TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 11 calls SA made around 9:30 a.m. - to reach an accomplice or to contact the drug dealer for later in the day?
6:30 a.m. to 9:38 (when the phone pings at his mom's) - unaccounted for which has to include the drive to his mother's. They should be able to narrow down a search area.
Probably left the phone at his mother's - returned to use BD's phone to send text message WRUD? - establishing an alibi - enough time to return to get his mom's to get the phone, return to BD's house around the time he "usually" gets there.

If he was smart enough to pull the battery and smart enough to try to make alibi's (going to work, using BD's phone, etc) he would be smart enough to NOT call anybody involved on his cell phone - did he use his mother's landline? or her cell? Is there a drug dealer or do they get the rx from "regular" people - maybe family members who have a legit prescription and are willing to sell it to them? Does BD's mother take the same type of rx?

Just for fun. Lookit how the story changes.

December 29

Hailey reported as last wearing pink and white shoes

December 31

Hailey reported as gone missing at 1pm instead of 3:15pm

January 02

Hailey still being reported as missing at 1pm, instead of 3:15pm.

Hailey reported as last seen walking from her home to a friend’s.

January 04

Hailey’s status changed from runaway to missing person.

Story changes from Hailey’s time missing at 1pm to 3:15pm.

Story changes from going to a friend’s house, to going first to dad’s house and then friend’s house.

Hailey still reported as last wearing pink and white tennis shoes.

January 05

Billie and Shawn again go to take polygraphs. Both fail. Both walk out.

D tells a Texas Ranger that Shawn has “bolted”. Eventually Shawn is found at his grandmother’s home.

January 06

Story changes from Hailey last wearing pink and white tennis shoes to last wearing flip flops.

Story changes to Hailey was also wearing red hoop earrings.

OT I guess, but I have to stick up for Pit bulls. I have one that I rescued from our local animal shelter and she is the sweetest dog in the world. A mix between a black lab and a pit bull. She was abused and has many scars, both that you can see, and emotional scars. However, in her time with us (almost 4 years) she has become a wonderful addition to our family, and we are teaching her that she can trust and feel love safe from harm.

K, stepping down from my soap box now. Just wanted to say, these dogs get a bad rap, and it's not always fair.

I do dog rescue and also worked at our local shelter for years. We have 3 pitbulls and they are the best family dogs we've ever had.

As for them biting. we had WAY more labs in the bite room at the shelter than we ever had pitbulls. It's not the dogs fault gang bangers give them a bad reputation.
The top 2 worst dog bites I ever say came from akitas not pitbulls.

Ok back to the topic at hand.

No new news :( I guess BD bowed out of NG before the real heat came on her. IMO Wonder if NG will cover any more?

Where is Hailey? Hoping she will be found today!

NG does her show each night based upon which case she is following has the most sensational development to talk about. Yesterday, the Lubbock PD finally asked for the video from the abduction site and saw Elizabeth being forced down the hall and into the kidnapper's vehicle. They were about to recover her body as the show went to air.

Nothing happened in Hailey's case yesterday, so NG had no BOMBSHELL.

I'm sure that Billie will continue to accept any opportunity to keep Hailey's case on the forefront of everyone's mind, and until a less sensationalized opportunity comes along, NG is the best tool she has to keep LE on their toes.

MOO

I am sure that is why LE gave her the new phone right away. I don't think SA realized that at first but he does have a lawyer now, and I would be shocked if that lawyer hasn't warned him that every word he says is being scrutinized by authorities

Right now, Billie Dunn is LE's best asset because without her willingness to encourage SA to talk, communication from him would be a great big zilch. SA's lawyer doesn't seem to be doing much of anything except trying to keep SA's mouth shut. BD is not hiding from anyone; SA is.

When your client is innocent, you shout it from the rooftops and you make sure you look good for the close-ups...best free advertising a defense lawyer can get!
All MOO

Do you remember who said that LE gave BD a new phone? It just seems odd for LE to replace anything being held in evidence. I seem to remember a post of cz's that gave me the impression that the new phone was perhaps provided by friends/neighbors. I do realize it was said that LE found an xbox for DD...but I thought it was more of a non-official act of kindness to a kid on the part of the officers. tia

I believe 1 of CZ's posts said WE got her a new phone, or We made sure she has a phone something like that.

Has Billie or Clint or MB or D or anybody said if Hailey had been going out walking in her flip flops despite the chilly weather? Or if they were something she wore only around the house that time of year? Or what shoes she was wearing at Clint's that weekend?

What about the Christmas day pics? Did I read that she was wearing the pink/white tennies in those pics? Or am I hallucinating again?

There are a lot of concerns about this case While im sure that LE is doing the best that they are able to with the information that they have im also very curious why they wouldnt bring TES in ? This is a group that has a very good success rate and having them on "stand by' makes very little sense imo.
I know that we all have various opinions about BD &SA and were all going to have to agree to disagree at some point because whats going on right now in this investigation isnt working . While I cant see someone her age getting into a car with a stranger ,how many people did she associate with who might have had cars ? Would she have accepted a ride to her friends home if it were offered by one of those people?

Has Billie or Clint or MB or D or anybody said if Hailey had been going out walking in her flip flops despite the chilly weather? Or if they were something she wore only around the house that time of year? Or what shoes she was wearing at Clint's that weekend?

What about the Christmas day pics? Did I read that she was wearing the pink/white tennies in those pics? Or am I hallucinating again?

On Christmas Day, Billiie was wearing the pink/white tennis shoes. Hailey had on dark blue/black and ?purple? tennis shoes. I read somewhere that the searchers were instructed to look for dark tennis shoes.

In Texas, it is 100% normal to wear flip-flops all year round. My 16-year-old wears them almost every other day to school, out with her friends, etc.

You know, you could construct a story that Hailey was out walking that morning, and/or outside for a whole half hour in the yard, and that the shoes missing were flip flops that she ordinarily wore only around the house, and you could give people the impression that somebody had seen her outside - in the yard or walking in the alley - you know, some perv hanging around lurking - and that when she went back in the house and got all comfy in her flip flops that lurking pervy predator had come in the door that was always left unlocked and snatched her away.

You could just put out those little bits and pieces of the story and just wait for people to put those little pieces of bait out there and start screaming 'stanger abduction'. You know, just sort of lead them to it. Drop the hints all over.

Once you had come up with the story, of course.

Man oh man this really bothers me. All those story changes.

ETA: another of my championship level run on sentences there. :)

I believe 1 of CZ's posts said WE got her a new phone, or We made sure she has a phone something like that.

Thread #11, Post #251:

my_tee_mouse ask:

czgtz...

Does BD have ANY phone at her disposal right now?

czgtz replied:

yes, we have made sure she has a phone

In those pics, BD is wearing pink/white tennis shoes and HD is wearing black and I would call it more of a fushcia colored tennis shoe.

~BBM~ You would think it would be as simple as "Obstruction of Justice"!!!!

Obstruction of justice is not simple... and it is extremely hard to prove in court. It is a whole lot different than LE thinking someone knows something they haven't told. They can't go around locking people up because they THINK that person knows something... LE would have to prove they knew it. So if LE doesn't know this information, then how are they going to prove that person knew it?
Not simple at all.

I'm on a roll today. In a very bad mood since KTAB didn't give us the LE timeline they promised us last night. Y'all might have to put me on ignore. :floorlaugh:

So here's another thing I'm fuming over today. Reading back all the stories about when Hailey left, it's always "she said she was going to her dad's and then to MB's", and that's it.

But Shawn was still there, and apparently stayed there until 4 when D came and pounded on the door.

So where's the rest of the story? Where's "and then she said 'see ya later' and walked out the front door'? Or "and then she got a coke out of the fridge, popped it open, and walked out the back door"? Or "and then since I was standing there, I opened the front door for her, she smiled, walked out, and I shut the door, and went and took a wizz"?

Where's the rest of the story?

There is no rest of the story. Only bits. That's why LE does not have a time line!!!!!!!! If a family can not even come up with and stick to the same time line it's not a wonder LE can't move past the family!

Apologies for a rehash, but I have a query about the mask. I've sort of ignored it until now because I figured it just spoke to the unusual hobbies of SA and maybe BD, and a slasher/macabre killing was unlikely to have occurred at the home given the lack of evidence.

Then I grasped that it was a CUSTOM mask that was made, so I wondered how the seller obtains the measurements/shape of SA's face? Does a mold need to be made?

I have to tend to real world, wont be back until later...
Keep up the great work you wonderful sleuthers! ~Hugs around~
~Praying Hailey will be home when I return~

You and me both... I'm behind several threads. I keep hoping/praying that when I check the headlines, there will be some better news. I don't think she's with us anymore, but I'm hoping for justice.

Well the local "news" isn't going to dig and find anything out that's for sure, so without NG and her people there to ask the hard questions I think this is what we can expect. Shame really...it's a golden opportunity for some hungry local reporter to move up, but I guess there aren't any around.

This has been a pet peeve of mine since I was a kid.

Here in Abilene, our local newspaper, radio and TV stations are so beholden to local advertisers that they live in fear of offending someone. Most local news stories are nothing but a paraphrased version of a press release. Typos, grammatical errors, misspellings and misleading headlines are the most interesting added components.

I don't understand what would motivate a person to study journalism if they have no interest in seeking out information. If all you are going to do is regurgitate monodimentional spin; why bother?

I do have to give a small shout-out to KKHR 1340. They occassionaly have an informative guest on a local show, though the conversation flows very slowly and callers with "no clue" are allowed to drawl on and on about nothing. The classic "Schweatty Balls" bit from SNL is fast-paced compared to our local talk radio shows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff