Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blanche is known in that play for the saying (delivered with a femme fatale southern drawl) that "I always relah on the kahndness of strange-ahs".

bbm

or in OCA's case - re-lie...

oddly enough that femme fatale southern drawl was voiced by Vivien Leigh (brit) in the film version (not necessarily the definitive actress in the role), who also did a great deal of credit to the southern patios as Scarlet O'Hara.

I thought JB was part of her appeal team along with CM (at least until last week) and Greene was on her ZG civil case and there is another one for the TM civil case. Did everybody volunteer to work pro bono?

Is she indigent on all these cases?
If there is no public defender, does that mean no expenses can be charged to the State? I'm thinking they can because they did it for the murder case. Civil cases may be different.

bbm

or in OCA's case - re-lie...

oddly enough that femme fatale southern drawl was voiced by Vivien Leigh (brit) in the film version (not necessarily the definitive actress in the role), who also did a great deal of credit to the southern patios as Scarlet O'Hara.

I have to agree. I grew up in "Tara"

Hi.. I am a longtime member .. I seldom post.. (it takes all my time just to read and try to catch up lol).. Between work and couponing.. seems i dont have alot of time anymore ..
Wanted to post something about the smoking.. Here in pasadena (calif) they passed a new law starting Jan 1st. You can no longer smoke in any apts / duplexes/ condo's (even if you own the condo) You cant smoke in any building that has walls that connect with another dwelling... Im waiting for someone to sue over this one.. .. (i know about the law as i make signs and all apts have to have signs at every entrance and stair case in the complex.
.. Just an interesting off topic remark.. from me.

In my county they just passed a law that you cannot even smoke outside within 10 feet of any public building. So I now have to be sure I put out a cig in the car ashtray if I'm smoking one & about to get out.

Not being able to smoke in your own duplex/apt/condo seems extreme to me, but I suppose they think the smoke gets to others thru the duct system. I don't get the 2nd one at all, though, as they wouldn't be connected by a duct system at all.

Bought my patches on the way home today & will start making myself smoke outside starting tomorrow. 2 more days & mom will be here and I'm not going to smoke while she's here. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep myself from running to the store while I watch her tail lights fade away when she leaves! lol

Hi.. I am a longtime member .. I seldom post.. (it takes all my time just to read and try to catch up lol).. Between work and couponing.. seems i dont have alot of time anymore ..
Wanted to post something about the smoking.. Here in pasadena (calif) they passed a new law starting Jan 1st. You can no longer smoke in any apts / duplexes/ condo's (even if you own the condo) You cant smoke in any building that has walls that connect with another dwelling... Im waiting for someone to sue over this one.. .. (i know about the law as i make signs and all apts have to have signs at every entrance and stair case in the complex.
.. Just an interesting off topic remark.. from me.

This cannot be legal?? How can anyone dictate who can smoke a perfectly legal substance in the privacy of their own home? Especially if they own it?

I am of the opinion that I believe privately owned businesses that have a liquor license (even restaurants) should be able to decide whether or not they want to run a smoking or non-smoking establishment. I don't think the government should be able to dictate what people do in their own homes/businesses when it comes to perfectly legal substances.

If you are not a smoker, you can find businesses that cater to you and your lifestyle choices. If you are a smoker, you can find businesses that cater to your perfectly legal lifestyle choices.

MOO

Could it be that Baez needs appellate experience in order for him to appeal to a higher court?

This cannot be legal?? How can anyone dictate who can smoke a perfectly legal substance in the privacy of their own home? Especially if they own it?

I am of the opinion that I believe privately owned businesses that have a liquor license (even restaurants) should be able to decide whether or not they want to run a smoking or non-smoking establishment. I don't think the government should be able to dictate what people do in their own homes/businesses when it comes to perfectly legal substances.

If you are not a smoker, you can find businesses that cater to you and your lifestyle choices. If you are a smoker, you can find businesses that cater to your perfectly legal lifestyle choices.

MOO
Wait until the Government starts telling what you can and cannot eat. There are laws against trans fats, whats next?

MOO

I hear ya.. But I will say this.. and i do smoke very lightly.. mabe 2 or 4 a day .. and always outside, so actually im on the smokers side in most things.. My sign shop share a wall with a bar.. there door is around the corner.. from where our door is.. ..For a long time they would allow smokers in there even tho it was against the law.. When i would get to the shop on monday mornings.. my shop would reak of siggy smell.. even tho we have no connecting duct work.

It was enuff that It bothered me and I smoke.. .. .. Here you cant smoke within 20 feet of a public building.. but they dont count it if you are walking by with a ciggy.. ..
I really understand both sides.. but hate when i see the gov get involved in too many life choices.. i donno

I started at age 16 and at age 41, I woke up one morning promising myself to never smoke another cigarette. And I didn't, for seven years. Then, when faced with a personal tragedy, someone offered me a cigarette and I took it. I have smoked ever since. I do try to limit the number of cigs per day though, partly due to health issues but mostly due to the cost.

I have tried the same thing--waking up one morning promising no more cigs--but it only worked for me that one time. I must have been more "ready" then than I have been since. (Truth be known, I like my cigs.)

I hear what you are saying and there are so many like us. Maybe we can motivate each other to quit....

:blowkiss:

Wait until the Government starts telling what you can and cannot eat. There are laws against trans fats, whats next?

Tan farts? Searches for glasses. Searching, searching. Ah,found them and places them on my face. OH - I see,trans fats ... carry on. Sometimes I embarrass myself and I just want to hide :blushing:

OT... little venting needed! I have been following the Venus Stewart trial on In Session (delayed).... Today was verdict day and the jurors found Doug guilty of 1st degree murder...(with no body!)
Anyway, I am watching Venus's family, mom, brother, aunt, grandparents, etc. come out of the courtroom, filled with so much emotion, thanks for the prosecutors, police, etc... They spoke to reporters and expressed their anger, sadness, and such towards the coward that took her life! And I had tears going down my face (crying like a baby), and ALL I could think about was Caylee's day in court... and how nobody in her family, nobody, shed a tear for HER after the verdict...there was no support from them, no promises to her that they would continue to fight for her, and do right by her memory. Nope. Nada. It was about little miss kc with them!
Watching all this also got me so outraged, again, with the jurors! That's all I thought about during the verdict today, was how this jury got it right, without the who, the why, the blah blah blah!!!
I'm still amazed at how this case still gets my blood pumping, and I wonder if I'm just doomed to a life of getting angry every time I hear the word jury, verdict, reasonable doubt, etc...
Geesh, I wish there could be some closure in this. Karma needs to come fast!

K... glad I got that off my chest! And glad Venus got justice!

Tan farts? Searches for glasses. Searching, searching. Ah,found them and places them on my face. OH - I see,trans fats ... carry on. Sometimes I embarrass myself and I just want to hide :blushing:

Dear God now that was hysterical!!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OT... little venting needed! I have been following the Venus Stewart trial on In Session (delayed).... Today was verdict day and the jurors found Doug guilty of 1st degree murder...(with no body!)
Anyway, I am watching Venus's family, mom, brother, aunt, grandparents, etc. come out of the courtroom, filled with so much emotion, thanks for the prosecutors, police, etc... They spoke to reporters and expressed their anger, sadness, and such towards the coward that took her life! And I had tears going down my face (crying like a baby), and ALL I could think about was Caylee's day in court... and how nobody in her family, nobody, shed a tear for HER after the verdict...there was no support from them, no promises to her that they would continue to fight for her, and do right by her memory. Nope. Nada. It was about little miss kc with them!
Watching all this also got me so outraged, again, with the jurors! That's all I thought about during the verdict today, was how this jury got it right, without the who, the why, the blah blah blah!!!
I'm still amazed at how this case still gets my blood pumping, and I wonder if I'm just doomed to a life of getting angry every time I hear the word jury, verdict, reasonable doubt, etc...
Geesh, I wish there could be some closure in this. Karma needs to come fast!

K... glad I got that off my chest! And glad Venus got justice!

Awww you have a really big heart. Bless you. I guess we all do having said that or we wouldn't be here. Seems every once in awhile there is a case that rips at you just a tad more. It's good to vent. I guess the only thing i can say is Caylee had/has many supporters. Unfortunately it was from strangers and not from the people who knew and loved her. The vocal one's were the Prosecution. She is looking down and knows. I guess we just have to settle for that as sad as that is :rose:

Could it be that Baez needs appellate experience in order for him to appeal to a higher court?

That's possible. One would think that to get that experience JB would have taken this opportunity to work with CM on KC's appeal. But he didn't. Maybe JB just doesn't want to work for KC for no pay. Either that or there is some other reason why HHJP said he cannot be her attorney on the appeal.

I hear what you are saying and there are so many like us. Maybe we can motivate each other to quit....

:blowkiss:

Would we be allowed a support thread? After all would Websleuths not want all their posters in top form :candle:

Don't know what to say except "HUGS" and please please take good care of yourself! Yes, I do understand how hard to put down no matter what - not a security blanket exactly but a friend in a way that a non-smoker would ever understand. Wonder if some of this is genetics but hope you are following your medical folks to the letter.

Finger crossed that you are well enough to take your trip. Phsst - who needs the Space Mountain....

I once worked on weekends for a lawyer that was retired & writing a book about local history. I was helping him pull together old photos, letters from the 1800's, etc. and he used to smoke but had managed to quit. He told me cigs were "his best friend - they were there when he was happy & wanted to celebrate, as well as there when he was down, or just needed some energy." He tried to get me to quit, too...wow, that was 10+ years ago.

I think a support group is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3