TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so now we have no arrest. But we think we still have a "mona". A guy is being searched for maybe. We think the car is impounded, but....we are not sure if it's THE car, and mom and sd have not been cleared. Ok.......clear as mud really.

I think the arrest all hinges on the positive ID. That and they are dipping their line in to catch a bigger fish, maybe. MOO

ok start sleuthing Mona, she has been charged with capital murder!

Woman charged with capital murder in case of missing boy

A family acquaintance has been charged with capital murder in the death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster.

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, was arrested Wednesday morning at her home, police said.

A break in the case came Nelson’s truck was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the culvert where a body believed to be Jonathan’s was found in the 9900 block of East Hardy on Tuesday.

lots more at link

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

But a spokesman from the Houston Police Department told FoxNews.com that no arrests have been made, disputing some local reports that a woman was in custody in connection to Jonathan Foster’s disappearance.

(this says no arrests, I take that to mean no one has been arrested for anything with this case, it was a bs story? Im beat, I cant take no more tonight.)

Once again tx to you all for putting up with my fumbled MS brain.

outstanding warrent? the media does not even give a hoot what they say now, just jabber to keep the focus on them instead of where it should be.

Any normal parent. But this is a parent who has not had custody for eight years. Who has only had custody for six months. Obviously things are not all okay with this parent. Her behavior and diction make me think learning disabilities/slowness. IMO, she is acting more like a 12 year old child than the parent of one, and CYA is the motive of a 12 year old, often times. Not excusing the behavior, but I don't expect "normal" parenting behavior from this parent. Things are all off kilter from the get-go, and you add the stress and chaos of an abduction... So I can't go by what "I" would do in a situation like this. IMO.

I have to wonder - she hadn't had the child all this time, and then something changed where she was either allowed, allowed/interested, or approved. I keep thinking that possibly there was "someone" who might take the child back if they found her parenting was lacking (still). Maybe the grandmother? Did that influence her decision to lie about the babysitter's presence? Was it something else?

I guess if she hasn't had the child or wasn't allowed the child all that time (I have no idea which is most accurate) that there was a reason, and it's possible that the reason is that she just sucks at making good workable decisions in life. Obviously she made a mistake lying about the child's real situation - that right there shows that she had poor judgement. So I'm with you - I think that if we expect her to be a normal parent, we're going to be sorely disappointed.

I also suspect that all her bad decisions of the past are going to come to light as this plays out - whether or not they have anything to do with the case. Honestly, I don't care what she did before. If she really was making a real attempt at being a mother for all the reasons we hope she was, possibly moved out from the stepfather to shield her kid from a bad environment, and just made a spectacularly stupid (but possibly typical) mistake in not being able to judge appropriate priorities (missing kid > in trouble with mom about kid) because she's slow, or has something wrong with her that she's overcoming, then fine. But if she did it to protect someone, over the priority of the kid, KatyBarTheDoor!

WHAT???????? It is what it is, a lie. I'm not going to make it jump through hoops and run around in circles to become the truth....it was MISLEADING INFORMATION at a crucial time.

yes, technically it was a lie. However, at the time this mother gave the info to LE about the sitter she likely had no idea her son wouldn't be found safely, and after having recently received custody of she was likely afraid of losing custody of him.

So who really effed up here? A scared mother who was embarrased or ashamed/afraid to admit to LE her 12 yr old was left alone? When Harris came out and stated via MSM it was NOT unusual for 12 year olds to be left alone - or for HPD to have sat on their arse for 6-7 hours to enter this child as missing into the NCIC database.

IMO, HPD has a legit reason for the delay on the amber alert, but they have no valid excuse for not entering this child as missing into NCIC earlier. HPD sounds as if they are trying to mesh the issue of the delaying the amber alert and entering the child into NCIC and it aint gonna fly with people intellegent enough to understand the difference between the parameters for an amber alert and entering a child as missing into a database notifying all officers a child is missing.

The kid was missing regardless of whether mom said a sitter was there or not. So why the delay. For all we know LE could have found that child alive if they weren't so damned worried about a yes or no on a baby sitter. Mom was clearly at work, that was no lie so why the delay by HPD?

jmvho

o

A break in the case came Nelson’s truck was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the culvert where a body believed to be Jonathan’s was found in the 9900 block of East Hardy on Tuesday.

REPORTING FROM EARLIER SUCKS, they said she was in SD's Mercedes.

WTH??!?

[to be noted, JF mom says SD/DD took a poly, and he passed.]

There is a big difference from "Jonathan went to get something from the babysitter's house" to "Angela received a call from work from a "raspy voiced woman." HUGE difference. HUGE!!!!!

Can someone in the know help out with this? Because from where it stands right now, you totally have the mother telling fibs to LE from the beginning about Jonathan's disappearance and then blasting them because they prolly took a hard look at her and the SF as soon as her "story" changed. If you initially lie to the police like that, they are going to look at you early on. And doubt your story. And perhaps not have the necessary information/or doubt that an Amber Alert should be put in place.

This makes NO sense to me. She has had him for 6 weeks and poof he disappears. Her relatives have been raising him the other 12 years...and up until moving in with her, he is fine...?????????

I hate ranting like this. It does no good. He should be at home playing with unwrapped Christmas presents. I hate that his entire family is hurting like this. I truly totally do. But it escapes me why a parent who hasn't been raising her child until about a month ago, would initially lie to police from the jump about his disappearance and unless she was trying to hide something...and by that something I just mean perhaps the reason why she had only recently had that child in her life???? JMO. As always, the victim is all that matters. We are here to sleuth it out and press on for justice no matter where that trail leads. Period.

My condolences to the family. Sincerely. :(

ok start sleuthing Mona, she has been charged with capital murder!

Woman charged with capital murder in case of missing boy

A family acquaintance has been charged with capital murder in the death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster.

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, was arrested Wednesday morning at her home, police said.

lots more at link

I just went to no arrests to capital murder in two blinks! My head hurts.

the bickering of home versus old home versus new home with roommate/sitter, he ran home he ran to sitters, is exactly my point of why the inaccuracies of where jf was really at is concerning to me.... why so much effort in making up video story to stress jfs place of abduction??? obvious confusion but leaves ya wondering why...imo

And then to have the unmitigated gall to blame the police for not immediately issuing an amber alert.

When one lie is told, then LE have to double and triple check the rest of the "facts." She only has herself (and her husband) to blame for the delays, because they were rooted in her very own lie. What lie could be more damaging than obfuscating the truth of where the child was and who he was with that day?

Could just be me, I am having issues today, but I can't find her in any Harris county jail system.

Don't know what to believe anymore, and I want to believe.

Anyone find her yet?

Mona's past record:

Attachments

• Mona arrest records.png
    Mona arrest records.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 234
abc13.com has her mugshot and says she has been charged.

so horrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member