State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think JY got a haircut over the weekend? Perhaps he is planning to 'charm us' on the stand in his on testimony...

Wow -- doesn't he just look so good?? (Ack) I hope he will appeal to the boys and "girls" in the jailhouse.
icon10.gif

I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.

Yes, NCSU. So sad this baby watched her mommy being *spanked* to death. :( The only people, in my experience, who *spank* are parents. When my grandson's are here, my daughter doesn't say 'Don't *spank* your brother.' She says 'no hitting.' Zach, 'don't hit your brother' or you will get a spanking'. This child, CY, had advanced language skills. I doubt very much she would confuse 'hitting with spanking'. She didn't relate somebody was hitting mommy. She said 'mommy was getting a spanking'. 'She had boo boos and red stuff all over.' Heartbreaking testimony. Of course the daycare teachers were upset. They had to watch a little girl they knew reenact the murder of her mommy.

You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a , a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.

There are pieces of circumstantial evidence that point to his innocence, for example the tight timeline and the size 10 shoes prints at the crime scene. :fence:

I've seen requests for "real evidence," "actual evidence."

What that tells me is the only kind of evidence someone like this will believe is a big handprint of the perp made in the victim's blood on the wall closest to the victim's body, with a signature next to the handprint by the perp, and the words, "I did it!" signed, perp.

Then, because that might not be enough proof, the perp needs to leave their bloody shoes next to the victim, with another note that says, "these are my shoes!" signed, the perp.

Finally, they need a video of the perp either committing the murder itself, or confessing to the murder while grinning evilly at the camera.

Anything else? Not "real evidence," not "actual evidence," and certainly not proof of anything. "Circumstantial Evidence?" Oh that's just not 'real.' :rolleyes:

He's been out on bail since last summer. Meredith has custody of the child, but I believe he gets to see her every other weekend (or something like that) based on the custody agreement.

didn't see her at all during his long incarceration thank God! Meredith testified her didn't see her until Oct after being released on bond after 1st trial.

So far, I've not seen any actual evidence that points to him. Aside from the fact he's was a terrible - husband, I've not learned one piece of evidence that puts him in that house beating his wife to death.

Sure, he's the logical killer, but that doesn't mean he did it. There was a case where the most logical possible murderer was the husband, but it wasn't him; it was a neighbour. So for me, I need more than my assumptions based on the only "logical" conclusion, and feelings.

Again, I believe he did it, but that's not good enough for me.

This is phrased really well. I have a "feeling" he did it, but that is not enough for me.:fence:

There are pieces of circumstantial evidence that point to his innocence, for example the tight timeline and the size 10 shoes prints at the crime scene. :fence:

How does that point to his innocence? The size 12 shoes are still there. The size 10 shoes don't point to his innocence, IMO. They just suggest a part of the puzzle is missing or unknown but in no way exonerate him with the size 12 shoes being there as well.

IMO

Tight timeline. Not impossible timeline.

Yes, it is up to the PT JTF and as we've discussed, sooooo many pieces of this circle. The jury needs to be "helped"/"led"/"shown" how all these pieces fit together to make a whole circle.

Agreed about last trial......like you, hoping this time they do it.

Precious little Cassidy has gone through what most of us never experience in a lifetime. I'll never get over the way Slayer took her to Brevard and kept her from Meredith and Linda. In her mind, she lost Mommy AND her grammy and aunt. This is beyond cruel and heartless...there just aren't any words. This needs to be hammered to the jury.

Precious little Cassidy, aww... she is sweet.... I'm so glad the Fisher's have her. :) I'm also glad the daycare teacher talked about circle time, and how well she could recall her weekend, etc... Now if they could somehow get that 911 utterance in there!

The fact that the shirt specifically that he was wearing that evening is now....GONE is what does it for me.
Had this been a normal night for him at the hotel, the shirt would be with him.

PLUS the fact that I can distinctly hear little CY saying "daddy do it" twice on the 911 call.

I don't need any more convincing.
JMHO

Precious little Cassidy, aww... she is sweet.... I'm so glad the Fisher's have her. :) I'm also glad the daycare teacher talked about circle time, and how well she could recall her weekend, etc... Now if they could somehow get that 911 utterance in there!

BBM

After his special instruction to the jury on the doll testimony, I don't think there is any chance that's getting in IMO

Who sent her to daycare right after michelles death? TIA

JY, PY, and MF all brought her in that Monday morning. Why????? Anybody could have said or asked that child anything (not the teachers, I'm sure -- and I feel sure they kept quite a close eye on her for that reason.)

I would have had my little girl with me, had I been JY <<shiver>>. Her mother was already gone; she needs to know that I am still here, right by her side. Day-care can wait, and so can my job. Grrrrrr.. I'll betcha MF volunteered -- talk about a lead baloon idea!! JMO.

I'm trying to figure out where this last witness fits into the PT trial strategy. Other than bringing out in testimony that the dog barked when strangers were at the door (so he should have barked the night in question if a stranger had come in and we really don't know that he did or didn't), I am at a loss as to what this last witness offered in the way of relevant testimony to the trial.

We have two large dogs. And they bark when they hear anyone at the front door. But one night, in the middle of the night, our electric garage door opened. Scared the hell out of my husband and me, so much so that we armed ourselves, and stated loudly that 'we were armed' on our way downstairs from our bedroom. Both our dogs were standing at the door in our greatroom, the door that leads into the garage. Neither dog barked. I was shocked, these normal, LOUD and rowdy barkers were silent. Later I realized, they never bark at people that come in from the garage door, because only family and close friends come in the house through the garage. Even though hubby & I were frantic, the dogs were waiting to see which *friendly person* was coming in that garage door entrance.

Tight timeline. Not impossible timeline.

I agree. I'm not sure why "tight timeline" means much - he either had enough time or he didn't. To me the timeline fits with him in it just fine. He didn't need extra time to stop for a steak and a beer. He was in a hurry to get back to his alibi spot.

How does that point to his innocence? The size 12 shoes are still there. The size 10 shoes don't point to his innocence, IMO. They just suggest a part of the puzzle is missing or unknown but in no way exonerate him with the size 12 shoes being there as well.

IMO

IMO the shoe prints are one of the biggest holes in the states case. If there were only size 12 HP prints I think he would already be in prison.

Turnadot, what is actual evidence. If all the articles (clothing, weapon) involved in the crime were disposed of, does that mean it did not happen? What actual evidence would convince you that JY is guilty?
No, it means that if there's nothing else the prosecution has in way of direct evidence, he's might walk, just like Casey Anthony, which was a much stronger case, IMO.

For me personally, I think the circumstantial evidence is strong enough to convict, but I am learning that juries, with all these crime shows, are looking for more. That one thing. That direct thing. Something that puts JY in that room beating his wife to death.

*mock juror hat on*

A bloody hand print, his hair in her fist, his blood mingled with hers, from her fighting back.

Things like that, where I don't have to assume he drove from his hotel to kill his wife, or assume he dumped his clothes, or assume he wore gloves. Because if the prosecution can put JY in that room, it's an easy conclusion to reach that he dumped his "killing" clothes and wore gloves. Otherwise, I feel like I'm being asked to just make the leap to murder based on JY's lack of character.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member