children via legal means. And access to her homes.

If she is unaware, she can still come back. If she arrives back home, the ball is in MP's court. He can enforce the order by calling PD, or he can welcome his wife home and into the arms of her dear children.

But a woman's motherly feelings would overcome embarrassment, wouldn't they?

And camping for two weeks? There's no background here that she would even be capable of camping on her own for two weeks. Hiding out somewhere, maybe, but camping? This is a person who drove over four hours to get to a vacation home when she could have just as easily gone to a hotel.

And while people say she has been seen in Alabama, who knows how many red jeeps there are in Alabama? I believe that she would have contacted either her family or her children by now if she was able.

I hope embarrassment would not play a part.., but taking care of herself, first, so she could take of the children might be a concern.

I'm in agreement with others here, from what we know of Gail, it seems beyond her character not to have called Diane, family or a close friend by now. :( Praying we are wrong tho.

ATRUEFRIEND, it sounds like you are very close/local to this case. Can you please contact a moderator (u can use the little exclamation/triangle in the corner of your own post) and get verified as a local. Thank you and welcome.

I'm confused about this. Is there a need/want to know who on the board is a local or just who is a friend of Gail's?

I'm confused about this. Is there a need/want to know who on the board is a local or just who is a friend of Gail's?

It is customary here at WS that locals and people who know players are verified so that the chance is minimized that people are claiming to be someone they are not. JBean is setting the rules for the thread, and at the present time she is not requiring locals and friends to verify UNLESS they are going to post or discuss information that is not common knowledge. ATF chose to verify both as a friend and a local to the case.

Does this make more sense?

Hello Confused,

I was just looking at Gail's credentials again... This woman got through many years of University, she has been the Scientific Director, Medical Liaison for 8 years at a major drug corporation. She has been Clinical Pharmacy Director and Clinical Assistant Professor for 5 years, nearly 6.

This woman's past tells me she is a woman of courage and ability. She has held positions of authority in areas that take real "know how" to deal with the tough office/company politics, decision making and so on... She has lived with a man who appears to have a strong will, based upon his present position, since marriage which seems to have been about 15 years? She has purchased properties and managed large financial amounts.

Somehow I feel that this is not a woman that couldn't easily and with great confidence face off with anything that might confront her in the event that she did actually leave and stay away of her own volition for whatever purpose, not the least of which might have been to protect her own and/or her children's lives.

I would love to have Gail get the opportunity to return. I'm not sure that will happen. I "hope," but I somehow don't think that she left when she did and intended to stay away when she left. The facts do not "smack" of a woman who did all of the planning of which we are now aware (and we are aware of so little of what she did along planning lines) and then just flippantly left for a breather.

Confused, how well did you know Gail? Over what length of time, was it an up close and personal relationship over time? Did she ever confide in you or was your relationship with her a more social, not real "heart to heart" kinda thing? Can you enlighten us?

To those local to Gail's situation...

Can those of you who know the road ways leading out and away from Gail's home in Signal Mountain let me know which roads might run out from there about 15 miles, i.e. which roadways might she drive in any direction for 15 miles. I am particularly interested in knowing which ones run alongside and/or near a body of water (lake, pond, river, creek, manmade water basin, etc.) When I say "alongside" this could include a river down at the bottom of a mountainous roadside with a sheer drop off alongside it.

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to know how a woman who was carefully laying out plans to remove herself from her marriage, would suddenly take off and go camping, without even a DL?

fran

To those local to Gail's situation...

Can those of you who know the road ways leading out and away from Gail's home in Signal Mountain let me know which roads might run out from there about 15 miles, i.e. which roadways might she drive in any direction for 15 miles. I am particularly interested in knowing which ones run alongside and/or near a body of water (lake, pond, river, creek, manmade water basin, etc.) When I say "alongside" this could include a river down at the bottom of a mountainous roadside with a sheer drop off alongside it.

Thanks in advance.
Suck Creek Road.. Dayton Blvd.. Taft Hwy also known as Hwy 127 that goes over the mountain.. Numerous roads...Too Too many..Anyone know anything about the area leading to Fall Creek Falls. I can't recall.. Haven't been up that way in decades...IMO

Heres a map.
http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/79516

Do we know for certain whether or not the children have been questioned by LE?

From everything I have read, Gail was a loving, concerned mother. I don't feel there is any way at all that this mom would not have contacted her children in 3 weeks, even indirectly, if she was able to. My opinion is if she has not spoken to, checked on or gotten a message to her children, she is unable to.

So, I have a question that maybe someone could answer... If I am Gail, and I did leave to calm down, recharge, think things over, whatever reason, and now I am ready to come back and pickup with whatever life offers, how do I come back? What is going to happen to me, will I bombarded with media, web people who are looking for me etc. Have I done anything, i.e. leaving the kids at home alone, that the police are going to want to talk to me about. The only reason that I bring this up is that I was reading earlier posts and someone mentioned that they had taken off during their marital problems and went camping, without anyone knowing. If Gail did something similar, and has any access to the media or computer, she may be feeling embarrassed or afraid to come back, not knowing what to expect. I know it would bother me. She can't really just pull up the driveway and expect no one to notice. It is going to cause a stir, even if she just calls her sister or the kids. Just something I have wondered about.

My understanding is the children are 12 and 9 so I doubt seriously she is in any kind of trouble with LE for leaving them at home for the short amount of time they were there alone before their father arrived...Wasn't it about 10 minutes according to him? JMHO

Here's a map with 15 mile radius around SM if that helps.

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-...973693847656&r=24.14&lc=FF0000&lw=1&fc=FFFFFF

Also map of the SM area. Geez, there are so many lakes, ponds, etc, in the area. If you zoom in, you can see the many ponds all over the mountain. I think SB even has one in her back yard. I did notice Raccoon Pumping Station? and "drove" a little down it.....no guard roads and easy access in some areas. If you zoom in quite a bit on the map and take the little man from his postion, you can see the roads close to water. HTH

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=40+Ridgerock+Drive,+Signal+Mountain,+TN&aq=0&sll=35.050797,-85.501099&sspn=0.205735,0.32135&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=40+Ridgerock+Dr,+Signal+Mountain,+Tennessee+37377&ll=35.17886,-85.330811&spn=0.205412,0.582962&z=11"]40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN - Google Maps[/ame]

These are pics of the area and this one of the cave is north of SM: You have to click on the map title below to bring up pictures.
3946919.jpg

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.213088,-85.294418&spn=0.260303,0.43808&z=11&lci=com.panoramio.all,com.google.webcams"]Google Maps[/ame]

If she is aware she has been reported missing, she can come back while complying with the order that Matt has. It is simple-she can contact a 3rd party, contact LE, contact family. And back she comes. There may be cursory questions due to the litigation.

She has done nothing illegal. 12 year olds can be left alone legally in TN, as well as in most other states. They can care for a younger child-and in this case, MP arrived shortly after Gail left...certainly in under an hour, I mean he stated in his own words that he was on his way home. Unless he was out of state, I seriously do not believe she has anything to face other than regaining her children via legal means. And access to her homes.

If she is unaware, she can still come back. If she arrives back home, the ball is in MP's court. He can enforce the order by calling PD, or he can welcome his wife home and into the arms of her dear children.
Good points. I have not yet given up on her coming home. But at this point, I think if she is gone on her own, there is a very compelling reason.

My understanding is the children are 12 and 9 so I doubt seriously she is in any kind of trouble with LE for leaving them at home for the short amount of time they were there alone before their father arrived...Wasn't it about 10 minutes according to him? JMHO

Even if it were longer than 10 minutes, it's a non-issue, and I know that for a fact. Let's also keep in mind we are talking about noon and not midnight.

Even if it were longer than 10 minutes, it's a non-issue, and I know that for a fact. Let's also keep in mind we are talking about noon and not midnight.

Exactly. Plenty of 12-year-old kids babysit for a few hours and no one freaks out about it. This "she left them alone without supervision" is just one of a list of things Matt has exaggerated, IMO.

* "Left the kids without supervision" really means left a 12-year-old and 9-year-old at home for approximately 10 minutes.

* "Changed the PINs on marital assets" really means changed the PINs on her personal retirement accounts.

* "The Jeep has been spotted a few times" really means there have been people calling in with sightings of Jeeps that resemble Gail's but weren't actually hers.

* Matt says in the press conference that he's continuing to look and has done everything he can, while people close to Gail say he has done almost nothing.

* Matt says Gail disappears all the time because of psychiatric issues, while friends and law enforcement have no evidence of any such psychiatric problems; in fact, Susie Button says "it's not uncommon for Palmgren to spend days away from home, but she has never left family or friends to wonder where she is."

I don't want to dismiss anyone's theory straight off, of course. I just can't really take the "left them without supervision" seriously given everything else Matt has said to the media and given the ages of the kids.

When Gail was gone for days, did she take the children with her or leave them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77