State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two large dogs. And they bark when they hear anyone at the front door. But one night, in the middle of the night, our electric garage door opened. Scared the hell out of my husband and me, so much so that we armed ourselves, and stated loudly that 'we were armed' on our way downstairs from our bedroom. Both our dogs were standing at the door in our greatroom, the door that leads into the garage. Neither dog barked. I was shocked, these normal, LOUD and rowdy barkers were silent. Later I realized, they never bark at people that come in from the garage door, because only family and close friends come in the house through the garage. Even though hubby & I were frantic, the dogs were waiting to see which *friendly person* was coming in that garage door entrance.

OMG. (well don't leave us hanging - who was it? why did did the garage door open?)

Good luck with that. I see nothing attractive about him or his facial features at all. Still surprising to me that he was able to have such beautiful women in his life.

I thought the same thing, he must have been a pretty good "salesman."

I've seen requests for "real evidence," "actual evidence."

What that tells me is the only kind of evidence someone like this will believe is a big handprint of the perp made in the victim's blood on the wall closest to the victim's body, with a signature next to the handprint by the perp, and the words, "I did it!" signed, perp.

Then, because that might not be enough proof, the perp needs to leave their bloody shoes next to the victim, with another note that says, "these are my shoes!" signed, the perp.

Finally, they need a video of the perp either committing the murder itself, or confessing to the murder while grinning evilly at the camera.

Anything else? Not "real evidence," not "actual evidence," and certainly not proof of anything. "Circumstantial Evidence?" Oh that's just not 'real.' :rolleyes:

We live in a CSI world now where everyone expects a confession or an actual videotape. If this was a random act with robbery as a motive, that house would have been tossed, Michelle would have woke up and not have been found in her bedroom. A sex crime, same thing. If this was a case of a junky, a neighborhood punk, anyone but Jason there would have been forensic evidence there. It's the LACK of forensic evidence, the lack of anything happening to Cass that points squarely at Jason.

IMO the shoe prints are one of the biggest holes in the states case. If there were only size 12 HP prints I think he would already be in prison.

But that sounds like it is completely discounting that they are there at all just because the size 10 shoes are there.

I don't understand why their being there is diluted or discounted just because of another size shoe being there.

They should not be forgotten or given any less weight just because there are other shoe imprints there.

IMO

The fact that the shirt specifically that he was wearing that evening is now....GONE is what does it for me.
Had this been a normal night for him at the hotel, the shirt would be with him.

PLUS the fact that I can distinctly hear little CY saying "daddy do it" twice on the 911 call.

I don't need any more convincing.
JMHO

I doubt we would be watching this retrial if BH had questioned him about the missing pullover. The shoes to Goodwill was cleaver, but there is absolutely no plausible explanation for the pullover to be missing from his luggage / vehicle 11-3-06. BH missed a golden opportunity to get a conviction and she blew it

We have two large dogs. And they bark when they hear anyone at the front door. But one night, in the middle of the night, our electric garage door opened. Scared the hell out of my husband and me, so much so that we armed ourselves, and stated loudly that 'we were armed' on our way downstairs from our bedroom. Both our dogs were standing at the door in our greatroom, the door that leads into the garage. Neither dog barked. I was shocked, these normal, LOUD and rowdy barkers were silent. Later I realized, they never bark at people that come in from the garage door, because only family and close friends come in the house through the garage. Even though hubby & I were frantic, the dogs were waiting to see which *friendly person* was coming in that garage door entrance.

Great story! Would've scared the beejesus outta me too! I have a little yorkie that barks his fool head off at kids playing in the park across the street......he can see (through the glass in the front door) cars parking in front of our house and parents/kids walking across the road from his perch on the back of a chair. But you're right - if we come in from the garage, we have to keep looking until we find where he's sitting. But he's a great alarm for those kids playing across the street.

No, it means that if there's nothing else the prosecution has in way of direct evidence, he's might walk, just like Casey Anthony, which was a much stronger case, IMO.

For me personally, I think the circumstantial evidence is strong enough to convict, but I am learning that juries, with all these crime shows, are looking for more. That one thing. That direct thing. Something that puts JY in that room beating his wife to death.

*mock juror hat on*

A bloody hand print, his hair in her fist, his blood mingled with hers, from her fighting back.

Things like that, where I don't have to assume he drove from his hotel to kill his wife, or assume he dumped his clothes, or assume he wore gloves. Because if the prosecution can put JY in that room, it's an easy conclusion to reach that he dumped his "killing" clothes and wore gloves. Otherwise, I feel like I'm being asked to just make the leap to murder based on JY's lack of character.

IMO

There is nothing else to assume but that. There will not be a video, he wore gloves, he changed clothes, that's not a leap, it's the only logical conclusion.

We live in a CSI world now where everyone expects a confession or an actual videotape. If this was a random act with robbery as a motive, that house would have been tossed, Michelle would have woke up and not have been found in her bedroom. A sex crime, same thing. If this was a case of a junky, a neighborhood punk, anyone but Jason there would have been forensic evidence there. It's the LACK of forensic evidence, the lack of anything happening to Cass that points squarely at Jason.
IMO, absolutely.

I think juries are far more demanding now, wanting to be given that CSI moment on a silver platter, so as a mock juror, so must I be.

It's my opinion that without direct evidence, JY will walk. I pray to God I am wrong.

IMO the shoe prints are one of the biggest holes in the states case. If there were only size 12 HP prints I think he would already be in prison.

DH has shoes in his closet that range from 10 to 11 1/2 depending on maker, style etc.

If JY planned this all he had to do was stop at Goodwill a garage sale etc. and buy a pair that fit him - could have been any size just ones that fit and could be discarded

OMG! He tells the day care workers about their sex life too. There are no words for this guy. Unbelievable. I am stunned.

I'm not. Those young women were women, weren't they? And he was such a, ahem, charmer.
icon6.gif

There is nothing else to assume but that. There will not be a video, he wore gloves, he changed clothes, that's not a leap, it's the only logical conclusion.
To you and me, yes. To juries this day and age, not so much.

I learned that crushing blow during the Anthony trial.

BBM

After his special instruction to the jury on the doll testimony, I don't think there is any chance that's getting in IMO

I missed part of it.... thought IS would be covering it today...
:( I didn't think they would get that in... if only

No, it means that if there's nothing else the prosecution has in way of direct evidence, he's might walk, just like Casey Anthony, which was a much stronger case, IMO.

For me personally, I think the circumstantial evidence is strong enough to convict, but I am learning that juries, with all these crime shows, are looking for more. That one thing. That direct thing. Something that puts JY in that room beating his wife to death.

A bloody hand print, his hair in her fist, his blood mingled with hers, from her fighting back.

Things like that, where I don't have to assume he dumped drove from his hotel to kill his wife, or assume he dumped his clothes, or assume he wore gloves. Because if the prosecution can put JY in that room, it's an easy conclusion to reach that he dumped his "killing" clothes and wore gloves. Otherwise, I feel like I'm being asked to just make the leap to murder based on JY's lack of character.

IMO

I agree with you. I think he did it. But I see a lot of assumptions in the case here. I think circumstantial evidence is powerful, if it is a fact. It is possible that he left the hotel that night, and drove to Raleigh to kill his wife, but it is not a fact. It is possible that GC saw him at the gas station that morning, but it is not a fact. To me, circumstantial evidence would be a credit card purchase at that gas station. It doesn't *prove* that he killed his wife, but it would be evidence that he left that hotel that night. Or to use a great example from this case, the FACT that he was seen leaving on camera, and not coming back in.

Maybe gritguy can weigh in on circumstantial evidence, but my understanding is that it is *factual* evidence used to weigh guilt or innocence.

I agree. I'm not sure why "tight timeline" means much - he either had enough time or he didn't. To me the timeline fits with him in it just fine. He didn't need extra time to stop for a steak and a beer. He was in a hurry to get back to his alibi spot.

The timeline was tight enough that the investigators checked to see if he somehow travel by air! I know its not impossible, but IMO the tight timeline is also one of the biggest holes in this case! If JY one more hour of time there would be little question.

Considering the last Jury was 8-4 not guilty, there must have been a substantial amount of reasonable doubt found by the last jury. Where else does it come from other than the timeline and size 10 shoes?

I guess other things I can think of right now are lack of DNA evidence at the crime scene, and lack of fiber or blood transfer to anything connected to JY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member